deleted account

otisdemillo

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 2318 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

Question

18 answers to this question

Hello!

You will need to contact support and have $9.95 ready as there is a reactivation fee.

You can find more detailed information at 

The article explains in official words what needs to be done, as well as warnings.

I recommend reactivating your account as soon as possible as the asset server may purge specific items which it sees as unused, including Linden Dollar balance.

• Like 1

Fortunately, your account has not been deleted yet. If it had been, you couldn't log in here to ask.  So, if it is a Basic account, follow Chaser's advice right now. There probably won't be a $9.95 fee, but if there is, it's a small price to pay to keep your account alive.

If you have a Premium account, it's even simpler. Your account is prepaid, so if you told LL that you wished to cancel, the account would still remain active until the end of the period that you have already paid for. In the meantime, your cancellation is "pending". All you need to do is contact Live Chat and tell them that you changed your mind.

5 hours ago, Chaser Zaks said:

I recommend reactivating your account as soon as possible as the asset server may purge specific items which it sees as unused, including Linden Dollar balance.

What do you base this info on?  Is it only for accounts that have actually been flagged as 'deleted'?  I've gone months without ever logging in to some of my accounts and I've never lost any items, best I can tell, nor have I ever lost any L$.

Edited by LittleMe Jewell

9 hours ago, LittleMe Jewell said:

What do you base this info on?  Is it only for accounts that have actually been flagged as 'deleted'?  I've gone months without ever logging in to some of my accounts and I've never lost any items, best I can tell, nor have I ever lost any L$.

If you read the KB article, it states

Warning: Even if your account is restored, the associated inventory, land, and Linden dollar balance may be unrecoverable.

This is because Linden Lab sees no reason to keep unused data, a deleted account is seen as unused data and it's related assets may be purged eventually.

If an account is only inactive(unused, but not deleted/cancelled), it will never be purged, unless there is a database error, in which case they can recover it from historical database backups.

1 hour ago, Chaser Zaks said:

If you read the KB article, it states

This is because Linden Lab sees no reason to keep unused data, a deleted account is seen as unused data and it's related assets may be purged eventually.

If an account is only inactive(unused, but not deleted/cancelled), it will never be purged, unless there is a database error, in which case they can recover it from historical database backups.

Ah, yeah, I could totally see that with an account that was requested to be cancelled.   I had never read that article in detail -- never thought to cancel my account -- so I hadn't heard that before.

I accidentally deleted the account, I did not ponel then this deleted account andrusha27

you can not accidently delete the account, it asks for confirmation.

You'll have to contact support if you really did.

20 minutes ago, andrusha27 said:

What can I do to get my nickname back?

have a search on "displayname" in all forums or knowledge base

Also be clear what you did please... did you delete the account or just the displayname.... now it's a bit confusing.

Edited by Alwin Alcott

3 minutes ago, andrusha27 said:

how can my account be returned back please

14 minutes ago, Alwin Alcott said:

You'll have to contact support if you really did delete the account

if it's only the displayname

15 minutes ago, Alwin Alcott said:

have a search on "displayname" in all forums or knowledge base, follow the manual

59 minutes ago, andrusha27 said:

What can I do to get my nickname back?

Your profile is still active, but shows you changed your displayed name to ღღღЕё-НЕЗАБЫВАЕМыЙღღღ. The same day you reverted back to using your user name andrusha27.

Wait a week and you can change your display name to what ever you wish it to be. WORD OF CAUTION: Using fancy fonts like what you used before is not guaranteed to show properly on some systems and avis will just call you by the user name. Use the default font. Not only is it easier to read and announce, but frankly, I have no idea what the name says or means, with the hearts and all. BTW, I'm not the only one here who frowns on such fontage.

ETA: After looking once more, it does show your account gone. File a ticket and explain politely, that you have changed your mind and want the account reactivated. Have $9.95 ready in case they ask for a reinstatement fee.

andrusha.png

Edited by Jerilynn Lemon

10 hours ago, andrusha27 said:

Allow me to reiterate once more.

THE ACCOUNT IS NOT THERE. Either you did delete the account (by accident, your words) or LL deleted it due to a ban or other punitive action.

File a ticket with LL and request the account be reactivated. Have $9.95 handy should they wish to charge you for the reactivation. When that happens, you can have your display name back, preferably written in default font.

We're just users of SL here, much like you. We have no powers to reinstate accounts. That job belongs to the suits. File a ticket.

andrusha.png

• Like 2

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 2318 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.