Free Alatmura Head - Omega?

Chic Aeon

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 2258 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

The Jenny body+head combo is quite nice, and I look forward to seeing the production version, but what is even better is the astounding idea of having a head and body in one unit ohmy.png , just as in real life! Why is this not the norm in SL too?

Maybe it is mainly that mesh bodies were already well established by the time mesh heads took off, and head-makers realised that people had made big financial and emotional investments in their bodies, which they were not going to just dump. As well as the fact that the head-makers and body-makers have been (with minor exceptions) different people with different skills. But for a newcomer surely it makes much more sense to avoid the clutter of huds and skin relays and conflicting default shapes, and get one mesh body unit that does everything.

Another argument might be that people have strong preferences about their bodies, but I am not sure about that. There is not much difference between the mainstream "slim" bodies and between the mainstream "curvy" bodies, and I'm sure most of us could live with a choice between a standard slim and a standard curvy, as long as it responds well to shape settings. That would make the head and the HUDs nearly the only factors for most people in deciding between quality body packages, as those are the only things that people really do have strong preferences about.

So, has the time come for all-in-one mesh body packages? If Altamura get this right, and make the body as compatible as possible with existing models, it could start a big trend.

• Like 1

56 minutes ago, angeoco said:

The Jenny body+head combo is quite nice, and I look forward to seeing the production version, but what is even better is the astounding idea of having a head and body in one unit ohmy.png , just as in real life! Why is this not the norm in SL too?

Maybe it is mainly that mesh bodies were already well established by the time mesh heads took off, and head-makers realised that people had made big financial and emotional investments in their bodies, which they were not going to just dump. As well as the fact that the head-makers and body-makers have been (with minor exceptions) different people with different skills. But for a newcomer surely it makes much more sense to avoid the clutter of huds and skin relays and conflicting default shapes, and get one mesh body unit that does everything.

Another argument might be that people have strong preferences about their bodies, but I am not sure about that. There is not much difference between the mainstream "slim" bodies and between the mainstream "curvy" bodies, and I'm sure most of us could live with a choice between a standard slim and a standard curvy, as long as it responds well to shape settings. That would make the head and the HUDs nearly the only factors for most people in deciding between quality body packages, as those are the only things that people really do have strong preferences about.

So, has the time come for all-in-one mesh body packages? If Altamura get this right, and make the body as compatible as possible with existing models, it could start a big trend.

That was the problem with my testing -- that most all clothing did NOT fit the body even with the numerous slots. That isn't a BAD thing, it is simply that it will take awhile (and luck) to get clothes makers on the bandwagon  -- an ongoing and traditional problem with any new body release.  I thought the body itself (aside from the pesky hand AO issue) very nice and I do like the all in one hud. I have that on my exmachina male body (also still in beta mode) and it does make life easier. 

NOW though, it seems like it will be difficult to gather momentum for the idea. The biggest stumbling block if memory serves and I am awake enough is that we had the ability to change the BODIES to a fair extent before we had the ability to change the heads (with sliders).  

18 hours ago, Chic Aeon said:

I seem to have permanent freckles on her which I am not sure how to get rid of. 

gizelle.PNG.ac28c8b179d9aa4e3b6d5ec1db1ab7aa.PNG

I also had this problem. If someone could explain how to turn them off that would be great. Thanks!

UPDATE: Well, Lexxi was right.... you can turn off the freckles on the skin by clicking the blush button on the main head HUD, then clicking the OFF button. Thanks!

Edited by Vanity Fair

The collar on my alt with the white pants and hoodie is from Pink Fuel and was a Hairology gift last month so likely not available any longer (REALLY GREAT). The one in my new profile picture is from MEVA from awhile ago.  Not logged in now (in Blender) but wearing it still so I can look that up if THAT is the collar you are wondering about :D. 

38 minutes ago, Chic Aeon said:

The collar on my alt with the white pants and hoodie is from Pink Fuel and was a Hairology gift last month so likely not available any longer (REALLY GREAT). The one in my new profile picture is from MEVA from awhile ago.  Not logged in now (in Blender) but wearing it still so I can look that up if THAT is the collar you are wondering about :D. 

No, I was asking about the one in the white pants and hoodie picture. Thanks for the quick response! There are two free collars available at the freebie store at Ajuda SL Brasil and I have been using those to resolve any seam problems at the neck. 

In an effort to find more cute things to hide the neck seem that didn't totally look like a collar, I recently did an MP search for "choker" and managed to find quite a few cute items, many of them relatively cheap.

@Chic Aeon - Thanks for the heads up on the WOH necklace.  I'll make a point not definitely getting to that location.

I thought for awhile that the Giselle head had less than stellar ears (in that you want to wear hair covering them LOL way) BUT it turns out it was the 7 Deadly S[k]in applier WITH the head. So if you end up with the ear textures not aligning all that well (could be a variety of reason, I know not why, it seems like WoW skins are very good on the ears. Both have advent calenders at the moment but you need to be in the group at Deadly.   Both are giving away more system skins than appliers it seems but there are quite a few days left.  

And I did find the freckles "off" button (of course there is no hint to what you are turning off (I get pretty scared with new huds). 

Friends found more outfit in the new gifty stuff so will post on that in the future. Right now I am just TIRED LOL.

Thanks for all the help. I am glad so many folks are getting "meshed" this holiday season!

Well after about a week or so of "upgrades" I think my "dusty alt" is ready for prime time. Total cost $40 for altamura group for head and $55 for Omega Relay ($5 was joining that other group by mistake).  Pasting in the full list of freebies for those following along. All but the super cute collar are current Advent gifts or hunt prizes. Some of course are past the pick up time, but wanted to show what is out there and that anyone can have a really good looking avatar with some effort and a bit of crystal chasing at the Realms.  WoW skin applier from the Advent Calendar. 

candycand.jpg.2b46874256c5bb6e5e75d21a6c0a3669.jpg

Altamura: 3B- Alpha - head/body
#Firestorm LSL Bridge v2.21
*CNZ* Candy Cane Addon
*CNZ* Gift Box Addon
*PH* knit choker
.::WoW SecretS::. Skinny Jeans MAITREYA DARK BLUE
ABAR - eBOBY CLASSIC v8.5 BODY - FREE
ABAR - eBOBY CLASSIC v8.5 FEET - FREE
ABAR - eBOBY CLASSIC v8.5 HANDS - FREE
ABAR - eBODY HUD v8.4 - FREE
AKEYO_NanoAO_Rookie-Female_HUD fixed
Altamura: 2- "GISELLE" Bento Head
Amacci Shoes - Taryn (Slink High)
CG Facelight 4.1 chin DIM choices
CG Facelight HUD 4.1
ICONIC:HF:KATHERINE:TOTAL STYLER:RIGGED
Mayfly - Luminous - Mesh Eye (Dark Olive, w1) L
Mayfly - Luminous - Mesh Eye (Dark Olive, w1) R
[JUSTICE] ABBIE PULL OVER - PHYSIQUE
Altamura: Gizelle Head smaller head
.::WoW Skins::. GG JULY Katty Tan 2016
Damselfly Bald Head (new)
Iliana - Eyes

Edited by Chic Aeon
  • Like 1

3 hours ago, Chic Aeon said:

wanted to show what is out there and that anyone can have a really good looking avatar

Great work Chic! And you've inspired me to try the eBody with my alt :)

4 hours ago, Chic Aeon said:

.::WoW Skins::. GG JULY Katty Tan 2016

And snap!

I've been using the darktan Katty tone for my alts for weeks :)

2 hours ago, LexxiXhan said:

Great work Chic! And you've inspired me to try the eBody with my alt :)

And snap!

I've been using the darktan Katty tone for my alts for weeks :)

Actually that was the SYSTEM skin underneath the body and head LOL. She is wearing now on her mesh head one from the Advent calendar called ".::WoW Skins::. Nour Golden OMEGA Appliers using NATURAL"   My trash tells me it was Day 12 and if the WoW calendar works like my calendar (same maker looks like) you might be able to get the gift from Day 12 at any time. Haven't tested that theory but folks have clicked on the "wrong day" (not wanting to wait to rez :D) on my calendar and it gives them that day's gift.

:D.

Yep, the WoW calendar lets you collect gifts from previous days :D

My 'Advent picks' notecard has all the LMs organised into 'Current day only' and 'Previous days too' so I can save myself a little schlepping here and there O.o

And I'm really liking the free eBody classic on my alt - the 12 skin tones make it pretty versatile, although omega compatibility would be even better. I'm not sure I want to splash out on another relay yet though - I'm still new to mesh/ appliers, and I want to save up and see what Altamura offer as a deal on the full version of Jenny after xmas...

Oh, just wanted to mention..

Altamura are currently offering up to 80% off bento fullbody models to group members (until the 20th Dec) - that's just L900 + L40 group fee for an omega-compatible full bento body and head! A quick scan of the mp tells me there's a choice of two male and three female models, although I haven't checked inworld for which ones display the group-only price.

Added to that, their latest releases, Aaron and Mia, are also 80% off.

'cos, y'know, some people might not feel the need to wait for the Jenny full-version offer...

1 hour ago, LexxiXhan said:

Oh, just wanted to mention..

Altamura are currently offering up to 80% off bento fullbody models to group members (until the 20th Dec) - that's just L900 + L40 group fee for an omega-compatible full bento body and head! A quick scan of the mp tells me there's a choice of two male and three female models, although I haven't checked inworld for which ones display the group-only price.

Added to that, their latest releases, Aaron and Mia, are also 80% off.

'cos, y'know, some people might not feel the need to wait for the Jenny full-version offer...

That's good to know. I would caution folks to see what CLOTHES they can get to fit the altamura bodies though. While I like the body, I couldn't find many clothes that would work for the FREE version -- for my alt.  And that is the reason I went back to the eBody classic. That will often take Maitreya or Freya fits depending on the garment. It wasn't the alpha slots that were the issue with the altamura body, it was the rigging which seems to be VERY different than the other "popular" (hence more clothes choices) bodies available. 

When the clothes catch up to the body (or bodies if we make a larger circle outside the top three) THEN they will be more viable. An ongoing issue of course :D.  

3 minutes ago, Chic Aeon said:

I would caution folks to see what CLOTHES they can get to fit the altamura bodies though.

Good point, and one I'd overlooked - having spent most of the last couple of months finding solutions and workarounds for making clothes fit my system body (ie a couple of shape variations and many 'borrowed' alphas!), I'm a little unprepared for how differently awkward it can be for mesh bodies.

So, for anyone thinking of going the Alta-route, demo, demo, then demo some more!

OK, I have been playing around with the free Jenny Altamura body and the free Giselle Altamura head, and I am quite pleased with the results, so I wanted to show them off! I also found a free ballgown specifically designed for the Altamura body too.

So, here's all the info you need on how you can get a beautiful fully-featured Bento mesh body avatar and head, plus outfit, hair and a Bento AO, for only L$41!

Flickr: https://www.flickr.com/photos/133354315@N05/38419495084/

Blogpost: https://ryanschultzblog.wordpress.com/2017/12/18/a-full-bento-mesh-body-avatar-hair-and-outfit-for-only-41-lindens/

Free Bento Avatar Calas Galadhon 4 18 Dec 2017_001.png

Edited by Vanity Fair
  • Like 3

A 12 days advent calendar is going to have some SEAM COVERING COLLARS it seems on its board. I (my alt) just noticed the board today. There looks like there is going to be a fancy one with pearls so even "I" will go pick that up (no neck seam for me but it is pretty).  You can find the store SLURL in my blog post of today. Not sure we should post "ads" for stores even if they aren't ours :D.   But my alt was VERY EXCITED to find that. The Pink Fuel collar is great but doesn't really go well with formals LOL.   

So a tip for everyone with a noticeable neck seam but especially for all the folks using the new free bodies and heads ^^. May our alts be lovely. I think I will even get a head   for Lani my beta grid alt as she has an old Letlutka head like mine with very few choices of skins :( as no Omega. 

• Like 1

23 hours ago, Chic Aeon said:

You can find the store SLURL in my blog post of today. Not sure we should post "ads" for stores even if they aren't ours :D.   

I looked but I couldn't find the store SLURL. Could you post a link, or send me a message? Thanks :-) I have the neck seam problem with my alts too...

2 hours ago, Vanity Fair said:

I looked but I couldn't find the store SLURL. Could you post a link, or send me a message? Thanks :-) I have the neck seam problem with my alts too...

http://maps.secondlife.com/secondlife/Jewelry/231/182/37  Follow the snowflakes to the tree. Today is NOT the collar day but there is a lovely necklace that goes with the earrings shown from yesterday. :D.

3 hours ago, Vanity Fair said:

OK. My bad. What I was looking at (well my alt) in the store was NOT upcoming advent presents, but holiday group gifts. There are four collars of various styles on there and the join fee is 100.

There MAY of course be a collar style in the Advent Calendar :D.

SORRY. Just way too much going on this month. I am scattered ^^

So, I've been driving myself up the wall trying to edit a shape for the Giselle head that doesn't make me want to go running back to my much-loved system head/shape/skin combo! Progress so far:

My system head and shape with WoW Skins Katty Bronze.

5a39aa6fde7a6_TateAolKattybronze_001.thumb.png.965c8c2003fb6fb0839248c3c5a63ec3.png

Giselle with the same skin and (the most recent) edited shape.

5a39aaf8d92da_TateGiselle_001.thumb.png.1ff738a673e7b68c7c51f49918b19a70.png

My system head and shape with my usual skin (LAQ Camille).

5a39ab3bab99a_TateAolCam2_001.thumb.png.63e4c4bd257dd1a6c24ace0a819d07b2.png

Why did I want a mesh head again??

• 1 month later...
You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 2258 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.