No "I disagree" choice?

ThorinII

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 2264 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

22 hours ago, Jerilynn Lemon said:

I want that shirt.

Me too. ¬¬

What...? :ph34r:

But back to the topic: I don't want a "Disagree" button here. Why not? Simply because I think that Skell and Orwar are right: such a button would be definitively abused - at least for the first few weeks months year after its introduction (an assumption based on the behavior of certain people that I've experienced here in the last versions of this discussion platform).

• Thanks 1

Thank you all for your thoughts. Your arguments against this idea of mine did make me reconsider it. And I have to admit that obviously it wasn't such a good idea to start with.

It rather seems that this time, Gibbs' Rule #51 applies to me: "Sometimes - you're wrong".

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

21 hours ago, eighthdwarf Checchinato said:

But back to the topic: I don't want a "Disagree" button here. Why not? Simply because I think that Skell and Orwar are right: such a button would be definitively abused - at least for the first few weeks months year after its introduction (an assumption based on the behavior of certain people that I've experienced here in the last versions of this discussion platform).

If such a button existed, we would all be clicking "Disagree" instead of responding playfully and insightfully.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

14 hours ago, ThorinII said:

Thank you all for your thoughts. Your arguments against this idea of mine did make me reconsider it. And I have to admit that obviously it wasn't such a good idea to start with.

It rather seems that this time, Gibbs' Rule #51 applies to me: "Sometimes - you're wrong".

You're a Gentleman!

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

7 hours ago, LittleMe Jewell said:

Read all comments - most think it would be a bad idea and even the OP changed his mind and said he didn't want it.

I did, and you know what? I don't care what 'most' think. I'm sure (or I hope) the OP thought for themselves. That is the whole purpose too to form ones opinion and we should be able to 'agree to disagree'.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Phil Deakins said:

To those who refered to the OP as a 'he', the pic looks like a she to me  o.O

@ThorinII switches between male and female. At the time of their original post, they were presenting as male, but right now (as mentioned in another thread on the forum) they're presenting as female, hence the icon change.

Edited by Skell Dagger
  • Thanks 1

3 hours ago, Phil Deakins said:

To those who refered to the OP as a 'he', the pic looks like a she to me  o.O

1 hour ago, Skell Dagger said:

@ThorinII switches between male and female. At the time of their original post, they were presenting as male, but right now (as mentioned in another thread on the forum) they're presenting as female, hence the icon change.

I hadn't even noticed the icon change - I just knew that Thorinll was usually a male here in the forums.

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 2264 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.