Full Perm KITS? COOL BUT HOW?

HexsKatt

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 2320 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

5 hours ago, HexsKatt said:

Also I already have ZBrush, Blender, Marvelous Designer and Photoshop. Experienced all of those programs.

In which case, you'll know what dae files are, and wil know you load them into your copy of Blunder-3D, make any modifications you want, and upload to SL as your own "hella kewl" mesh clothing, and then take all those texture images and load them into Photosnop, and use gratuitous layer abuse to mix them into "hella kewl" textures that you upload into SL, and put on your "hella kewl" mesh clothing to make your own "hella kewl" SL store products that you sell in your own "hella kewl" store in SL

So, you just answered your own question. Unless...

You don't know what jpg & dae files are or what they are used for, and don't recognise that the names of those files refer to specific brands of mesh body, to indicate that the dae in question has been made to fit that particular brand.

In which case maybe you are NOT all that "Experienced (in) all those Programs"...

7 hours ago, Klytyna said:

In which case maybe you are NOT all that "Experienced (in) all those Programs"...

A little harsh, one can know how to use blender, photoshop etc - but as anyone knows the advance techniques can be hard to pick up or not even known about until shown, combining that knowledge to combine, rig and composite for SL can be even tougher.  

Personally I would download the SL avatar from the wiki, load it into blender, then import assets and have a look on what adjustments need to be made - You'll most likely need to read up on/or know the following topics.

- Rigging

- Map baking

- Map Mixing/Compositing.

I'd also look through the files for a .txt or an example model - most builders are usually kind enough to make a point of reference that you can dissect to understand their designs.  

21 minutes ago, Tealthantos said:

A little harsh, one can know how to use blender, photoshop etc - but as anyone knows the advance techniques can be hard to pick up or not even known about until shown, combining that knowledge to combine, rig and composite for SL can be even tougher. 

Not really no, if your kit includes files with names like "Bra-Maitreya-Lar.dae" for example, that means you have a RIGGED WEIGHED bra in Collada dae format straight from the kit creators copy of blender or maya or whatever, all you have to do is upload that into SL, you use layer work, standard technique in Photosnob or Corel or PSP for the last 10-15 years, to composite the ao shadow bake jpg in the kit with your flood fill 'fabric tubez' etc... and export your tga/png and upload into SL, then your uploaded diffuse/normal/spec maps on your uploaded mesh and its a fitmesh garment for body X.

That's the whole point of the KIT in this format., if you are experienced in the apps named you don't NEED to ask what a uv template is, or what a dae file is, or what am obj file is.

11 hours ago, Klytyna said:

Not really no, if your kit includes files with names like "Bra-Maitreya-Lar.dae" for example, that means you have a RIGGED WEIGHED bra in Collada dae format straight from the kit creators copy of blender or maya or whatever, all you have to do is upload that into SL, you use layer work, standard technique in Photosnob or Corel or PSP for the last 10-15 years, to composite the ao shadow bake jpg in the kit with your flood fill 'fabric tubez' etc... and export your tga/png and upload into SL, then your uploaded diffuse/normal/spec maps on your uploaded mesh and its a fitmesh garment for body X.

That's the whole point of the KIT in this format., if you are experienced in the apps named you don't NEED to ask what a uv template is, or what a dae file is, or what am obj file is.

Yeah you have a point on this. I do know what obj, dae.. etc. files are, I mean I know how to import and export them and what are they working for. The problem is I think, texturing it. For example, If I only import the dae file without putting and avatar is that okay? Cause they are so many clothes for different bodies. I mean, I can just import the Maitreya.dae and play with it, then just export it? 
Another question that I think you can help me with, do I need to edit extra things to texture files or I just can drop it on Photoshop and edit them the way I want and put all of them together at SL. It sounds to basic so I am pretty sure that I am doing something wrong lol. 
Also one last question too sorry if I am bothering you much, they are files named _ao , _shadow, _uvw... all seperate, am I gonna edit them all separate? And only photoshop is enough? Cause uv maps aren't for blender? How I am gonna make it all together and have a last look how my texture's looking on my cloth on blender?
Also.. (promise that is the last also.. lol) When I open the for example shadow.png on photoshop, its not transparent.. It's a bit confusing to me to edit it then I got a wrong feeling. lol
And thanks for your helping!!!! I LOVE SECOND LIFE LOL

2 hours ago, HexsKatt said:

they are files named _ao , _shadow, _uvw... all seperate, am I gonna edit them all separate? And only photoshop is enough? Cause uv maps aren't for blender? How I am gonna make it all together and have a last look how my texture's looking on my cloth on blender?

Have you checked out Toxics series on how she goes about texturing mesh clothing using photoshop?

In Part one she starts with an AO (ambient occlusion) texture in PhotoShop and works through to the final textures on the mesh in SL. 

2 minutes ago, Aquila Kytori said:

Have you checked out Toxics series on how she goes about texturing mesh clothing using photoshop?

In Part one she starts with an AO (ambient occlusion) texture in PhotoShop and works through to the final textures on the mesh in SL. 

Ahhh thanks for that! Will be looking for this when I solve my blender issue lol <3

5 hours ago, HexsKatt said:

Yeah you have a point on this.

Ok...

Let's assume for the moment, that you are JUST going to do a bra for Maitreya Lara, and do not plan on changing the fp mesh you bought...

You could have bought traditional Full perm Template, where you get the mesh inworld, ready to wear, and simply liked that to a root prim you made and added your store loco to, so the Bra says you made it. But the actual bra mesh will always show as "Brand-X-FP-Mesh (brandxfpmesh Resident)" in the creator field.

The kit you bought, bypasses this, you upload that bra-maitreya.dae, and theoretically, you get working maitreya fit full perm mesh bra with YOU listed as the mesh maker.

Now texturing...

I don't use Photosnop, I'm a Paint Shop Pro girl, and not that Traitor PSP 8 rubbish from Corhell Corp, the real PSP...

But, principles have remained the4 same for years so... Using your "experience" with Photosnob, load the UV template, then add the other images, AO, shadow and so on as additional layers in the Photosnob file.

Don't panic if the shadow layers are jpg's with no alha channel, you'll find masking options up on the menu at the top of the screen.

Selecting the un-alphad layer, i go to my menu, masks, make new mask, make mask from source luminesance (tickbox invert mask), that cuts an alpha layer for THAT layer in your working file, where the white sections are invisible and the black sections are opaque, and the 'shadows fade in visibility as they fade out... Clever huh, Photosnob WILL have this feature, but may call it something else.

Now let's assume you've gone and found a piece of cloth, with the traditional lace and fishnet purple and chartreuse tartan of Clan Mc Eyesore, and taken a photo of it, and converted that into a seamless Photosnob "Tubez" (tm)...

Create a blank layer in your working file, make a duplicate of the uv map layer above the blank layer, and depending on the uv map colors, use a combination of setting the layer 'screen' and negative image, set it so the lines on the map show up over your blank white layer, then selecting your blank layer, you can paint/floodfill/spraycan your tartan with the glowing lines of the uv on the layer above showing you where to paint.

move the shadow/ao layers above the tartan layer, turn off the uv layer, adjust the transparence slider on the shadow/ao layers till your happy with the effect they have on yur tartan.

Then on the layer control panel, turn off all the layers you dont want, so all you have left visible is tartan, shadow and ao, and export your image from the photosnob working file as a flat unlayered png or tga.

You can then fire up your copy of Blunder-3D, load the bra-maitreya.dae file, slap the exported image onto it, see how it looks.

This isn't for SL, but for a latex formal over an undersuit, for Sims 2, way way back, shows you the kind of thing I mean...

5a23135e6817b_LayerWorkSample.jpg.1da386d30ea70a2eb5fc61d8154bc31e.jpg

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 2320 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.