Tips for attracting retail business?

Rockridge Constantine

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 2321 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

I have a small shopping district in my region.  There are also a few spots near the club.  How do you attract/invite businesses to consider renting a space?  What perks can I offer?  I recently decided to add a  few of my parcels separately so I can offer parcel control with the ability to add logo and keywords in the parcel description. I can also offer to list in search.    Do you have any tips or ideas?  Thank you.

• Like 1

A few of the things you mentioned are good starting-points. 

Separating parcels, allowing tenants parcel control and customization et-cetera, can all make a rental spot more attractive. Using such methods can allow "Mainstores" to be setup, as opposed to just storefronts. 

Not an easy perk, but if you can pull a larger merchant with a following, other nearby storefronts are sure to rent-out quicker. Known brands drive a bit of traffic no matter what, especially if they offer their customers perks like inworld-exclusives or participate in hunts/events. All you need is one dedicated store to start trickling in some foot traffic. 

Also consider specialization. With shopping being SO EASY on marketplace, it's becoming more difficult to create a "Mall" style setup. Keeping a shopping center tied to a theme, such as Menswear, Retro, or Furniture, can both encourage similar shops to join in, as well as encourage window shopping from other customers who might have dropped by for something similar. 

Try to provide both your Tenants and Customer Traffic with a place they would actually WANT to visit and shop. No quick tricks are guaranteed to work, nor traffic-boosting games nor sure-fire advertising spots. Tenants want to see a shopping center with nice looking shops they can be a part of. Customers want a place to be able to purchase their goods as well as a quality location in general (attractive, low lag).

• Like 1

One of the things you can do is sign up with hunts. These draw new people through a region.

There are some SL businesses that run hunt listings. Visit any large merchant and look at their events listing. You'll likely find some hunts.

Running a store is enough of a pain. If someone handles the marketing, signs up the hunts, it is an attraction, 

• Like 1

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 2321 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.