So I guess....

Max Nova

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 2332 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

So I guess the best way to make friends is to go to a place where people are actually friendly, welcoming, looking to meet other people for friendship.... not sex,  not selling anything, not trying to bite you, not trying to rent you a house, hotel or a dragon, nor should they be looking for donations, trying to get you to join a cult or shave your butt and walk backwards on your elbows... and above all a place you don't need permission to be...  Aye that's the secret!

I know of such a place! Drunken Sailor Marina! No role play, no donations, no rentals, no memberships, no crap. Just a very international group of people who have become friends on Second Life who hangout, play with boats, sail, dance, chat and goof off and have a genuinely good time.

Broaden your horizons and meet people from around the world in friendship :D

http://maps.secondlife.com/secondlife/Rekall/178/235/21

drunken sailor.png

• Like 5

5 hours ago, BilliJo Aldrin said:

you left out the most important part.... is there a dress code?

OMG you're so right! That's because there isn't one per se :D

I guess I should have listed the rules too! this may help clear it up.

①  Do not violate Linden Labs Terms of Service (TOS)  -- This region is rated Moderate Parcel_lght_M.png --

②  This is NOT a sandbox -- please do not use it as such --

if you need a sandbox we have a small one here  http://maps.secondlife.com/secondlife/Rekall/128/241/3121  Please clean up after yourself.

③ Use common sense

④ Use common decency

I guess I should point to the common sense and common decency "rules" which sort of point to the fact that nowhere in the sim description does it say nude beach, a place to practice the art of flashing  or a place to pull your private bits out but... we are all adults and if for any reason anyone feels the need to do so I'm sure we will all have a laugh at the exposers expense.

There is a note card offered upon arrival but.. note cards pfft... who reads note cards 9_9

5 hours ago, BilliJo Aldrin said:

?

• Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

1 minute ago, Rhonda Huntress said:

So I can expect to be laughed at if I don't fit it?

I'm not sure where you read that, don't over analyse it, that was humour stemming from the fact if one were to show up at the office wearing a Batman costume in some cultures it may seem a bit out of place or silly and trigger a jocular response.

• Haha 1

40 minutes ago, Rhonda Huntress said:

So I can expect to be laughed at if I don't fit it?

I think you are over reacting, there is no place anyone said you would be laughed at if you do not "fit in", there was simply a joke implied about turning up unclothed in a moderate region that is not advertised as a nude beach or otherwise and pointed to the fact the people would not over react like most sims and eject you, ban you or light you on fire but would probably laugh instead, to me this would suggest a good nature sort of folks. As far as exposing yourself in public, I'm not sure what makes anyone think this this is ever alright in a public place or without consent but again the point was made in jest.

• Like 1

Well as an artist, who has from time to time produced some hopefully tasteful images that include a nude figure, I must confess to having posed nude in some sims that technically were not designed to have people nude in them. I do avoid doing this in areas where very many people would notice though. So far no one has laughed at me for taking my clothes off.

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, BilliJo Aldrin said:

What does mean regarding your property?

Moderate Parcel_lght_M.png

Second Life's Moderate designation accommodates most of the non-adult activities common in Second Life. Dance clubs, bars, stores and malls, galleries, music venues, beaches, parks, and other spaces for socializing, creating, and learning all support a Moderate designation so long as they do not host publicly promoted adult activities or content and do not use adult search tags. Groups, events and classifieds that relate to this broad range of activities and themes generally should also be designated as Moderate.

Residents in these spaces should therefore expect to see a variety of themes and content. Stores that sell a range of content that includes some "sexy" clothing or objects can generally reside in Moderate rather than Adult regions. Dance clubs that feature "burlesque" acts can also generally reside in Moderate regions as long as they don't promote sexual conduct, for instance through pose balls (whether in "backrooms" or more visible spaces). However if any of these businesses uses adult-oriented search tags, the region may be categorized as Adult and blocked from appearing in non-Adult search.

30 minutes ago, WuShin said:

Moderate Parcel_lght_M.png

Second Life's Moderate designation accommodates most of the non-adult activities common in Second Life. Dance clubs, bars, stores and malls, galleries, music venues, beaches, parks, and other spaces for socializing, creating, and learning all support a Moderate designation so long as they do not host publicly promoted adult activities or content and do not use adult search tags. Groups, events and classifieds that relate to this broad range of activities and themes generally should also be designated as Moderate.

Residents in these spaces should therefore expect to see a variety of themes and content. Stores that sell a range of content that includes some "sexy" clothing or objects can generally reside in Moderate rather than Adult regions. Dance clubs that feature "burlesque" acts can also generally reside in Moderate regions as long as they don't promote sexual conduct, for instance through pose balls (whether in "backrooms" or more visible spaces). However if any of these businesses uses adult-oriented search tags, the region may be categorized as Adult and blocked from appearing in non-Adult search.

I'll be right over

:)

• Like 1

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 2332 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.