So I guess....

Max Nova

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 2328 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

1 hour ago, Talligurl said:

Actually there is one, it has been a while since i visited and I am not sure I could find it again if I tried, but not only is nudity allowed, but the furniture on the docks have adult animations, so you can pretty much count on the fact that if you can think it up, someone else has and has made it happen.

There is a whole set of connected naked sailing sims, they promote it as such. And yes they include nude marinas and lounge areas.

The OP was offended probably because he thinks Mature means no nudity allowed, and that anyone asking about nudity or showing up nude is a troll.

We can't all be held to the same standards he has in his corner of the world, but communication is the key to avoiding misunderstandings.

3 minutes ago, BilliJo Aldrin said:

There is a whole set of connected naked sailing sims, they promote it as such. And yes they include nude marinas and lounge areas.

The OP was offended probably because he thinks Mature means no nudity allowed, and that anyone asking about nudity or showing up nude is a troll.

We can't all be held to the same standards he has in his corner of the world, but communication is the key to avoiding misunderstandings.

So, if there are many sims that promote what it is you like then please by all means go there and move on. I'm not offended by nudity, I'm offended that you made this all about you and got us into a discussion about what is allowed and what is not rather than allowing people to just meet and go from there. So please just move on.

• Like 1

7 hours ago, WuShin said:

So, if there are many sims that promote what it is you like then please by all means go there and move on. I'm not offended by nudity, I'm offended that you made this all about you and got us into a discussion about what is allowed and what is not rather than allowing people to just meet and go from there. So please just move on.

The best way to get me to move on is to stop replying to my posts.

My last post was in response to someone talking about nude sailing sims.

You as OP were able to start this thread, but you have no control about who replies or in what direction the thread moves.

If you think any of my posts are abusive or an attempt to harass you, feel free to report them. 

And of course, i can do the same with yours.

Have a nice day.

On ‎12‎/‎1‎/‎2017 at 6:00 PM, WuShin said:

And on what planet would non-consensual sex ever be allowed in a civilized society? Some of you really go out of the way to troll and if you lack the common sense and decency that make you think these idiotic things I'd rather you didn't come because although it is not written in the rules, sim description or anywhere at all I can assure you sexual harassment will not be tolerated even a little bit and if you think that sort of thing is ok you need medication. 

Have you NEVER heard of BDSM?

41 minutes ago, Talligurl said:

Noooooo, he just needs to learn how to take our craziness

Aww, I forgot the OP was an advertisement.

Song: "What can you do with a drunken sailor? What can you do with a drunken sailor?  What can you do with a drunken sailor? Ear-lie in the mor-ning!"

3 hours ago, Love Zhaoying said:

Aww, I forgot the OP was an advertisement.

Song: "What can you do with a drunken sailor? What can you do with a drunken sailor?  What can you do with a drunken sailor? Ear-lie in the mor-ning!"

How so? LL seems to disagree with you and moved it from "Make  Friends" to "Destinations", obviously you didn't read, you just felt it necessarily to add a snide comment to feel important, I'm sure if it were an advertisement Linden Labs would have let us know. I really think a lot of you need to grow up or need medication, it seems you need to make noise to get attention but you're just embarrassing yourself. People post to create opportunities for friendships and you take the post off on an insanity tour. The song you should be singing is troll lololol that best describes your comments and attitude. 

4 hours ago, WuShin said:

How so? LL seems to disagree with you and moved it from "Make  Friends" to "Destinations", obviously you didn't read, you just felt it necessarily to add a snide comment to feel important, I'm sure if it were an advertisement Linden Labs would have let us know. I really think a lot of you need to grow up or need medication, it seems you need to make noise to get attention but you're just embarrassing yourself. People post to create opportunities for friendships and you take the post off on an insanity tour. The song you should be singing is troll lololol that best describes your comments and attitude. 

Wushin, I can empathize with your unease with which some people may approach your contributions to the forums, but understand, that they don't mean harm generally. It might simply be a way in which they are used to approaching this format of communicating their ideas, even if they can get a bit off-topic. We don't all have the same sense of humor or catch onto humor (myself included at times).

I owned a sim a few months ago which I closed recently (for medical reasons). I , like you , was very hesitant on even mentioning my sim in the forums for some of the reasons you are concerned about, but to be honest, i never once ran into any of the people who saw my posts, and if I did , they were never rude or disruptive. You as a land owner do have the right to set the rules of the land within maturity ratings, and yes even if it is mature land, you can ask visitor not to be nude , infact you can set any rules you like, and if they can't comply they can leave or be removed.

The best thing though is to simply not react or respond to those you feel might be trolling (it sounds like you handled things fine inworld with other encounters with 'forumites' at your property by ignoring for the most past). If you feel a post is abusive or trolling, don't argue with them but simply use the Report Post option up in the right hand portion of the post, and let the rest take it's course.

Edited by Hunter Stern
  • Like 3
  • Thanks 2

1 hour ago, Hunter Stern said:

Wushin, I can empathize with your unease with which some people may approach your contributions to the forums, but understand, that they don't mean harm generally. It might simply be a way in which they are used to approaching this format of communicating their ideas, even if they can get a bit off-topic. We don't all have the same sense of humor or catch onto humor (myself included at times).

I owned a sim a few months ago which I closed recently (for medical reasons). I , like you , was very hesitant on even mentioning my sim in the forums for some of the reasons you are concerned about, but to be honest, i never once ran into any of the people who saw my posts, and if I did , they were never rude or disruptive. You as a land owner do have the right to set the rules of the land within maturity ratings, and yes even if it is mature land, you can ask visitor not to be nude , infact you can set any rules you like, and if they can't comply they can leave or be removed.

The best thing though is to simply not react or respond to those you feel might be trolling (it sounds like you handled things fine inworld with other encounters with 'forumites' at your property by ignoring for the most past). If you feel a post is abusive or trolling, don't argue with them but simply use the Report Post option up in the right hand portion of the post, and let the rest take it's course.

Wise words sir, I salute you! 

• Like 2

14 hours ago, WuShin said:

How so? LL seems to disagree with you and moved it from "Make  Friends" to "Destinations", obviously you didn't read, you just felt it necessarily to add a snide comment to feel important, I'm sure if it were an advertisement Linden Labs would have let us know.

They did let you know... "Destinations" is where they move adverts for... Destinations...

14 hours ago, WuShin said:

I am sorry if your feelings are hurt. I only meant my comments in a light-hearted way. I guess that means my "medications" are working. My "song" was inspired by "Drunken Sailor Marina"  in your profile - a song people of my generation were taught as children in school! My bad - but I really can't apologize for being myself: I use this forum as a media to express myself.

37 minutes ago, Klytyna said:

They did let you know... "Destinations" is where they move adverts for... Destinations...

Since so many people are so upset about my original post my group has unlisted our sim and we will just keep to ourselves. My intention was not to advertise anything, it was an invitation to people looking for friendship and people to chat with but is seems like a pretty good idea to retract that offer and invitation at this point. 

• Sad 1

36 minutes ago, BilliJo Aldrin said:

the irony of all this is if the OP had put this in the right category to begin with I'd probably never have seen it and  thus not made any attempt to ask for clarification of his invitation. the result of which was to be called a troll and told to move along.

Yes, most ads get ignored unless they are repeated spam, funny, interesting, or otherwise invite comment.

1 minute ago, HikaruMiyamoto said:

Amazing how this got so twisted, so he made a mistake and posted it in the wrong spot big deal, actually it's not a big deal a lot of people just have too much time on their hands and fancy themselves lawyers.

Did you read the thread?

People often post in the wrong places, it happens, threads often get moved, this happens too, this...

This little psycho-drama seemd to go bad when the OP complained about his advert for a destination being moved to Destinations, went through some clarification requests, which basically involved the OP saying "open invite for people exactly like me" with a side order of "ewww filthy adult content people...", and progressed to sulking.

My post above... I simply corrected his misunderstanding about 'not being informed his thread was an advert" and he gives me some whiny sulk reply about picking up his toys and going home.

It's his place, he can set whatever damn rules he likes about nudity, or wearing tartan, or having a Z in your name.

But sulking and whining about "angry trolls" and how unfair it is his advert was moved to the adverts section... Meh!

6 minutes ago, Klytyna said:

Did you read the thread?

People often post in the wrong places, it happens, threads often get moved, this happens too, this...

This little psycho-drama seemd to go bad when the OP complained about his advert for a destination being moved to Destinations, went through some clarification requests, which basically involved the OP saying "open invite for people exactly like me" with a side order of "ewww filthy adult content people...", and progressed to sulking.

My post above... I simply corrected his misunderstanding about 'not being informed his thread was an advert" and he gives me some whiny sulk reply about picking up his toys and going home.

It's his place, he can set whatever damn rules he likes about nudity, or wearing tartan, or having a Z in your name.

But sulking and whining about "angry trolls" and how unfair it is his advert was moved to the adverts section... Meh!

And every time you post you just prove him right, have to have the last word to provoke. I'd suggest the OP take Hunter Sterns  and let this die.  

• Like 4

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 2328 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.