ThorinII

No "I disagree" choice?

22 hours ago, Jerilynn Lemon said:

I want that shirt.

Me too. ¬¬

What...? :ph34r:

But back to the topic: I don't want a "Disagree" button here. Why not? Simply because I think that Skell and Orwar are right: such a button would be definitively abused - at least for the first few weeks months year after its introduction (an assumption based on the behavior of certain people that I've experienced here in the last versions of this discussion platform).

• Thanks 1

23 hours ago, Jerilynn Lemon said:

I want that shirt.

I have that shirt, well, one just like it, slightly different design, same words lol.

Also have one that says drugs not hugs..but that's prob not what others are looking for, lmao. 

• Like 1

Thank you all for your thoughts. Your arguments against this idea of mine did make me reconsider it. And I have to admit that obviously it wasn't such a good idea to start with.

It rather seems that this time, Gibbs' Rule #51 applies to me: "Sometimes - you're wrong".

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

3 minutes ago, Rhonda Huntress said:

It's Spanish for "no more."  Right?

I love how your brain works Rhonda:D  Ok you may have something there with "No Mas" in Spanish, I was thinking.......

A Rolling Stone gathers No Moss?

21 hours ago, eighthdwarf Checchinato said:

But back to the topic: I don't want a "Disagree" button here. Why not? Simply because I think that Skell and Orwar are right: such a button would be definitively abused - at least for the first few weeks months year after its introduction (an assumption based on the behavior of certain people that I've experienced here in the last versions of this discussion platform).

If such a button existed, we would all be clicking "Disagree" instead of responding playfully and insightfully.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

12 minutes ago, Rhonda Huntress said:

It's Spanish for "no more."  Right?

LOL! Good one.

There was a store in Mexico I used to go to, called "MAS MAS MAS!".

• Like 1

14 hours ago, ThorinII said:

Thank you all for your thoughts. Your arguments against this idea of mine did make me reconsider it. And I have to admit that obviously it wasn't such a good idea to start with.

It rather seems that this time, Gibbs' Rule #51 applies to me: "Sometimes - you're wrong".

You're a Gentleman!

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

I was just going to bring this up too, thanks for saving me the searching :D

Yes we need atleast a something along the lines of Wow or Bravo (though I really like the 'Thanks' option too) type reaction and I would love to see a 'I Disagree' reaction

• Like 2

27 minutes ago, Hunter Stern said:

and I would love to see a 'I Disagree' reaction

Read all comments - most think it would be a bad idea and even the OP changed his mind and said he didn't want it.

27 minutes ago, LittleMe Jewell said:

Read all comments - most think it would be a bad idea and even the OP changed his mind and said he didn't want it.

Don't let the facts get in the way of a good thread.

This really is a disturbing image.

party-pooper.jpg

• Haha 2

7 hours ago, LittleMe Jewell said:

I did, and you know what? I don't care what 'most' think. I'm sure (or I hope) the OP thought for themselves. That is the whole purpose too to form ones opinion and we should be able to 'agree to disagree'.

• Like 1

The laugh button is already used in a negative way. It's often used to laugh with a post and often to laugh at a post in a derisory way. The poster does get +1 rep point in each case, so it's not bad :)

Edited by Phil Deakins
  • Like 2

1 hour ago, Phil Deakins said:

To those who refered to the OP as a 'he', the pic looks like a she to me  o.O

@ThorinII switches between male and female. At the time of their original post, they were presenting as male, but right now (as mentioned in another thread on the forum) they're presenting as female, hence the icon change.

Edited by Skell Dagger
  • Thanks 1

3 hours ago, Phil Deakins said:

To those who refered to the OP as a 'he', the pic looks like a she to me  o.O

1 hour ago, Skell Dagger said:

@ThorinII switches between male and female. At the time of their original post, they were presenting as male, but right now (as mentioned in another thread on the forum) they're presenting as female, hence the icon change.

I hadn't even noticed the icon change - I just knew that Thorinll was usually a male here in the forums.