Jump to content
ThorinII

No "I disagree" choice?

Recommended Posts

22 hours ago, Jerilynn Lemon said:

I want that shirt.

Me too. ¬¬

 

 

What...? :ph34r:

 

But back to the topic: I don't want a "Disagree" button here. Why not? Simply because I think that Skell and Orwar are right: such a button would be definitively abused - at least for the first few weeks months year after its introduction (an assumption based on the behavior of certain people that I've experienced here in the last versions of this discussion platform).

  • Thanks 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
23 hours ago, Jerilynn Lemon said:

I want that shirt.

I have that shirt, well, one just like it, slightly different design, same words lol.

Also have one that says drugs not hugs..but that's prob not what others are looking for, lmao. 

 

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Thank you all for your thoughts. Your arguments against this idea of mine did make me reconsider it. And I have to admit that obviously it wasn't such a good idea to start with.

It rather seems that this time, Gibbs' Rule #51 applies to me: "Sometimes - you're wrong".

  • Like 3
  • Thanks 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 minutes ago, Rhonda Huntress said:

It's Spanish for "no more."  Right?

I love how your brain works Rhonda:D  Ok you may have something there with "No Mas" in Spanish, I was thinking.......

A Rolling Stone gathers No Moss?

 

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
21 hours ago, eighthdwarf Checchinato said:

But back to the topic: I don't want a "Disagree" button here. Why not? Simply because I think that Skell and Orwar are right: such a button would be definitively abused - at least for the first few weeks months year after its introduction (an assumption based on the behavior of certain people that I've experienced here in the last versions of this discussion platform).

If such a button existed, we would all be clicking "Disagree" instead of responding playfully and insightfully.

  • Like 2
  • Thanks 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
12 minutes ago, Rhonda Huntress said:

It's Spanish for "no more."  Right?

LOL! Good one.

There was a store in Mexico I used to go to, called "MAS MAS MAS!".

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
14 hours ago, ThorinII said:

Thank you all for your thoughts. Your arguments against this idea of mine did make me reconsider it. And I have to admit that obviously it wasn't such a good idea to start with.

It rather seems that this time, Gibbs' Rule #51 applies to me: "Sometimes - you're wrong".

You're a Gentleman!

  • Like 2
  • Thanks 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I was just going to bring this up too, thanks for saving me the searching :D

Yes we need atleast a something along the lines of Wow or Bravo (though I really like the 'Thanks' option too) type reaction and I would love to see a 'I Disagree' reaction

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
27 minutes ago, Hunter Stern said:

 and I would love to see a 'I Disagree' reaction

Read all comments - most think it would be a bad idea and even the OP changed his mind and said he didn't want it.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
27 minutes ago, LittleMe Jewell said:

Read all comments - most think it would be a bad idea and even the OP changed his mind and said he didn't want it.

Don't let the facts get in the way of a good thread.

This really is a disturbing image.

party-pooper.jpg

  • Haha 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
7 hours ago, LittleMe Jewell said:

Read all comments - most think it would be a bad idea and even the OP changed his mind and said he didn't want it.

I did, and you know what? I don't care what 'most' think. I'm sure (or I hope) the OP thought for themselves. That is the whole purpose too to form ones opinion and we should be able to 'agree to disagree'.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

The laugh button is already used in a negative way. It's often used to laugh with a post and often to laugh at a post in a derisory way. The poster does get +1 rep point in each case, so it's not bad :)

Edited by Phil Deakins
  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Phil Deakins said:

To those who refered to the OP as a 'he', the pic looks like a she to me  o.O

@ThorinII switches between male and female. At the time of their original post, they were presenting as male, but right now (as mentioned in another thread on the forum) they're presenting as female, hence the icon change.

Edited by Skell Dagger
  • Thanks 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, Phil Deakins said:

To those who refered to the OP as a 'he', the pic looks like a she to me  o.O

 

1 hour ago, Skell Dagger said:

@ThorinII switches between male and female. At the time of their original post, they were presenting as male, but right now (as mentioned in another thread on the forum) they're presenting as female, hence the icon change.

 

I hadn't even noticed the icon change - I just knew that Thorinll was usually a male here in the forums.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.


×
×
  • Create New...