EmmarieLee

Looking for sort of a teacher- bdsm related Q's.

Hello everyone, thank you for taking the time to read! So I've been in SL for about a month and a half and there are tons of things I've learned, but still so many things I don't know or am unclear on. I decided to try forums to get some of my questions answered, meet new people, and discover new places to go and things to see. 

It seems like the BDSM community here is quite large. I've never experimented in that lifestyle IRL and only very briefly in SL and honestly I didn't really learn enough to satisfy my curiosity about it. I know I could likely find this info doing simple searches on the internet or by asking people in SL, but I want to hear from people who actually prefer this lifestyle and who live it either here or RL. I don't even know the types of questions to ask. I just know I'd like to learn as much as possible. 

I will admit that I am quite shy, not so forward, but I am friendly. So I do ask that whomever chooses to message me that they are patient and understanding. I am young but of legal age, so if age bothers you just ask me my age in SL and I'll tell you. 

I don't mind hearing from dom's, mistresses, and/or submissive's. This is all a learning experience for me, so feel free to drop all of your knowledge on me ^_^

Also, please contact me in world at Emmarielee. I don't often check forums after I make a post (bad habit I know) thank you for reading!

xo Emma

3 minutes ago, EmmarieLee said:

I don't often check forums after I make a post

That's a pity.  This could easily become a useful thread for others.  I expect it will be moved to the Adult section soon but it will still be useful.

So here are some questions you should be asking:
Is this roleplay? 
What if the doms do something I don't like?
Do I have to change my avatar?
Do I buy my own collar?
What do I have to buy?
Where do I go to find a good Dom?
Can I have more than one Dom?
Do I have to use a cam or voice?

If you are new ... hmmm, i don't want to throw you to the wolves ... in all honestly there are more many more caring Doms than wolves but one bad apple, as they say. What did P3 change their name to?   Chapter 2?   They are active and have a lot of good people there.  I used to hang out at Velvet Thorn and liked the women there.  It is femdom tho so you wont find a Master. 

By the way, I don't like the W/we or Dom/me conventions.  I understand why they are used but it's my personal preference not to.  As such I use Dom interchangeably and simply short for dominant; no gender implied. 

Gor is it's own sub-culter with a large following in SL.  It is based on rules given in the book series of that name.  I don't know where to go for a contact, tho.  It is very strict with universal rules and male dominant only.  If that appeals to you it is an option.

Anything else, like what turns you on? What do you fantasize about when ... alone.  Do you want to be shared, one-on-one, part of a harem with chain sisters (or brothers) ... all that should be discussed with prospective doms as you get to know each other.  Be honest and don't try to guess what they want to hear.  In the end, BDSM is what the people invoked together make of it. 

• Like 1

Thank you for the responses. Sorry if I posted in the wrong area, I had no idea where to post it haha. I still had the forums pulled up, so I did get the notification. If this thread would help others then I probably should check back here more often. 

To be honest, I'm not sure that I'm looking for someone, but I do know that the lifestyle interests me. With that being said, I'm not sold on if its for me or not. I'm kind of a knowledge addict, so learning about other peoples personal experiences and what things mean to them as an individual interests me. I imagine it could help me determine if I'd be interested in doing this myself. 

I know not everyone has the same experience. It seems from the response that it's really just dependent on what you like and don't like so its pretty much different for everyone. Thank you for pointing me to some places. I'm pretty cautious when it comes to trying things outside of my comfort zone and I spend time lurking/stalking (haha) before I decide if I want to give something a shot. 

I spend pretty much all of my time alone. In my 4 months here friends have came and gone and now they're all gone. ^_^ I guess since that I've turned into a bit of a shopping addict and loner lol! That sounds awful.

31 minutes ago, EmmarieLee said:

To be honest, I'm not sure that I'm looking for someone, but I do know that the lifestyle interests me. With that being said, I'm not sold on if its for me or not. I'm kind of a knowledge addict, so learning about other peoples personal experiences and what things mean to them as an individual interests me. I imagine it could help me determine if I'd be interested in doing this myself. 

OH!  Now I understand.

I thought you were wanting someone to start you off.  Sorry about that.

/me rummages through the Adult forums for a link.

Here we go.  This was a good discussion if I remember correctly.

Edited by Rhonda Huntress

Hi Emma,

Please feel free to contact me inworld as well. I've been active in the BDSM communities in both RL and SL for about ten years, and have been active in a number of places around SL. I've been active with starting and with experienced members of the community, and I have always found it important to explain the things I do to people that are seriously interested.

It's easy to scare someone away within BDSM, while they might quite enjoy a niche portion of it. So it's important to talk and find out what new members like or are curious about. So feel free to contact me and pick my brain. I promise I won't bite (really, I won't).

Louise Valois (lavalois)

If you want someone to chat with and ask your questions to, feel free to shoot me an im and ask away. Or if you need another shopping buddy!

I myself am active in the lifestyle (in both sl and rl), as well as I used to lead discussions concerning a variety of things within the BDSM lifestyle. I also have several friends active in the lifestyle, within sl only and some that are rl and sl active.