Order failed, But still got billed

megan04330

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 2325 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

Question

Today I logged into my account on a public computer at a library to buy more Linden. I purchase the Linden and got an email saying the purchase had failed. I didn't understand why because I had the money. But I decided that I would figure out what happened when I got home. As I was walking home I got an email from my credit card saying that a new charge had gone to Linden Labs. So when I got home I logged on to Second Life and my balance haven't gone up. 

So in summary: Purchase Linden's, did not receive Lindens, but still got charged for Lindens 

What do I do?

6 answers to this question

50 minutes ago, megan04330 said:

What do I do?

i don't see it when in buy L$ but when it takes longer, contact support, or wait a a bit to see if the money is really taken, or just reserved and not taken by LL.

Also, be sure to look at the balance at your accountpage, the viewer might not update correctly sometimes.

Edited by Alwin Alcott

Check your LindeX Order History to see if you submitted a "Best Rate Buy (Limit Buy)" order rather than an "Instant Buy (Market Buy)".  The Limit Buy will take a while to fill based on the requested rate.  If that is what you did and you wanted the Market Buy, simply cancel the pending order and redo it.

If that is not the case and you still don't have your L$, then contact Billing:

https://support.secondlife.com/billing-support/

Local Toll-Free numbers (for Billing issues)

US/Canada: 800-294-1067 FREE

France: 0805-101-490

Germany: 800-724-4552 FREE

Japan: 800-100-3060 FREE

Brazil: 800-878-3076 FREE

Spain: 90-083-9074

UK: 800-086-9081 FREE

Long distance ( not free, but you can use Skype to save some cost ) : 703-286-6277

**Note: Support is offered only in English

• Like 2

On the Dashboard, under Account click on Account Summary. It will show your Linden dollar balance and US dollar balance. The money taken from your credit card should show as a US dollar balance. Try buying Lindens again using that amount (actually, the amount less the $0.99 fee). The money will be taken from your balance.

If the money doesn't show in the US dollar balance, you'll have to check with Linden Lab to see what happened.

Edited by Parhelion Palou
accounted for the LindeX fee
  • Like 1

I have had the same issue regarding payment of Lindens but not having them delivered. Support tickets will likely take a long time to process, I'm still waiting 2 days later.

If you are in the UK the correct Billing Support number is 0800 086 9081. Make sure the zero is in front of the 800, I found this out only today. Support is available from 6am until 3pm Monday to Friday. If this is SLT time, as I suspect it is, try calling between 2pm and 11pm UK time.

I wish anyone who has this problem the best of luck! Wish me luck too as I am still waiting!

46 minutes ago, JennaGreentree said:

If you are in the UK the correct Billing Support number is 0800 086 9081. Make sure the zero is in front of the 800, I found this out only today. Support is available from 6am until 3pm Monday to Friday. If this is SLT time, as I suspect it is, try calling between 2pm and 11pm UK time.

Thanks for the info - I've updated my notes

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 2325 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.