Description: CSR Move Linden Dollars

fuegoxoscuro

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 1802 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

Question

hi there i have a marketplace store where i resell gachas 

and today i was looking  at my transactions and i see i sold one thing and   the lindens where added to my account but then a few minutes later i get it deducted from the account 

and i get this message

Destination: Recovery Linden 
Linden Adjustment 

what does that mean ??? did i lose my item ? where did the money go ??

6 answers to this question

13 minutes ago, fuegoxoscuro said:

hi there i have a marketplace store where i resell gachas 

and today i was looking  at my transactions and i see i sold one thing and   the lindens where added to my account but then a few minutes later i get it deducted from the account 

and i get this message

Destination: Recovery Linden 
Linden Adjustment 

what does that mean ??? did i lose my item ? where did the money go ??

We are just residents here like you, so we would only be guessing why LL removed your linden dollars.  You should really contact support

https://support.secondlife.com/?lang=en-US

• Like 3

Cindy is right. All we can do is guess.  In the past, however, that message has usually meant that Linden Lab had been tracing stolen L$ and found that some had been spent on buying a product from your shop. Unfortunately, many SL residents are victims of phishing scams or spoofs. When that sort of crime happens in RL, the legal system does the same thing.  Where possible, the stolen funds are returned to the person who lost them in the first place. 

• Thanks 1

16 minutes ago, Rolig Loon said:

the stolen funds are returned to the person who lost them in the first place.

I have always found this very unfair.  The person who lost them in the first place has often (not always) been careless in clicking a dodgy link or accepting something that took their L$  whereas the poor merchant gets caught up in it through no fault of their own 

Perhaps, but on both sides it's very easy to fall into a trap of blaming the victim. The best possible result would be that the thief repays both, but that's not generally practical either. The fact remains that you would not have had the money to buy the product if someone hadn't stolen it and passed it along to you unwittingly. There are limits to a chain of causality, but the principle does make some sense.  In any case, that's the way LL and the courts in RL view it.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Hi, I got the same email today, and tracked all the transaction for 94l$, And I guess it's a customer who has asked for a refund, but she has sent the product, not to herself, but to two of her friends.

message I got

This email is to notify you that we have taken some action on your Second Life account.

Action taken: Linden Dollar assessment

We regret to inform you that the L$ recently sent to you may have been obtained through an unauthorized source. Due to the manner in which the L$ were originally obtained, we have removed them from your account.

We have removed the 47L$ and 47L$= 94L$ total that was sent on 5-11-19

If you have any information regarding this transaction, we ask that you contact Second Life Support either by opening a Support Case at https://support.secondlife.com/create-case/ .

Regards,

Linden Lab

fuego, you had the bad luck to be paid with "funny money".  I'm afraid your item is gone, unless you can persuade the purchaser to return it.

And don't get too mad at the purchaser...they may have been scammed too.  Perhaps a third party bought $L with a stolen credit card, and then gave some to the person who then purchased your item.  They will have had any illegal $L removed from their account, too.

• Like 1

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 1802 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.