Problem accessing home

Pete Ovis

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 2483 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

Hi all

Logged in today and got the "Your home location is not available" message  I thought it may have been a restart

but its been a few hours now and still am unable to tp home,  the landlord isn't answering messages :( 

so am wondering if anyone here might have an idea what could be wrong, the sim is still visible on the map

Any help would be appreciated

1 hour ago, Pete Ovis said:

Hi all

Logged in today and got the "Your home location is not available" message  I thought it may have been a restart

but its been a few hours now and still am unable to tp home,  the landlord isn't answering messages :( 

so am wondering if anyone here might have an idea what could be wrong, the sim is still visible on the map

Any help would be appreciated

when the sim is there the only one that can answer your question is the owner/landlord.

You could try with a alt and see what happens.

1 hour ago, Alwin Alcott said:

when the sim is there the only one that can answer your question is the owner/landlord.

You could try with a alt and see what happens.

Thanks for your reply,  I just went inworld to take a look and the sim isn't there even though it's showing up on the map

I'm guessing the landlord hasn't paid the tier for the sim and they're restricting access to it ,  still can't get in touch with

the landlord :(

Actually I had this or similar problem during the week.  Overnight the sim had dropped offline randomly.  I contacted the landlord and she couldn't tp there but said she was contacting LL.  I filed a support ticket with LL too  and as soon as support was open (5 am slt on a weekday)  I got an email to say they had sorted it.

As Alwin said, your first contact point is report it to your landlord.  My sim was showing on the map too as if it was all there but it wasn't.  Do you get a message when trying to tp.  The message I got was Teleport failed.  Failed to grant teleport capabilities

3 minutes ago, Cindy Evanier said:

Actually I had this or similar problem during the week.  Overnight the sim had dropped offline randomly.  I contacted the landlord and she couldn't tp there but said she was contacting LL.  I filed a support ticket with LL too  and as soon as support was open (5 am slt on a weekday)  I got an email to say they had sorted it.

As Alwin said, your first contact point is report it to your landlord.  My sim was showing on the map too as if it was all there but it wasn't.  Do you get a message when trying to tp.  The message I got was Teleport failed.  Failed to grant teleport capabilities

Hi there

Thank you,  that could be it.  The message I get is  "Teleport Failed. Sorry but the system was unable to complete your teleport

request in a timely fashion. Please try again in a few minutes"  

As Cindy mentioned, it could simply be that the sim dropped offline for some reason (rather than the landlord being behind on tier or anything).

At this point, all you can do is open a support ticket with LL -- since the sim does not appear to be online - and send a Notecard and IM to your landlord (notecard w/ IM because IMs get capped so the landlord might not get the IM).

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 2483 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.