Finally --- at Aquila :D

Chic Aeon

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 2305 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

SAD  ADDENDUM:

While this looked fine in the preview window all the triangles showed on upload.

Tried many times an with various models and when triangulated I cannot get the model to upload greater than 64 which was the whole point in my case :D

So since I have spent about four hours on this with no improvements (but a little knowledge that might come in handy another time)  I am moving onward.

THANKS EVERYONE. May anyone finding this thread find their own answer somewhere in all the screenshots and comments :D. 

I'm just going to add this anways Chic ..... I really can't see why this would prevent you from uploading 2or more 64 meter objects at the same time. Will check tomorrow ...

anyways ............

Data Transfer modifier .......... an example of correctng bad shading where two mesh objects join. (2 half spheres) :

I forgot to mention in the screenshots below that using this particular method it is very important that the Source object and the object(s) with the modifier must occupy the exact same position in 3D space. They can be on different layers but must be same position.

5a2709b4b2f5b_DataTransferNormaleditingSphere.thumb.png.93666f084af330f35bfd0bdd987ef2d8.png

5a2709e32d6a4_DataTransferNormaleditingSphere2.thumb.png.44205fc622f818208111ee6a81f1ef1c.png

With Display vertex-per-face normals enabled and toggling on and off the "eye" icon in the modifier you can see how the normals are effected by the modifier.

Untitled.gif.78c0423286a788421f2dab74c9f2df17.gif

5a270ebf338c5_DataTransferNormaleditingSphere3.thumb.png.a7eabb5c66d289913ef4a734dd92345e.png

See Artons and Chics comments above about triangulation of the mesh. Note in this example the Collada exporter has triangulate option enabled.

Edited by Aquila Kytori
  • Thanks 1

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 2305 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.