Translator not working now: TranslateApiException: IP is over the quota

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 2330 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

My wife has been using the translator for the last year, and we have had no issues.  However, as of yesterday it has stopped working properly.

Now it doesn't translate in main chat anymore and we get this error:

TranslateApiException: IP is over the quota : ID=1116.V2_Json.Translate.5AE1CDB

Does anyone else have this issue?  And any ideas on how to resolve it?

Thank you,

-Dustin

I see that the standard viewer has translate options for either Bing or Google. For the Bing one you have to create an app & supply the app ID. The message you received indicates you've hit the limits on the license for the translator service,  or it's being used too fast. Since you said it isn't working at all then I'd assume the former. One way to resolve it, per Microsoft forums, is:  "...please send a m,ail with your client ID (or appid, if you are using that) to mtlic@microsoft.com. We may need to adjust the settings for your app."

If you're using a translator that was created by someone else, contact the person who created it.

• Like 1

Thank you, Parhelion.

She was using the one in Firestorm.  And then we purchased one last night to see if that would help.

I wonder if there is a way to clear it, since it seems to have reached some kind of limit (quota).  Odd that we've been using it for a year with no issue, and then all of a sudden it just seems to have stopped.

The way translators in SL works, is really simple, they don't work in SL...

Your translator Hud or the Translator feature in a viewer works by sending all the text you say or hear to either bing translate or google translate via an "API" that's techy speak for Application Program Interface, coded commands telling another system what your application wants.

At one time google was the common translator for SL, because it's API was open to all, and basically unlimited use.

Google stopped that, because they want you to VISIT google, and see the pretty adverts while you translate, or plan B join a scheme where they can possibly charge you money not to see the adverts.

That change broke most of the old translators, some years ago, newer ones were made to use the new api and to use bing instead of google...

A recent failur in a translator could be "too many translats this month buy more access" for your hud maker, or "darn we changed the api again", either way, Firestorm cant fix this for you, except by buying their own api usage limit, but that might mean them having to charge a "use the firestorm viewer" subscription fee to pay for the access, depending on what google/bing are upto...

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Klytyna said:

A recent failur in a translator could be "too many translats this month buy more access" for your hud maker, or "darn we changed the api again", either way, Firestorm cant fix this for you, except by buying their own api usage limit, but that might mean them having to charge a "use the firestorm viewer" subscription fee to pay for the access, depending on what google/bing are upto...

Someone could at least raise a ticket or query with the Firestorm group, that's why I tagged Whirly. Last I recalled, she was a FS pro.

4 hours ago, DustinSage230 said:

TranslateApiException: IP is over the quota : ID=1116.V2_Json.Translate.5AE1CDB

This looks like the over quota message from the Bing translate.
There's nothing Firestorm can do about this - if your girlfriend has gone over the quota of characters Bing allows to be translated for free then the translator will stop working.
She may have hit the hourly, the daily or the monthly character quota.

Edited by Whirly Fizzle
  • Thanks 1

9 hours ago, DustinSage230 said:

Whirly Fizzle,

Thank you so much for tracking down that answer.

I guess the only option we have right now is to pay the google/bing price and then hope some brilliant SL member develops a good translator App :)

Thank you for everyone that offered their help!!

-Dustin

I's advise against this if you are trying to use the Google or Bing translation feature in the SL viewers.
I don't have valid key for either to test but I'm fairly sure both are probably broken now & your money will be wasted.

Google added a captcha to their translation service a while ago & I'm pretty sure that broke the Google translator in the viewers.  It certainly broke all the HUD based translators using the Google translation service.

If that notice sent out in the Q Translator group was correct then it looks like the Bing translator in the viewer is probably hosed now also, though it may work for a short while on some regions if that sim IP isn't yet blacklisted.

Give that HUD a try I gave the link to above.  It was working when I tested it yesterday but I only tested it on one region.  I didn't script it so I don't know which translation service it's using, but I suspect it's Bing & so it may only work on some regions.

Edited by Whirly Fizzle
  • Thanks 1

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 2330 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.