MaggiJin

How many times a day is too many times a day to get creeper messeges?

13 hours ago, Jae Villa said:

Female avatars, you really do have to put up with some rubbish. Total respect for sticking at it. 

Sadly, this is not limited to Second Life at all.

• Like 3

When I'm out and get attempted pick up IMs I don't ignore them anymore. I'll respond with a witty refrain, something that makes them either: 1. Have to think of a clever response, which would then get me interested or 2. Take them so long to think and come up with nothing that they are overwhelmed with the feeling of intimidation enough to leave me alone :)

• Like 1

I don't believe in people's initial approaches being creepy, but just undesirable and not lining up with what I want to see. I often get annoyed at the IMs I get implying I should act as a sub and bottom. My avatar doesn't look like some hardass dominatrix and has some interactive, possibly submissive component.  90% of the attention I get is people wanting to be on top, 100% of those times I don't like it. I've stated in my profile I am mostly dom. Anyone IMing me for RP or poseball should have read it and tread carefully if they wanted to do dom things with me. It often ends up in violation of consent, but I don't worry too much and gently ignore people. It's usually a minor amusement to receive any new IM; I consider myself pretty approachable.

Edited by Desudesudesuka

They all go something like ...

Brodude : Hi, How r u? 

Moi : Fine thanks .... 

Brodude : .... <SILENCE> ....

... I'm left wondering what the F they wanted. Asking why they poked results in hostility. Am I expected to carry the conversation here? Should I be rezzing pose balls?

• Like 2

On 5/6/2018 at 11:29 AM, CoffeeDujour said:

They all go something like ...

... I'm left wondering what the F they wanted. Asking why they poked results in hostility. Am I expected to carry the conversation here? Should I be rezzing pose balls?

I had an epiphany a couple of months ago (Ok I enabled being able to see where other people are looking). I realized when you get those kinds of responses, it’s usually because the guy is IM’ing anything with breasts that he sees and it takes a looong time for them to get back to you.

when that happens, I just close the box after two minutes.

The flip side of that guy is the guy that types a mile a minute. While you are typing a response, he cranked out three more messages.

Depending on my mood I either ignore them or if they are polite and well spoken, I politely reject (so far...)

If I'm bored and have time I try to go a long a bit, see how creative they can get (not much most of the time) or tell them ill be waiting for them at my room and give a LM. When they do actually TP over I have yet to get one that likes coming to a sim where they have to pay for sex though ;)

1 minute ago, Derekmate said:

I get non and it's really unfair. I feel left out. 

Now that we cannot tolerate - Sent you one :ph34r:

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

Some totally random guy I don't know sent me a friend request the other day on my main. Since  I find random friend requests an endless source of amusement,  I accepted. He said hi, I said hi, and he immediately asked for a teleport. I of course  gave him one.  I was working but thought, oh this should be fun. He showed up totally sans clothes and  with a horribly mismatched male appendage in full action mode.

He starts telling me how glad he is that we are now friends, and that he hoped we could be friends in rl too like so many of his other friends are.

I was like what? send e-mails?

he said no no,  I wanna skype with you.

I said sorry, my rl partner doesn't want me having any rl interactions like that.

Then he started begging... please, please, please, I really need to talk to you in rl.

I told him I had already said no once, and to stop asking.

He said fine, I knew you'd be like that, and he tped away.

I then unfriended him

Creeper? naw, funny as hell? yes.

On 12/14/2017 at 9:22 AM, LittleMe Jewell said:

If I'm given any sort of compliment, I simply respond with 'Thank you'.  If someone is commenting on part of my Profile, I might or might not respond, depending on exactly what they say.  Any else that even remotely resembles a pickup line is simply ignored, completely.

Exactly!  Say thank you and let them move on!

The last time I had received a "u want sum....?" message was from I guess a newbie? I can't properly cam to people without crashing or lagging super bad and I wanted to f'with them some. Turns out opening your pants and screaming "OMG WHAT IS THAT???" will deter "suitors" quick as a flash.

Before that, I would explain how they can't afford me, then when they ask how much, I throw an insane number at them just to see what would happen.

But seriously OP. It doesn't matter what you have in your profile, or how you look. If you have breasts and a vagane, you're going to be hit on by people who think they are somehow better than the person you are with.

• Like 1

I rarely get anything beyond the simple "hi" and ignore nowadays, which works in my favor when I just want to dance or something.

The worst was the day I got like 10 IMs all at once as soon as I TPed to a beach. I had to mute most of them and a few were getting irate at my lack of a response. But yeah, if you get one or two that's basically normal. More than 5 is creeper levels imo