Free Alatmura Head - Omega?

Chic Aeon

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 2254 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

A new mesh head gift becomes available today -- in theory at noon -- at The Chapter Four. 

It might be available somewhere else too I guess, but this is the first I have seen it.  

My QUESTION is -- for someone that already has an Altamura Omega Relay  -- is of course will that work with a skin applier :D.   It is a nice head with lots of features in the hud and the ability to turn down the makeup (used here in my photo) as well as the eyebrows (that was nice).  But of course being able to use another skin on it would be even better. It comes with an omega version of matching skin but my alt is wearing the free eBody so that isn't an option. There IS an applier that comes with the head that let's you choose different head skin options --- and that is leading me to believe that Omega might be possible.

Thanks for any input!  

altamura.thumb.jpg.83f47aeec4341fe926b93ead6bdafb87.jpg

Wait a minute...you said "free". Is this really going to be a free gift at The Chapter Four event? Do you have to join the Altamura group to get the gift?

It's OK I just got the details from the Altamura website.... it sounds like you only have to join The Chapter Four group for L$10. That's quite a deal!

https://altamurasl.wordpress.com/2017/12/04/tcf-december-2017/

Edited by Vanity Fair

16 hours ago, Vanity Fair said:

OK it is free but there's a catch... none of the buttons on the three included HUDs work. They're disabled for this freebie (I confimred with the Altamura group chat CSR).

So it's a lovely head, but you can't change the skin tone or the makeup at all.

So, if you like it as is, it is a great deal.  Otherwise, it is basically a demo.

3 minutes ago, Claireschen Hesten said:

Grabbed this head before i had to log yesterday (didn't time to try it) had i seen it was more or less a demo i don't think i would have wasted my time and L$10 joining the group to get it

Thanks for posting this (and Vanity too). I was thinking of giving it a try but will think again with those restrictions.

1 hour ago, Clover Jinx said:

It's not the only gift at Chapter Four, so the 10L isn't a waste. Almost every booth has a gift. I haven't had time to go through them all but they range from hair to shoes to poses so far.

^^ This.  There are some nice presents there, so definitely worth the 10L.

20 hours ago, Vanity Fair said:

OK it is free but there's a catch... none of the buttons on the three included HUDs work. They're disabled for this freebie (I confimred with the Altamura group chat CSR).

So it's a lovely head, but you can't change the skin tone or the makeup at all.

I got a ton of the buttons to work although I didn't try all of them. I changed the makeup for sure and there are HUDS THAT ADD ON TO THIS IN THE PACK

I am thinking folks didn't look that closely.  

So my question wasn't answered.  

Also please note that the DESIGNERS ALSO HAD TO PAY $10 in order to give YOU the gifts. So I think you guys are being pretty darn cheap about this. 

Enough said. 

1 hour ago, Chic Aeon said:

I got a ton of the buttons to work although I didn't try all of them. I changed the makeup for sure and there are HUDS THAT ADD ON TO THIS IN THE PACK

I am thinking folks didn't look that closely.  

Well, I don't know what you did that was different from what I tried to do. I loaded and reloaded the three included HUDs in the folder that got created in a script-enabled area, and none of the buttons would work. Also, I had the official customer service rep from the Altamura chat group confirm that the buttons would not work for the freebie. Maybe you were using HUDs for an Altamura head you already owned? Or did you get a pre-release freebie as a blogger that somehow was changed before it was set out at The Chapter Four event? But I couldn't get them to work and I was told that was supposed to be the case.

If there is a way to change the makeup (especially that default hideous blue eyeshadow) then please let me know, thanks.

Edited by Vanity Fair

Also, I was not the one complaining about the L$10 group fee. That was somebody else. L$10 is nothing really, and it's a damn good deal for a Bento (adjustable) mesh head, whether or not you can change the skin tones or make-up.

The hard part is trying to get into The Chapter Four sim. :-)

Edited by Vanity Fair

there IS a HUD in the package "Altamura: "MAYA" HUD WOMAN v0.36" that you have to wear to be able to change anything... tried it on an alt and it works, however i had to manually rez the "box" to get the HUD. it didnt come with the rest of the stuff when clicking the "pic on screen" it also says when worn first time its omega friendsly so should work with the altamura relay

2 hours ago, Vanity Fair said:

Maybe you were using HUDs for an Altamura head you already owned? Or did you get a pre-release freebie as a blogger that somehow was changed before it was set out at The Chapter Four event? But I couldn't get them to work and I was told that was supposed to be the case.

Nope. I have no other altamura products. I picked up the GIFT from the venue before it opened by wearing the Chapter Four tag and clicking just like anyone would do. Have no idea why things worked for me and not you. I do know from recent experience that "customer service" sometimes gives the wrong info LOL.  So not sure what to say about that.  It was NOT a blogger copy.

PLEASE see the comment just above this because I think that is the whole issue. I mentioned that there were other huds. The fact that those huds WORKED with the system was why I was asking if the Omega relay would work. 

There were also instruction in the box telling you what you needed to do.

TCF has been full since opening BUT if you are Premium you can get right in. I just got in now (not premium and being in the land group doesn't help me :D)

2 hours ago, Vanity Fair said:

The hard part is trying to get into The Chapter Four sim. :-)

I got in yesterday on my first try.  Don't know if demand dropped for a minute or if my Premium status helped - I didn't bother checking to see how full the sim actually was.

Just now, LittleMe Jewell said:

I got in yesterday on my first try.  Don't know if demand dropped for a minute or if my Premium status helped - I didn't bother checking to see how full the sim actually was.

It IS the premium. I have a couple of friends and they get into everything now first try. That was a "new perk"  added last summer. :D 

1 hour ago, Elise Banx said:

it also says when worn first time its omega friendsly so should work with the altamura relay

THANK YOU. I totally missed that in my thrill of playing.   If no one can confirm (and there are still LOTS of people trying to get in of course) it would likely be worth giving the relay a try. 

Sometimes (not this brand) the relays seem to work and other times not - even within the same product line. Confusing for sure.  I will pay more attention when my alt gives it a try. 

There are some very nice gifts at the venue. I just unpacked them all as most where not out until the VERY last minute :D.  My favorites are some very niche glasses LOL. 

7 hours ago, Clover Jinx said:

It's not the only gift at Chapter Four, so the 10L isn't a waste. Almost every booth has a gift. I haven't had time to go through them all but they range from hair to shoes to poses so far.

Must make time to have a proper browse when the sim is less packed.

1 hour ago, LittleMe Jewell said:

I didn't see the sim go above 41av's i'm not premium and managed to get in on 40 after a few tries thought it would be lot harder to get in to on opening day

10 minutes ago, Claireschen Hesten said:

Must make time to have a proper browse when the sim is less packed.

I didn't see the sim go above 41av's i'm not premium and managed to get in on 40 after a few tries thought it would be lot harder to get in to on opening day

Up to 49 at one point. I was surprised. It wasn't all that laggy when I was there but I have my jellydolls turned so that most folks are only solid colors :D.

16 hours ago, Elise Banx said:

there IS a HUD in the package "Altamura: "MAYA" HUD WOMAN v0.36" that you have to wear to be able to change anything... tried it on an alt and it works, however i had to manually rez the "box" to get the HUD. it didnt come with the rest of the stuff when clicking the "pic on screen" it also says when worn first time its omega friendsly so should work with the altamura relay

Well then I stand corrected. I will double-check and try it again.

16 hours ago, Elise Banx said:

Where can we get that package? I got the head at the event and tried it on, but there is no HUD supplied, apart from 3 appliers. And the appliers do not work for me (maybe an Omega relay is needed) nor do shape settings. The head's appearance does not appeal to me anyway; I'm just trying it out of curiosity.

The hud is no copy, so you have to rez the box on the ground to pull it into your inventory, like Elise mentioned.

The head is not bento, hence the phrase "traditional mesh head" on their pic here: https://altamurasl.wordpress.com/2017/12/04/tcf-december-2017/

It does take Omega appliers but, like all Altamura heads, you have to wear the head's hud AND the Altamura Omega Relay for items to apply.

I have a couple Altamura heads and am familiar with the huds, but I'm even having trouble getting all the eye shadow off this head.

• Like 2

10 minutes ago, Clover Jinx said:

The hud is no copy, so you have to rez the box on the ground to pull it into your inventory, like Elise mentioned.

I rezzed it again, and this time the HUD arrived! I don't know what happened last time. Thanks.

1 hour ago, Clover Jinx said:

but I'm even having trouble getting all the eye shadow off this head.

You can turn the eye shadow WAY down which is what I did in the photo above -- along with the lipstick.   The makeup on default is WAY too much IMHO :D.    I did  like that you could turn the eyebrows down. Hadn't seen that before in a head (I only have an old Lelutka one which I am holding onto as I like it).  

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 2254 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.