Playing as a woman in SL - does it give insight as to how women feel in RL?

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 2312 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

On 12/13/2017 at 2:43 PM, janetosilio said:

some woman in the Midwest  probably never experienced things, I wouldn’t even bat an eye at, because they happen so often.

I'm not trying to be a *****, or anything, (honestly, I'm not), but that's a ridiculous statement to make. I live in the Midwest, and I can assure you that we experience every bit as much as you. 

• Like 2

Phil, what you’re talking about is something different entirely. There are a couple things to keep in mind though.

The first thing is a lot of women’s clothing in secondlife is made skimpy and revealing. Yesterday I bought a pair of mesh leggings that give you a bigger butt and had a wedgie option. This was a major designer that a lot of women buy from. So I’m not even talking about fetish clothes here.

The second is again, it depends on where you’re from and what your opinion of a whore looks like. I remember about a month back someone asked for a skin that didn’t have makeup on it because it made her look like a whore. Everybody that looked at the picture didn’t even notice it HAD makeup at all.

But to answer your question, which bee tee dubz    Sounds a lot like “she had on that outfit, she was asking for it” defense rapists try to use. I’m not calling you a rapist, just that it’s a very slippery slope there. I’m not even going there with the panty thing. But to answer your loaded question: how you dress doesn’t necessarily make you anything. 

The reason why? Do a pair of tight jeans make a woman a *****? Leggings? Makeup? Too much makeup? How much is too much? When is a skirt too short? Should I wear a one piece or a two piece bikini? Which one is the least *****ty. If you asked 20 different people on SL, you’d get 20 different answers.

The easiest thing to do is talk to them? Maybe you’re hanging out on a sim with whores? I don’t think “Hey, wanna f**k?” is a good opener anyway. 

• Like 5

On 12/12/2017 at 4:38 PM, norajulian said:

To tack onto everything else, SL is primarily female. There aren't as many men in secondlife for whatever reason, be it that we don't do enough "pew-pew!" guns here or the clothing support for female avatars is better. Also, I think it's fair to say that most women in RL don't scamper around topless, boobs flapping about in the wind. AND I don't have to deal with my monthlies in SL, and I can simply log out if I'm feeling witchy. In Rl we have to hold our tongues and bear our punishments for snapping. :P

As far as the #metoo comparison - no. Just, no. SL is weird, man. 

When I'm having a witchy day, I tp to S....f sim and h...g a sub-guy.  Cheers me up no end.

On 12/12/2017 at 5:57 AM, Gopi Passiflora said:

But my question (mainly to the women of the board) is the degree to which a female avi's experience in SL mirrors that of a woman's experience in RL. Does playing as a woman in SL let me know how women really feel in everyday life? And if so, to what degree? 

No.

Here, you can have massive jugs and you'll never know what is a backpain. Here you enter a club and every male screams "boobies" and everyone laughs. On SL, winter outfits are red miniskirts. Etc, etc...

SL experience gives you zero insight on how women feel in RL, only insight on how men feel about women in their fantasies.

• Like 2

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 2312 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.