Re-Enable Private Region "Disable Selected" in Region / Estate Debug Settings

Erwin Solo

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 2325 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

Question

Refer to http://wiki.secondlife.com/wiki/Viewerhelp:Top_Colliders_and_Top_Scripts for context.  Also http://wiki.secondlife.com/wiki/Estate_Menu . 

When I disable a script via the Estate/Region tools using Disable Selected" in "Get Top Scripts" on the Region/Estate (Alt-R) Debug Tab, is there a way to re-enable them?

Currently, I only disable scripts this way when I am willing to put down a new copy of the item to get the functionality back (e.g., scripted trees with a season-changing script).  

I have events in my Region like Sword Tournaments, during which I would like to turn off all scripts except those of contestants and scoreboard.  But, I unless I can turn back-on the scripts I've turned off, this aspect of the Region/Estate tools won't help me much.

6 answers to this question

4 minutes ago, Erwin Solo said:

When I disable a script via the Estate/Region tools using Disable Selected" in "Get Top Scripts" on the Region/Estate (Alt-R) Debug Tab, is there a way to re-enable them?

No, apart from manually setting the script back to running, provided the script is mod.

• Thanks 1

Whirly, thanks.  The Estate/Region tools using Disable Selected" is useful because it lets me disable other people scripts, but the capability isn't all that useful unless I can reverse the process.

• Like 1

Yeah agreed.
It's only really useful for killing scripts in griefer objects that you don't care if you break permanantly.

I haven't messed with that feature for a while, so maybe behaviour has changed, but it used to be that if an estate mod disabled scripts in objects that had no mod scripts, the scripts would be permanantly broken.

2 hours ago, Rolig Loon said:

So, why not deed your tournament parcel to a special group, invite contestants to the group, and enable scripts in the parcel for group members only?  When the tournament is over, enable scripts for everyone again (or remove the contestants from your group).

Well, that would help if the only application were sword tournaments.  What about the full-sim races for vehicles?

Edited by Erwin Solo

On 12/3/2017 at 6:06 AM, Erwin Solo said:

The Estate/Region tools using Disable Selected" is useful because it lets me disable other people scripts

Testing this just now in my region.

1. Make a copy of a catwa head (no mod), remove all but the head, disable scripts of avatar - nothing disabled, head still works.

2. Rez a no mod item in the sim, disable scripts - item destroyed.

In case 1, disabling an avatar, nothing happens. Their attached scripts all remain operational.

In case 2, destroying people's nomod items has a real life dollar cost to them. If the Lindens might see such destruction as an AR'able offense, is something you should consider.

Edited by Callum Meriman

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 2325 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.