Free Alatmura Head - Omega?

Chic Aeon

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 2260 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

3 hours ago, Clover Jinx said:

The hud is no copy, so you have to rez the box on the ground to pull it into your inventory, like Elise mentioned.

The head is not bento, hence the phrase "traditional mesh head" on their pic here: https://altamurasl.wordpress.com/2017/12/04/tcf-december-2017/

It does take Omega appliers but, like all Altamura heads, you have to wear the head's hud AND the Altamura Omega Relay for items to apply.

I have a couple Altamura heads and am familiar with the huds, but I'm even having trouble getting all the eye shadow off this head.

Oh, I didn't realize that it wasn't Bento! Thank you. And yes, the default makeup on the Altamura head is a bit much.

If I did what I normally do, I would have deleted the box after unpacking it, assuming that I didn't need it. I'm probably going to have to pick up another copy.

Edited by Vanity Fair

Well, I am trying again with this damned head, and I *cannot* find the "Altamura: Head  WOMAN HUD v0.34" HUD it mentions in the notecard and in this thread!

Oh wait a minute.... if I re-rezz the box on the ground again and look inside I see it there! Why the hell it didn't unpack it in the first place is beyond me. STUPID!

Also, they desperately need someone to do their English translations for them!!!

So, I finally got it to work, but I'm sure a lot of other people were having problems with the unpacking of this gift.

Edited by Vanity Fair

Ok, I got this head the first day (yup, it took a few crashes!).

I've never used a mesh head with a HUD like this before so it took me a few goes to figure it out.

The " Altamura: Head  WOMAN HUD v0.34" (actually v0.36, despite what the NC says) was there on first rez, along with:

• "MAYA - baltic" HEAD skin applier: this includes 4 skin tones, each with 4 makeup variations. You click on the skin tone icon in the applier for it to appear in the HUD.
  • "MAYA - blatic [sic] sea" makeup base applier: again, click on the icons here (hairbase, brows, eyeshadow, blush, lips, lashes x2) to put them in the HUD. The first time I added it, the applier was 'blank' (confusing as hell for a newb) but was fine after detaching and reattaching (although it's happened again on a couple of subsequent occassions).
  • " OMEGA " BALTIC body applier skin: I don't have an Omega relay so I can only guess this applies the skin tones that come with the head to Omega-compatible bodies.

The initial OTT makeup is simply each makeup item turned up to 11: you can switch each makeup item on and off via the HUD and whenever you click 'on' you get that item turned up full, until you use the blend slider to adjust it.

Once I figured a few things out, created a 'zeroed' head copy with no makeup, I got down to matching the head skin to various bodies (with mixed results). The 'Colour Skin' dropdown thingy is a bit of a nightmare - I wish it was possible to enter RGB values - but I managed to get some fairly useable starting points without too much fuss.

And then things got weird:

First, an extra skin appeared in the HUD (in addition to the 4 baltic tones). I have no idea where it came from, whether it should have been there in the first place, or was the result of me randomly clicking on anything and everything in my skins folder that included the work 'applier'. It looks like a properly designed skin too, not just a result of me fiddling with skin colouring: https://gyazo.com/76723ec51503dfd8b282974e38701675 Mystery Skin.

Second, I went back to my saved outfits using the Maya head after I spotted this thread to check the HUD etc, and found that the 'Color Skin' section of the HUD has stopped working (same with all the makeup elements)!!! I tried re-rezzing the box, but the Hud isn't appearing in the contents. I just have the first one.

So, anyone had the same experiences? Also, I'd assumed the head wouldn't be Omega compatible - has anyone found that it is? If so, I'd at least be able to use it with my system body and a nice skin that comes with both appliers and system versions..

Final note: there's an Altamura Bento full body in the WOH4 hunt - the head part responds to waaay more shape sliders than the 4 head and 3 eye ones that the Maya one does, BUT it comes with just one skin, and the info states it's NOT Omega-compatible, and there isn't a HUD with makeup options or anything, just the alpha one..

1 hour ago, LexxiXhan said:

So, anyone had the same experiences? Also, I'd assumed the head wouldn't be Omega compatible - has anyone found that it is? If so, I'd at least be able to use it with my system body and a nice skin that comes with both appliers and system versions..

Final note: there's an Altamura Bento full body in the WOH4 hunt - the head part responds to waaay more shape sliders than the 4 head and 3 eye ones that the Maya one does, BUT it comes with just one skin, and the info states it's NOT Omega-compatible, and there isn't a HUD with makeup options or anything, just the alpha one..

According to chatter on the SLO&F group and altamura Omega Relay for the head really DOES let you apply omega skins to the head. This is HEARSAY as I haven't tried it yet, too busy posting all the great free stuff on my blog AND still building :D.  I do plan on trying the relay as there are a few nice Omega compatible skins on the 7 Deadly S[k]ins advent tree and my alt has that group.  It sounds to me like it is POSSIBLE that the relay included in the pack "might" let you apply OTHER omega skins (hence you getting one to show up). I had wondered about that  (or let you apply skins that had been made FOR altamura (likely not many are).  

Good to know about the WOH4 hunt, my hunter gal is just starting page 3 and hasn't ended up there. I did try the similar one for the guys and it is certainly good for alpha slots and such but something that would take appliers would be great. 

Neither are going to replace your favorite $2500 body and $5000 head (mine was only $2700 and Imma stickin with it) but they are both very nice gifts and certainly usable for folks who don't want to spend the money on a mesh body or simply try out how it looks. 

Also there are free mesh bodies (no head) at eBody -- both classic and curvy with the classic having a lot of skin color choices.

UNLESS you have a body and a head that will take the SAME APPLIER it is impossible to get that line to disappear (another thread on that back a few months with lots of examples. Happily a lot of folks are making very classy collars that cover the line and lots of them are gifts :D.

So both my alt and a good friend are just "collar gals " LOL and that works too. 

Per the notecard just sent out, this free TCF head (Maya) is Omega compatible, but has 'limited features'. 

However, the free Giselle head at the eBento event is a "complete Bento head, full functional, and Omega compatible". 

The free Jenny body for WOH gift is a full body w/ Bento head and Bento hands - but it has a limited HUD and is mostly a preview of a full version coming out in Jan.  This body is NOT Omega compatible.

Edited by LittleMe Jewell

Let me try this again with pictures. The Altamura gift head is Omega compatible but you must wear the head's hud, the Omega Relay and the skin applier.

5a2dc5feeb80e_AltamuraOmega1.jpg.a0c31c5f466f1ab88c9839fa66ecb992.jpg

Sometimes you have to press the skin applier twice when going through so many relays to get it to show up. Altamura auto saves applied items to the hud but it can get a little zealous and you end up with doubles. Just delete the extras or ones you don't plan on using.

5a2dc67e193bc_AltamuraOmega2.jpg.d371f4aca48a0d16e9956081c7ad119b.jpg

It is similar to the Adele head and hud they had in a xmas hunt last year. Static, non-bento, limited animations.

Edited by Clover Jinx
  • Thanks 2

2 hours ago, LittleMe Jewell said:

The free Jenny body for WOH gift is a full body w/ Bento head and Bento hands - but it has a limited HUD and is mostly a preview of a full version coming out in Jan.  This body is NOT Omega compatible.

I tried that out today for a long while and I suspected it was NOT Omega compatible since the guy version was not. 

However. There is a full compliment of Bento animations in separate huds (and as separate poses if you want that instead) and the huds are quite nice making this a very good free body (IMHO).  So my gal (dusty alt) will be sticking with it for awhile. It is a pretty avatar and you can make changes to the shape which effect the look. The issue is of course the SAME skin on everyone LOL,  but since I wore my Lelutka default skin for a VERY long time, that apparently isn't that important to me. 

Here is a shot from an upcoming hunt blog post currently in the queue -- for comparison. It is great that we have SO MANY choices now for our alts and for new folks too!  

Hands change with hands hud. Face changes with the face hud. I think there is another hud I didn't try. The "eye lashes" etc buttons are non functional but all the alpha slots work fine.  Feet are alpha on and off and you have to click them until you come up with what you want --- not like Maitreya :D. 

altamurawithhud.thumb.PNG.95566738c27364ac26e1aff14267ed04.PNG

• Like 1

8 hours ago, LexxiXhan said:

iFinal note: there's an Altamura Bento full body in the WOH4 hunt - the head part responds to waaay more shape sliders than the 4 head and 3 eye ones that the Maya one does, BUT it comes with just one skin, and the info states it's NOT Omega-compatible, and there isn't a HUD with makeup options or anything, just the alpha one..

Wow! I just went over to check out the free Altamura mesh body and head package...it's a sweet freebie! The feet are Slink compatible! AND you can animate the Bento hands with the extra HUD!

Between the dollarbie functional versions of the eBody Classic and eBody Curvy, and now this freebie from Altamura, all of a sudden even the poorest among us can afford a mesh avatar body now.

16 minutes ago, Vanity Fair said:

it's a sweet freebie! The feet are Slink compatible! AND you can animate the Bento hands with the extra HUD!

Yup! the main limitation for me is the lack of skins, but everything else is great :D

Some possible joy to look forward too, from the alta/jenny blog post:

"People who have this gift will receive a great surprise! Stay tuned with us in our Altamura Design/Mesh Avatar Group to discover what will be!"

If it's anything like the male avatar deal, it'll be sweet ;)

2 hours ago, LexxiXhan said:

"People who have this gift will receive a great surprise! Stay tuned with us in our Altamura Design/Mesh Avatar Group to discover what will be!"

Note that you need to be an altamura group member to get the head at eBENTO :D. 

Not only that, according to TeleportHub: Both altramura and eBENTO will have 12 day Advent calendars: 

1. eBENTO The Event  Teleport – Group required (0 $L to join group) – 15 Days of X-Mas eBento Event – at least 15 Gifts – 1 gift each day. Click the correct date number to get and wear the tag – Date: Dec 10 to Dec 25 – Contact Person: Shine Messmer and Syra Hyun
  2. Altamura  Teleport – Group required (40 $L to join group) – Several Types of gifts for Women and Man all 100% originals – Date: Dec 12 to Dec 24 – Contact Person: Lucrezia McBride
Edited by Chic Aeon
  • Like 2

I also tried out the free Altamura gift of the Giselle Bento mesh head, it's really nice! And it has more options than the head that comes with WOH4 Altamura gift full mesh body. You can even wear the Altamura body, turn off its head, hair, teeth, and eyelashes, and then wear the Giselle head, the skin tints between the body and the Giselle head match up very nicely.

So for only L$40 (the cost to join the Altamura group), you get a fully-functional, fully-adjustable Bento mesh head, That's a great deal!

And the 12 day Advent calendars is a bonus! I've been running my tail feathers off this past weekend hitting all the Advent calendar freebies and POE/WOH prizes!

And I learned about these wonderful gifts through this discussion thread, thank you so much Lexxi, LittleMe, and Chic!

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Vanity Fair said:

I also tried out the free Altamura gift of the Giselle Bento mesh head, it's really nice! And it has more options than the head that comes with WOH4 Altamura gift full mesh body. You can even wear the Altamura body, turn off its head, hair, teeth, and eyelashes, and then wear the Giselle head, the skin tints between the body and the Giselle head match up very nicely.

So for only L$40 (the cost to join the Altamura group), you get a fully-functional, fully-adjustable Bento mesh head, That's a great deal!

And the 12 day Advent calendars is a bonus! I've been running my tail feathers off this past weekend hitting all the Advent calendar freebies and POE/WOH prizes!

And I learned about these wonderful gifts through this discussion thread, thank you so much Lexxi, LittleMe, and Chic!

Another option which I hope to try today (much going on) is using the eBody (more colors of skins to choose from and currently more clothes that seem to fit) with the new altamura head. I like the eBento head better than the Chapter Four Head and of course the Omega function puts it in the lead for many people. The head on the full body altamura is very nice and the skin matches pretty well, but since (reportedly) the eBento head will take omega ---- that opens up lots of options.   7 Deadly S[k]ins has had a few appliers on their Advent Tree that would (in theory) work. I just haven't tried them!

I am thinking down the road that the altamura body might get more designers behind it (especially with so many free bodies out there soon LOL) and THEN finding clothes will be easier. The alpha slots are great, but currently the things I tried didn't rig well on the altamura body. It is a very PRETTY body though and nicely shaped.   So the next few months will likely see some shift in the "body wars" :D. 

• Like 1

29 minutes ago, Chic Aeon said:

Another option which I hope to try today (much going on) is using the eBody (more colors of skins to choose from and currently more clothes that seem to fit) with the new altamura head. I like the eBento head better than the Chapter Four Head and of course the Omega function puts it in the lead for many people. The head on the full body altamura is very nice and the skin matches pretty well, but since (reportedly) the eBento head will take omega ---- that opens up lots of options.   7 Deadly S[k]ins has had a few appliers on their Advent Tree that would (in theory) work. I just haven't tried them!

I am thinking down the road that the altamura body might get more designers behind it (especially with so many free bodies out there soon LOL) and THEN finding clothes will be easier. The alpha slots are great, but currently the things I tried didn't rig well on the altamura body. It is a very PRETTY body though and nicely shaped.   So the next few months will likely see some shift in the "body wars" :D. 

Yes, please do report back here on your investigations! 

And I agree that the market for mesh avatar bodies and Bento heads is going to get VERY interesting with the freebies from Altamura and eBody an attempt by those companies to grow their market share. I fully intend to get the Altamura freebies for my female alts, and I'm sure a lot of people will do the same once they realize that they're there.

4 hours ago, Vanity Fair said:

Yes, please do report back here on your investigations! 

And I agree that the market for mesh avatar bodies and Bento heads is going to get VERY interesting with the freebies from Altamura and eBody an attempt by those companies to grow their market share. I fully intend to get the Altamura freebies for my female alts, and I'm sure a lot of people will do the same once they realize that they're there.

I spent the morning with my dusty alt and she is looking damn spiffy these days.  Getting the Omega Relay inworld was a pain. I don't think I have ever been to a more confusing shop. I felt like I was in Las Vegas on a bad acid trip (note that I really don't know that that is like LOL but it is certainly how I imagined one might be :D).  Anyway after joining a second group (this one free at the moment) and with the help of customer support or just a really nice person in the FIRST group I joined (for creators -- don't make that mistake) I did get the hud for $50.   

I got it for my alt so didn't try it on the Chapter Four head as I liked Gizelle much better and it is VERY "Bento" in that you can change most everything much like on a classic head.  I decided that the full body avatar which I really like had too light a skin for her. So I went back to eBody and using the Gizelle head and taupe applier from Seven Deadly S[k]ins (all free) I found one that I liked the best for her.

Along the way I got that "your hud is full, empty" message talked about but couldn't figure out HOW to empty the hud so I just deleted the one in use and started over. I seem to have permanent freckles on her which I am not sure how to get rid of. I kept backup copies of head that were working since I could go VERY astray not understanding the hud.

gizelle.PNG.ac28c8b179d9aa4e3b6d5ec1db1ab7aa.PNG

Meanwhile this just out from the altamura group which pretty much explains everything we have discovered here. Would have been VERY good to have that at the beginning. But of course not all of the gifts were out then. 

Now I am going to see if I can get more clothes to work for her. A challenge for sure!  Note that I couldn't of course get the neck seam to blend since I couldn't apply the body part of the mix :D. But I expected that. 

★•••★ GISELLE BENTO HEAD ★•••★

?

• It is a complete Bento Head, full functionally and Omega Compatible.
• It needs Altamura Design/Mesh Avatars Group active on your head.
• It is at eBento Event from 10th to 31st December.
?

★•••★ JENNY BENTO FULL BODY ★•••★

?

• It is a complete avatar, with Bento Head, Body and Bento Hands. It has a limited HUD and it is a preview of the full functionally version that will be available on January. It is NOT Omega compatible. 
For all informations see:
https://altamurasl.wordpress.com/2017/12/10/jenny-bento-full-body-woh-gift/
• It doesn't need any group
• It is in the Main Store from 9th to 31st of December exclusive for Women Only Hunt.
?

★•••★ MAYA MESH HEAD ★•••★

?

• It is a traditional Mesh Head (not bento). It has a limited features and it is Omega Compatible.
• It needs The Chapter Four Group active on your head.
• It is at TCF Event from 4th to 31st of December.
?

And today, even Altamura notices said "Best Mix-Match: Giselle Bento head & Jenny Bento full Body", which is what Vanity mentioned above. 

I'm going to go ahead and grab all of these free bodies and heads for myself and my female alts, though I likely won't have much time for playing with it all until next weekend. I do like have some choices other than the (IMO) rather expensive heads that everyone else has been using.  I change makeup so seldom, I don't really care much if almost everything out there is only made for the top couple of brands.

9 minutes ago, LittleMe Jewell said:

And today, even Altamura notices said "Best Mix-Match: Giselle Bento head & Jenny Bento full Body", which is what Vanity mentioned above. 

I think if you want to be pale that is definitely a good mix. My only issue with the Jenny body (which I like a lot) is that it doesn't seemed to be rigged even close to any of the "popular" bodies (hence clothes). I so far have done better with eBody for finding clothing.  Also the Jenny body seems to need to have the hand hud "activated" often or her hands are splayed -- either for others or even for herself. So that doesn't "stick" which I imagine you could just get used to turning on and off each time you log in or it goes wonky :D.

5 minutes ago, Chic Aeon said:

I think if you want to be pale that is definitely a good mix. My only issue with the Jenny body (which I like a lot) is that it doesn't seemed to be rigged even close to any of the "popular" bodies (hence clothes). I so far have done better with eBody for finding clothing.  Also the Jenny body seems to need to have the hand hud "activated" often or her hands are splayed -- either for others or even for herself. So that doesn't "stick" which I imagine you could just get used to turning on and off each time you log in or it goes wonky :D.

Eeek - Well, I will definitely be playing with the eBody also this weekend, so hopefully I'll find something I like w/ some skin variations I like and at least a few outfits - wouldn't want the alt gals all looking alike.

47 minutes ago, Chic Aeon said:

I seem to have permanent freckles on her which I am not sure how to get rid of.

that looks a lot like one of the blush settings to me, from my brief click-through of the HUD options earlier :)

49 minutes ago, Chic Aeon said:

★•••★ JENNY BENTO FULL BODY ★•••★

?

• It is a complete avatar, with Bento Head, Body and Bento Hands. It has a limited HUD and it is a preview of the full functionally version that will be available on January. It is NOT Omega compatible. 

A lovely Angel was telling me that after they released the free male avatar in the MOH10 hunt, it was released as a full version for around L900, before it went up to the usual 4-figure price. Fingers crossed...

2 hours ago, Chic Aeon said:

after joining a second group (this one free at the moment) and with the help of customer support or just a really nice person in the FIRST group I joined (for creators -- don't make that mistake) I did get the hud for $50.

So, which is the correct group? I just tried to pay L50 while wearing the 'Omega Applier Systems - Support Group' tag and got turned down :(

1 hour ago, LexxiXhan said:

that looks a lot like one of the blush settings to me, from my brief click-through of the HUD options earlier :)

Thanks I will look tomorrow. I figured it must be in there somewhere. I don't really MIND her having freckles, just an odd default LOL. 

16 minutes ago, LexxiXhan said:

So, which is the correct group? I just tried to pay L50 while wearing the 'Omega Applier Systems - Support Group' tag and got turned down :(

Yep I think they got a lot of folks with that. You can look at  the vendor (always) in build to see what group it is set to and that will be "the group". You can even click on it from there and get to the group. In THIS case it is Omega Obsession.    

So I spent ALL DAY with my gal and she amazingly has three very nice outfits now with some others I picked up before that I need to test again. Quite a few of the items from the WOH4 worked (this with eBODY and not altamura body). The ones that worked for me were from Sakide, Justice and amazingly Masoom (a spicy hot pink club dress with metal trim that SO doesn't look like it would fit anything but the body it was designed for LOL. There is a super tiny bit of "air" on one side by the slit but she and I can live with that. A matching collar (to hide any seams can be found at Secret. Photos of all those things on my blog -- there are four reports on the hunt --- just look in the posts or sidebar. 

I also went through her hair which was pretty dire she being OLD and DUSTY LOL but found a few nice ones that still looked amazingly good AND were low rendering cost (I found one that when added jumped her cost by 700000 or whatever  - OMG I had never seen a number like that. 

Anyway I am leaving her for the day and here is her state. It was a good project but I am tired!

justice2.jpg

Edited by Chic Aeon
blurry photo
  • Like 4

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 2260 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.