[RESOLVED?] Can't move, receiving error messages, getting logged out.

Majatek

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 2333 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

Question

EDIT 2: After trying the Lumiya viewer on a 4G network and doing a synchronised computer and network restart, everything seems to be working again.

Yesterday I've been getting this error message: "Darn. You have been logged out of Second Life. This region may be experiencing trouble. Please check your connection to the internet."

I'm using Blackdragon viewer, and every time I try logging in I'm unable to move or sit on in-world objects, but I can teleport to other areas and send/receive messages - until I'm forced to log out with the error message above. It usually takes less than a minute for my viewer to log me out of SL.

I tried clearing my AppData/Roaming folder, but that didn't fix anything, so I tried installing a fresh copy of Firestorm, but I'm still getting the same issue. Any help would be appreciated.

EDIT: The computer is a model VN7-593G-75AG Acer Aspire V 15 Nitro running 64 bit Windows 10. The same issue applies to the official viewer. Pinging the server I connect to with CMD results in no lost packets.

Edited by Majatek
Issue seemed to fix itself.

6 answers to this question

Ok, that's a good enough test.
Try logging into a different region & if that doesn't help, you'll need to troubleshoot your connection & connection hardware (router/modem/cable etc).

Powering off your router/cable modem for a few minutes & rebooting your computer may be all that's needed to fix it, so try that first,

Edited by Whirly Fizzle
typo

2 hours ago, Majatek said:

I tried clearing my AppData/Roaming folder, but that didn't fix anything, so I tried installing a fresh copy of Firestorm, but I'm still getting the same issue. Any help would be appreciated.

hands off your folders ....

check your connection, and try the official viewer ( if you need support they will ask for that anyway)

http://blog.nalates.net/2011/10/26/troubleshoot-your-sl-connection/

or... post also your system specs .. might have some info for the techie readers.

Ah, yeah, I realise that I didn't give enough technical information. Sorry about that.

The computer is a model VN7-593G-75AG Acer Aspire V 15 Nitro running 64 bit Windows 10.

Pinging the SL server in CMD returns no lost packets, and the official viewer has the same issue.

I'm not 100% sure on the stipulations (when it comes to SL and allowing users to create alts) and as such never created an alt, but I did get a friend to use my laptop to log in with their abandoned 10-year-old account with an inventory that's pretty much empty, and the same issue occurs.

I tried using the mobile-based Lumiya viewer on a 4G cellular network with my Sony Xperia X Compact. Problem seemed to have fixed itself.

After doing a synchronised restart for both my network and computer, I can use my viewers again. I have still no idea what happened, though.

• Like 1

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 2333 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.