Would you go back to your first mesh body?

Zillana Andel

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 2333 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

I'm curious, I've been reading on the forums about different Mesh Bodies and some of them have some negative things going for them Maitreya doesn't give out Dev kits to certain people, Tmp is to closed off, Belleza doesn't give out Dev kits anymore(From what i heard). Based on some of this it makes me want to just leave Maitreya body behind and go back to my good old slink body. Anyone else feel like switching back to what use to work for them, Slink and being a creator, was always good to me. Stick with what treats you right?  Would you go back to your first mesh body? 

FIrst was slink, hated the shape of it. second was tmp, but they're shady and i can't even use my own skins and tats with it (ntm why are there spikes coming from the shins?). third was maitreya, but i hate the shape of that aswell. now i use belleza freya and honestly, never going back. the shape is just perfect for me and to me is just beautiful. gotta have some thunder on them thighs knowhatimsayin? plus added bonus is i only needed to install omega, then toss the hud out ratehr then with maitreya and slink having to dig it up every time i want to use an omega applier on it.

also belleza has given out dev kits recently, but from what i hear they're working on an update and are busy. i personally don't believe it'll ever update but whatever. people believe what they want to believe.

Snapshot_155.png

ON my older avatar I started out using Wowmeh first, then used to have a whole array of bodies. Uluki (3 bodies), Slink (both Physique and HG), Maitreya, TMP, and some others I can't even remember. For some reason I've never tried the Belleza bodies. On my current avatar I prefer to use SLink HG, but not all clothing fits on HG, so I have Maitreya for those, with a different shape than my HG, so it's similarly shaped anyway.

When I returned to SL this year, I spent a bit of time pondering the whole 'mesh body' thing, trying to decide if I was ready to jump into that pool.  I was gifted the Maitreya body and liked it right away.  It took a bit of tweaking to get the shape I wanted and lots of skin demo time to find something that I liked and had an applier that properly matched my classic skin - I didn't want a mesh head, and still don't want one.  I've considered trying some of the other body demos, but never did - I like the one I have, so why spend  money on something else.

• Like 1

I have only been mesh 11, months, having finally broke down and bought Maitreya between Christmas and New Years of last year, I later invested in a Mayreal head. I can't see myself spending that much money on another avi anytime in the future.

My first meshbody was Tonic Curvy and while it had limited options compared to other brands, I loved it. The bottom part could fit in standard rigged mesh clothings and the top layer was wraping around the chest so appliers were looking very good. Then the creator changed the body and while all these updates are really good, on the other hand it was no more what I was looking for so I switched for Belleza.

Recently I bought Slink Hourglass, not because I don't like my Belleza Venus anymore but I was geting tired to see always the same shape. It's most definitely a nice change but then comparing the two, I confirm that I do prefer my Belleza Venus.

Would I go back to my first meshbody? I'm trying to be a responsible user and to avoid or lower my lag as much as I can so I would not go back to my old complex meshbody (the latest release of Tonic meshbodies have lower complexity than the first release).

6 hours ago, Avaraia Aljon said:

slink having to dig it up every time i want to use an omega applier on it.

It doesn't work like this anymore with Slink. The latest update is omega ready which means : activate once and done.

6 hours ago, Avaraia Aljon said:

also belleza has given out dev kits recently, but from what i hear they're working on an update and are busy. i personally don't believe it'll ever update but whatever. people believe what they want to believe.

That would be terrible if the Belleza bodies are not updated with bento.

1 minute ago, Morgan Rosenstar said:

My first meshbody was Tonic Curvy and while it had limited options compared to other brands, I loved it. The bottom part could fit in standard rigged mesh clothings and the top layer was wraping around the chest so appliers were looking very good. Then the creator changed the body and while all these updates are really good, on the other hand it was no more what I was looking for so I switched for Belleza.

Recently I bought Slink Hourglass, not because I don't like my Belleza Venus anymore but I was geting tired to see always the same shape. It's most definitely a nice change but then comparing the two, I confirm that I do prefer my Belleza Venus.

Would I go back to my first meshbody? I'm trying to be a responsible user and to avoid or lower my lag as much as I can so I would not go back to my old complex meshbody (the latest release of Tonic meshbodies have lower complexity than the first release).

It doesn't work like this anymore with Slink. The latest update is omega ready which means : activate once and done.

when i tested the slink demo this wasn't the case sadly. unless demos work differently from the full version with omega.

11 hours ago, Zillana Andel said:

I'm curious, I've been reading on the forums about different Mesh Bodies and some of them have some negative things going for them Maitreya doesn't give out Dev kits to certain people [...]

Would you go back to your first mesh body? 

Absolutely, categorically, most definitely .. No!  :P

I have Maitreya and, to me, it was a no-brainer to have purchased it for my alt too. It is difficult to find fault with the Maitreya body in terms of available clothing in all its forms, there is simply a mountain available. I have never been disappointed to find something I wanted not being available in Maitreya. So much available for free too, or as group gifts, lucky boards etc.. Simply wonderful!

My only criticism of Maitreya is the alpha section of the HUD since the introduction of 'auto-alpha' on recent updates. It can become a real nuisance. Its use should ideally be optional, not mandatory. I suggested that to their support many months ago too. With regards to a Dev kit; I don't make things, I just wear them, so I am unaffected by that.

I shudder at the thought of returning to any classic avatar body. Sorry if I sound like a mesh body snob  :D

21 minutes ago, Morgan Rosenstar said:

The applier does add the script yes, but every time its re-worn the script becomes unresponsive and needs to be re-added via the hud. you can't just reset them either due to nomod.

1 minute ago, Avaraia Aljon said:

The applier does add the script yes, but every time its re-worn the script becomes unresponsive and needs to be re-added via the hud. you can't just reset them either due to nomod.

I guess I'm lucky as I've not yet had to face this glitch and never had to reactivate the Omega script on my Slink Hourglass.

4 minutes ago, Candice LittleBoots said:

Absolutely, categorically, most definitely .. No!  :P

I have Maitreya and, to me, it was a no-brainer to have purchased it for my alt too. It is difficult to find fault with the Maitreya body in terms of available clothing in all its forms, there is simply a mountain available. I have never been disappointed to find something I wanted not being available in Maitreya. So much available for free too, or as group gifts, lucky boards etc.. Simply wonderful!

My only criticism of Maitreya is the alpha section of the HUD since the introduction of 'auto-alpha' on recent updates. It can become a real nuisance. Its use should ideally be optional, not mandatory. I suggested that to their support many months ago too. With regards to a Dev kit; I don't make things, I just wear them, so I am unaffected by that.

I shudder at the thought of returning to any classic avatar body. Sorry if I sound like a mesh body snob  :D

I feel the same way about the standard. I use belleza as a main body but i also own 2 ulukie bodies, both slink, maitreya, tonic curvy, lena lush, and tmp (regretibly) as well as a bunch of "indie" ones and they all have one thing in common for me. "well its better then the default body".

My first body was Maitreya. I still have it and even keep it updated. Shopping wise it would be easier to go back to it, because it enjoys the most support and exclusives. 

I’m enjoying the Belleza bodies though. Imo it’s the best non mod body available and the bento hand thing isn’t a big deal because Slink and vista hands fit just fine. I know some people jumped ship over that. 

I do wish it was moddable. There’s a lot you can do with skins and textures with moddable bodies, but I love wearing mesh clothing so the features it has are a good enough compromise.

For the time being till i have enough save in my alt i'm still using the classic body having demoed all the most popular bodies i decided on going Maitreya partly because it was the only body i could use out of the box with my old skin until i'd want to invest time skin shopping, partly because the HUD was easy to use partly because i liked how the body looked in relation to my current shape 

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 2333 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.