Playing animations while walking

samfox3537

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 2321 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

Hi!

How can I make an animation play while my avatar is walking (or running)?

I have made an animation where my avatar is holding something in her arms, like hugging a pet. I have used the free QAvimator 0.0.1 for windows to make the animations for the arms and it looks ok while standing. 

Now I want her to walk or run but I also want her to keep playing the hugging animation.

I have uploaded the animation both as prio 2 and prio 4, but as soon I start walking, the hugging animation stops playing.  The only difference I notice is that when I stop walking, the prio 4 version kicks back in. The prio 2 doesn't.

So my question is, how can I make my avatar keep hugging the pet while walking?

Is it something in the animation itself I should fiddle with, or is it my AO that is messing it up for me?

Thanks/Sam

What is likely happening is the walk in your AO is overriding your arm animation. Likely, the walk is a priority 4. So, there are 2 solutions. The first is to make the priority higher. You can't go higher than 4 with BVH files, if I remember correctly. If you can go priority 5 with bvh then that would fix your issue. In Blender, Anim files can be exported with as high as priority 6. The 2nd solution is to have a script repeating triggering your priority 4 arm animation. This is not full proof tho, as other animations could be higher.

As Medhue says, the other common solution is to trigger your hugging anim with a separate script.  If it's a static anim, as opposed to one that has to loop, your script can simply trigger it every few seconds.  As long as its priority is at least as high as your walk anim, it should persist.  Eating/drinking anims typically do that sort of thing.

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 2321 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.