What is your favorite OLDIE hair?

Chic Aeon

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 2312 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

I was digging around for an appropriate hair for a blog post and find a long time go-to style that still amazingly looks great. That got me thinking and I checked to find that it was acquired in August of 2010. I have my original work it all the time (not a lot of choices then) Calla hair from January 2008 but I keep it for sentimental reasons, not to actually WEAR. So I thought I would ask others if they still had old hair that they still wear.  This is GARAGE Hair 004  :D 

I really love this look. I am feeling a new possible new forum profile photo coming into being LOL. 

garage.jpg.989b912b8b32c560193d29e4e43ffc04.jpg

• Like 4

35 minutes ago, Madelaine McMasters said:

I'd have to get in-world to put it on. Until then here's a picture of my first SL hair, purchased April 8, 2008 with L$250 given to me by a stranger...

5a2b3a0ba6650_BigHair.thumb.jpg.5c709de9377f73cfa1a17caff2791717.jpg

I'll never get rid of it, for obvious reasons.

I REMEMBER THAT BUILD!!!!!

:D

I hate most mesh hair, especially the longer cuts.  All my long hair is old flexi.  Even the short hair I wear all the time is EMO Ariadne from before the flood.  Check out my old pre-mesh had shot in the profile pic with this from last month....

VlD8tbrx1FBG2wtFnLiaozz0tXfznPDw.jpg

Edited by anna2358
  • Like 7

Like Anna, I hate most of the mesh longer hair because it doesn't move, excluding some new 'bento' stuff  that is adding a bit of movement back in.  Thus I still wear some of the older flexi stuff despite the clipping I sometimes get.  Anyway, my favorite 2 oldies are:

"[ND] - Impulse" for casual wear.  This was one of the first hairs I ever got and I wore it more than any other in my first couple of years. I'm not totally sure who made it - the only thing I can find these days with that abbreviation is Nahlani Designs, but I see no indication that she ever did hair. 

"Calla - Gardenia w/ Pearls" for formal wear.  This one is more sentimental than anything.  I got it for my first formal party - the Forum Cartel 2007/2008 New Year's Eve party.  I also wore it for my ill fated SL wedding (while I loved the wedding, that was a relationship that never should have been).

5a2c1aa6f2176_ND-Impulse.thumb.jpg.d6dd68f383e7610a6560b7752558bb9c.jpg   5a2c1aaa990d7_Calla-GardeniawithPearls.thumb.jpg.cfcc04084150b27ceeb563f8c0f0604a.jpg

• Like 7

One of the first hairs I bought was this A&A Loreen hair, and it's one I can't get rid of, though I don't wear it much anymore because of alpha conflicts (and there are a lot of strands to try and change the alpha blending to alpha masking).  However, I think it does go well with this outfit.

Snapshot_001.png.25593511aee21f2b9dbcd6ea80eec2fc.pngSnapshot_002.thumb.png.5dbbd0c0b505a3201c74831ed56bda90.png

ETA: I was able to fix the alpha issue without having to edit selected parts, so maybe I will wear it occasionally when I want to be a younger me :)  (I still have a couple of flexi skirts I still wear, just because I like the style and the movement). 

Edited by moirakathleen
added some additional info
  • Like 7

Well since I have only been in SL two and a half years, I think I missed out on the real oldie stuff, but I came across this hair recently and was pleasantly surprised by it. About a month after joining I came across a gift avatar in MP and tried it out, it ended up being the avatar I used everyday until I went mesh last December. This is the hair that came with it, which i didn't use much at first since I favored short styles back then. I still think it's a little to trailer park for every day but sometimes that is just the look I want.

12.10pm_002.png

• Like 5

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 2312 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.