how to delete old posts (Older than 24hr)

Ooshie Pancake

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 2279 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

hi so i have missed i guess a major part of the new forum updates etc etc etc ....Right so..how do i delete posts from before and after the update that are older than 24hrs that dont have any edit buttons or toggles that i cant see from the older version in the corner ? its irritating im sure its simple as but for a kinda newbie to the new set up its rather difficult 

• 1 month later...

I just replied to post from 2011.  DOH!

I'd like old posts, where the original question is over 1 year old, to be a different color.  'Cos I'm a bit dim in the mornings....

And if you are fixing the website Mrs Linden, please can we have a Cancel button on the editing window. (for when I realize I'm replying to a 2011 posting.....)

Embarrassed.

On 04/12/2017 at 5:33 PM, xAmeIiax said:

hi so i have missed i guess a major part of the new forum updates etc etc etc ....Right so..how do i delete posts from before and after the update that are older than 24hrs that dont have any edit buttons or toggles that i cant see from the older version in the corner ? its irritating im sure its simple as but for a kinda newbie to the new set up its rather difficult 

Why do you want to delete old posts?

3 hours ago, anna2358 said:

please can we have a Cancel button on the editing window. (for when I realize I'm replying to a 2011 posting.....)

As Phil says, just leave the thread and the post won't happen.  If you want, you can also do a screen refresh, then click in the Reply box again (which will bring back anything you had already typed and not posted).  You can then click the "clear editor" link at the bottom on the reply box to fully clear out your comments.

Although there are some legitimate uses for post deletion, I don't think users should be given this ability as they will delete their questions after they get an answer.

This is bad as many would benefit from the question asked. There is no shame in asking a question, all teachers learned at one point.

By allowing users to delete posts, there will be a need for more duplicate questions to be answered.

• Like 1

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 2279 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.