MaggiJin

How many times a day is too many times a day to get creeper messeges?

So when I take my avatar out, I tend to get alot of dudes sending the "you pretty lets boink" ims. some are more subtle about it but still pretty obvious. today I've gotten 5 and I'm starting to get annoyed with it as it outweighs the people who just want to talk like normal. I don't hang around sex sims and i don't dress my avatar unlike any other female avatar I've seen, so i don't know. A friend suggested it might have to do with my avatar looking vaguely latina and sterotypes surrounding that but I doubt that and I also don't see it so. I had to leave a sim because a guy kept following me around trying to get me to insult him for having a small *****. a bit.. odd.

Is this just normal? Do guys get this to? I'm starting to think i should just make an unattractive avatar.

1 hour ago, MaggiJin said:

Is this just normal?

It has naff all to do with looking 'vaguely' anything except female, differences in your skin, hair, face shape, body fat index, fuglyness rating, etc., simple determin WHICH group of knuckle dragging "25 going on 15"  retards you get harassed by.

The "hi babe ur wawt, wanna posball" brigade are merely Class 2 Loiterers, as opposed to Class 1 Loiterers, who simply stand there looking all steroid abuse spray tan overload until "The Power Of Macho Compels You" to im them and beg for poseball (or not).

There are also

'Smarmers' - "Not trying to chat you up, just complimenting you on your avatar my dear, tell me, it says lesbian in your profile, may i assume this means you havnt had any training in deep-primming scripted boy dangles? I'd be happy to assist you if you wished to learn"

'Circlers' - This seems to be a mainly Brazillian thing, they circle you like a shark in public places, constantly repeating a single word of heathen foreign gibberish that apparently translates as... "housecat housecat housecat mmmmmmmm housecat housecat housecat*drool* housecat housecat..."

'Porters' - These guys perv profiles in groups till they find a female sounding one then "Message from Secondlife - Dingbat Machotard is offering to teleport you to 'Extreme Rape Mansion', accept this teleport offer Y/N?"

'Mastas' - Commonly found in the various Gor-Bore and Nu-Gor-Bore-Unevolved (like regular Gor-Bore but no dark age tunics because "wearin a dress make Gor-boy hav teh gay", and ak47's and harleys instead of crossbows and horses) sims "hi gurl I r Masta in RL an natraly dumbinant, u wan mi 2 b ur Masta don u? *nadu *grab *strip wy ur colla no work for Gor-boy?"

These are just a small sample of the many different species of knuckle dragging loathsomness found in SL.

Welcome to the Community, did you remember to bring thicker skin to wear while logged in?

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 25

...A friend suggested it might have to do with my avatar looking vaguely latina and sterotypes surrounding that but I doubt that...

No, this has nothing do with looking like a latina. Im blonde, pretty small and slim, and one year ago i still had the cornered system head and body.
And guess what? I didnt have less unwanted IMs that time at all.

Is this just normal? Do guys get this to? I'm starting to think i should just make an unattractive avatar.

Like Klytyna said,  thats normal, because you are female.

Well, the last thing you should do is to change the way you look. Never ever. 
I just threaten the "class 2 loiterers" by sending them a certain picture from my photos folder, if they dont accept a friendly "No thanks, im not interressted to play the bouncy-bouncy game":
https://marketplace.secondlife.com/p/TESLA-Poor-Mans-Blow-Up-Sex-Doll-Avatar/7074837

It always worked. I never had to use this avatar.
Even though i feel good to know, the blow up doll is right there in my inventory. 

Edited by Resi Pfeffer
typo
  • Like 2

If I'm given any sort of compliment, I simply respond with 'Thank you'.  If someone is commenting on part of my Profile, I might or might not respond, depending on exactly what they say.  Any else that even remotely resembles a pickup line is simply ignored, completely.

• Like 1

I got one yesterday who simply said "dance"  not even a "hi sxy hru"  I replied "I am"  he  said OK and left  *shrugs*

Edited by Cindy Evanier
  • Haha 3

Your profile may be inviting above average interest from those who read profiles.

"Looking for friends and maybe more." and "Possibly looking." are both flags.

My profile shows Snugs as my partner. That's an extreme measure to ward off advances, but it allows me to believe that I've warded off advances.

Edited by Madelaine McMasters
  • Like 1

I received an IM the other day while checking out a new golf course, from an individual asking what I thought of pervy old men. Knowing where this would go, I simply amswered "I don't". He got the general idea where this "conversation" was NOT going and wished me a pleasant evening. It had been a while since I was IM'ed in such a way. I just sighed and thought "Chassie, ya still have it!!! YES!!!".

I shot a lousy round with friends, but it did make my night.

As Klytyna mentioned, get thicker skin. It's gonna happen.

• Like 2

is it wrong that when i scroll down the list of topics and see that Klytyna has posted, that i get excited at just what she will write?

i have to say, you are one of the funniest people on the forums.  i really, really enough your postings.  i confess, i almost killed myself by chocking on food i was eating but that is my fault for trying to eat and read your posts at the same time. lesson learned.

please don't ever stop doing posts!!!

On 12/14/2017 at 3:19 AM, Klytyna said:

It has naff all to do with looking 'vaguely' anything except female, differences in your skin, hair, face shape, body fat index, fuglyness rating, etc., simple determin WHICH group of knuckle dragging "25 going on 15"  retards you get harassed by.

The "hi babe ur wawt, wanna posball" brigade are merely Class 2 Loiterers, as opposed to Class 1 Loiterers, who simply stand there looking all steroid abuse spray tan overload until "The Power Of Macho Compels You" to im them and beg for poseball (or not).

There are also

'Smarmers' - "Not trying to chat you up, just complimenting you on your avatar my dear, tell me, it says lesbian in your profile, may i assume this means you havnt had any training in deep-primming scripted boy dangles? I'd be happy to assist you if you wished to learn"

'Circlers' - This seems to be a mainly Brazillian thing, they circle you like a shark in public places, constantly repeating a single word of heathen foreign gibberish that apparently translates as... "housecat housecat housecat mmmmmmmm housecat housecat housecat*drool* housecat housecat..."

'Porters' - These guys perv profiles in groups till they find a female sounding one then "Message from Secondlife - Dingbat Machotard is offering to teleport you to 'Extreme Rape Mansion', accept this teleport offer Y/N?"

'Mastas' - Commonly found in the various Gor-Bore and Nu-Gor-Bore-Unevolved (like regular Gor-Bore but no dark age tunics because "wearin a dress make Gor-boy hav teh gay", and ak47's and harleys instead of crossbows and horses) sims "hi gurl I r Masta in RL an natraly dumbinant, u wan mi 2 b ur Masta don u? *nadu *grab *strip wy ur colla no work for Gor-boy?"

These are just a small sample of the many different species of knuckle dragging loathsomness found in SL.

Welcome to the Community, did you remember to bring thicker skin to wear while logged in?

• Like 4

On 12/14/2017 at 1:11 AM, MaggiJin said:

HI MaggiJin,

in most of the busier maps and starting areas, a lot of people will get those messages. my char is VERY male (not steroid user)  but still gets those messages from mesh and system female and male avi's.

i just politely say "i'm busy right now, but thank you for asking".   it seems to work well as no feelings are hurt so they don't freak out.  :) 

i do know that my friends on female chars get anywhere from 5-25 messages a day.  they just don't reply back and the people just disappear soon.

On 12/14/2017 at 1:11 AM, MaggiJin said:

So when I take my avatar out, I tend to get alot of dudes sending the "you pretty lets boink" ims. some are more subtle about it but still pretty obvious. today I've gotten 5 and I'm starting to get annoyed with it as it outweighs the people who just want to talk like normal. I don't hang around sex sims and i don't dress my avatar unlike any other female avatar I've seen, so i don't know. A friend suggested it might have to do with my avatar looking vaguely latina and sterotypes surrounding that but I doubt that and I also don't see it so. I had to leave a sim because a guy kept following me around trying to get me to insult him for having a small *****. a bit.. odd.

I get them from time to time. Once i looked to see where this person was on the sim via mini-map. He wasn't there. Others were getting the same IM too. We figured it someone working from a group listing and shotgunning the IM's out.

Just ignore them and carry on.

I'm not sure for some there are any ways to stop them or detract them from IMing women.  My wife once got IM'd from a guy asking her if she wanted to have sex with him.  She was dancing with me at the time....:$

2 hours ago, Asher Isodo said:

My wife once got IM'd from a guy asking her if she wanted to have sex with him

If only that was all they asked.

I get IM's from men that want to be punished in some inventive ways.

6 hours ago, Asher Isodo said:

My wife once got IM'd from a guy asking her if she wanted to have sex with him.  She was dancing with me at the time

Half the time the guy hitting on YOUR wife will be dancing with HIS wife, because he knows shes going to log in 30 mins and he wants to line up some free tail for later... :D 

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

We males get them as well, well at least I can attest that i have. 99% of the time its when i have a non human av on, Draconian, Lycan, Demon, Wolf, Horse, anthro horse and scarily a 5M tall Minotaur..  That one hurt my head, her head was at waist height. I asked how the logistics of that would work and she said "I don't care, you figure it out." There isn't a pose set out there that would work. That, and I was in the middle of a mall... Shopping... I don't get how "Oh baby, I bet u culd rip me in 2!!" is supposed to be a turn on. I had one woman ask me if i would literally emote tearing off hunks of her flesh while we... copulated. I backed away slowly from her.. 

Edited by Drake1 Nightfire
  • Haha 3
  • Confused 1
  • Sad 1

On 12/14/2017 at 1:38 PM, Madelaine McMasters said:

Your profile may be inviting above average interest from those who read profiles.

"Looking for friends and maybe more." and "Possibly looking." are both flags.

My profile shows Snugs as my partner. That's an extreme measure to ward off advances, but it allows me to believe that I've warded off advances.

This refers to a real relationship, not casual get togethers or that weird "master" thing people seem obsessed with on here.

1 hour ago, Rhonda Huntress said:

What you write and what people read are seldom the same.

Its not my fault that they're reading into something in the worst way possible. their problem, not mine.

Meh, it doesn’t really matter what you look like, what kind of body you have, what color you are, what’s in your profile. Guys are going to hit on you, Klytyna pretty much nailed it.

There are guys that I call mass marketers. They literally have a “throw S#!t on the wall and see what sticks” mentality. There’s guys that hang out in women’s clothing stores, just to hit on women....like that’s not creepy. There’s guys that  literally copy and paste the same thing to every female avi they see and wait to see who responds. That guy that said Hi and took ten mins to respond? He said Hi to every other woman in his line of sight too.

The more evolved ones can have a seemingly real conversation. It usually breaks down when you ask them anything about themselves. They don’t want you to know anything about them. They want to know as much about you as possible so they can attempt to manipulate you.

It can get pretty deep the kinds of things some guys will attempt. But it’s pretty normal and as long as you’re in a public space, it’s going to happen.

Just wait until you come out of the shock stage and into the quick-witted comeback stage! You can literally see the loading wheel spinning when they try to think how to respond back to you.

• Like 2
  • Haha 1