Announcing an Easier Way to Purchase Abandoned Mainland Property

Blondin Linden

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 4572 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

• Replies 55
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Qwalyphi Korpov wrote:

hmmm.... I open search, i set it to mainlaind, i set the price to L$512 or less, the size to 512 sq meter or greater, I sort the results by name, I don't find any named "Abandoned Land For Sale."  Before I did.   That what I mean by it looks like that part got fixed.

Maybe there's some other search that still shows it.

It definitely still shows in 1.23 viewers which means that the bots can see it, as can any viewer that gets the result via code instead of web based. Personally I never use the new viewer for any kind of search due to it's pitiful performance and bad result sets and filters. Using 1.23 and seting the price at 512 or less, and the size at 512 or greater I see well over 100 512m properties that say Abandoned land (starting at the bottom of the first page of results, and filling the whole second page)

• 3 months later...

I have to tell you I am seriously considering selling my parcels due to the UGLY UGLY builds on the ground level around my parcel in sipiwesk. The other area's I own mainland are a little better. But really Linden needs a EPA (SL Environmental Protection Agency - because there should be some kind of BUILD standards on mainland due to your neighbors NOT being able to avoid looking at the ugly stuff next door. OR enable a permanent derendering so I can make them disappear permanently. I would be willing to buy a full sim island but cant justify a 1,000 US dollar setup fee. Especially when I am a premium member.

• 1 month later...

I think there's some confusion here.  The post to which you're replying describes a policy for which there is no need to request purchase of anything.  The land that is made available for direct purchase is simply set for sale automatically.

There is a whole separate mechanism for bringing land to auction, where that land didn't go to direct sales for some reason. (For now, that's mostly because the land was abandoned long before this policy came into effect, but LL also sometimes pulls parcels out of the automatic process in order to combine them, or to use them for other purposes such as LDPW infrastructure builds.)  You can submit a ticket requesting that those parcels be brought to auction; it may take a few days to a few weeks for that to occur.

There's another process, too, in which you can file a support ticket to request purchase of small parcels that are adjacent land you already own.  It's at the discretion of whichever Linden processes the ticket to decide if they can satisfy the request without raising any possible objection from other neighbors; if it seems nobody could object, they'll sell it to you for L$1/sq.m. (There are some very strict guidelines -- less than 512sqm and bordering the parcel on at least 3 sides -- but they'll relax those somewhat, if they're confident it won't cause trouble.)

Thanks for your well written explanation. I love those as it shows common cocurtesy towards others. The other reason given to me is that the parcel was too big to sell to me. As I had previously purchased 2 larger parcels before, this agent's curt responses only seemed uninformed to me.

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 4572 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.