Looking for friends, anything

ShawnieChan

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 2325 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

Hi!

I've had this account for awhile, i check from time to time, but i'm still a newb.

Looking for people to meet, it's hard for me to meet people, either i'm too shy or i don't know what to sometimes.

As for myself, i'm icarus, i like animes and that sorta of japanese stuff, i'm family friendly. :3

Drop a message!

7 hours ago, ShawnieChan said:

I've had this account for awhile, i check from time to time,

Drop a message!

just checking your account from time to time won't bring you any friends, you really need to go inwold and jump around to meet others. It's no webbased social platform as FB where you brows profiles... you really need to talk/chat here, but after 4 years in SL i think that won't be something you don't know yet.

You perhaps also can update your profile a bit, it's not empty, but also not gving lot of handles for others to start a chat. Perhaps don't hide all your groups, add some picks of places you like ...and so on... ( of course don't have to show all your dark secrets :) )

Perhaps use the search for events, parties and groups for the things you like and are interesting..

Go out... don't wait here  :)

14 hours ago, ShawnieChan said:

Hi!

I've had this account for awhile, i check from time to time, but i'm still a newb.

Looking for people to meet, it's hard for me to meet people, either i'm too shy or i don't know what to sometimes.

As for myself, i'm icarus, i like animes and that sorta of japanese stuff, i'm family friendly. :3

Drop a message!

Best way to make friends here, just send nice friendly IMs to random people, get over the whole shy thing, keep two things in mind, 1 That person is in SL if they don't like it they shouldn't be here, and 2 You are acting as an avatar speaking to another avatar, they can't bite you even if they want to.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Talligurl said:

Best way to make friends here, just send nice friendly IMs to random people, get over the whole shy thing, keep two things in mind, 1 That person is in SL if they don't like it they shouldn't be here, and 2 You are acting as an avatar speaking to another avatar, they can't bite you even if they want to.

I remember i tried IMs someone, they just went like ''Sorry i only add people i know'' :<

19 minutes ago, ShawnieChan said:

I remember i tried IMs someone, they just went like ''Sorry i only add people i know'' :<

I get that, it is their loss cause I am awesome, take that attitude and move on, because there are a lot of lonely people out there who are going to be very happy you reached out.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, ShawnieChan said:

don't IM them and directly ask for friendships thats considered rude by lot of people ... talk.. and if things connect ask for friendship just before you leave or end the talk.

• Like 2

19 hours ago, ShawnieChan said:

Hello icarus you did a great job introducing yourself here in the forum.  When you log on search for places that has animes and Japanese related sims.  One of my best friends from SL is from Japan and has done anime in the past but is now human.  I am confident that if you go to places that has people with similar interests than you and you introduce yourself in Chat that you will get some IM's returned to you.  Let us know in a few weeks how it goes?

Drop a message!

20 minutes ago, Alwin Alcott said:

don't IM them and directly ask for friendships thats considered rude by lot of people ... talk.. and if things connect ask for friendship just before you leave or end the talk.

I prefer talligurl's way, sorry.

i don't want make a super ritual to befriend someone, if someone is gonna play hard, well they lost me, i'm not into super formal people like that.

I understand what you mean, Shawnie  However, just walking around (and even staying at home!) I get random tells. "hi" or "hey" and if anything more is said it is usually asking for something weird.  And random friend requests from people I never heard of.  When I get a real friend request I want to be sure it is not another guy asking me pee in his cereal again.

14 minutes ago, ShawnieChan said:

I prefer talligurl's way, sorry.

i don't want make a super ritual to befriend someone, if someone is gonna play hard, well they lost me, i'm not into super formal people like that.

I am nearly 100% sure what you say is not Talli's way... no talk but think you'r friends?..

if a talk to get to know somebody is a super ritual i'm affraid you won't find a lot of friends. What are friends you don't know anything about? What are friends that don't even know what you like, what you do?...Nothing.

In that case you'r only a people collector that sees names come on and go offline on your contactlist... . none of them is ever comming back to you for a talk.

You'll be muted by most of the people when you just say a hi and nothing than a pop up for friendship...

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 2325 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.