Got nowhere to go and nobody to talk to!

MaggiJin

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 2320 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

1 minute ago, Zeta Vandyke said:

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Fishing

And yes, you can fish in SL :) (for price hunts)

If you are not into fishing though, there are a few topics here with people looking for for new friendships. If you send those all a message in game or on these forums you have a nice start.

well i know what fishing is in general i just didn't know it was a thing here.

I might try that tomarrow. right now i'm super tired O.o

Try joining some groups relating to your interests. It's a pretty decent way to get in touch with people with similar interests.

Also try to visit locations that match your interests, don't just go where the population is high. Go to clubs with music you like, or sims that resonate with you one way or another. If you're a beach bum, hang out at some tropical locations and you're sure to find other people just like yourself, and this goes for any theme/hobby/sim. Utilize the search engine to find Groups and Sims that interest you!

When all else fails, the Destination Guide can also be a decent tool for finding places to chill. The Featured Events and Editors Picks are usually updated pretty consistently, and feature new and interesting sims that tend to attract higher traffic. You can also usually find folks chilling at hubs like Ahern or Barbarossa, even though these are good for a chat, the likelihood of meeting "friends" in these places is not that high tbh....

I tend to explore a lot looking for places to take photos for my art, as for making friends I highly recommend sending random IMs to people you encounter in the same sim you are in, they won't bike, even if they want to they can't. Yes lots of these IMs will go no where, but some will turn into friendships.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Talligurl summed it up perfectly. I normally take the initiative to IM or local chat to spur people into conversations. A good 90-95% of these convos are a one-time thing, but as she said there is that very small, very worthwhile fraction that will become good friends. Basically, the best advice I can give is to not be shy when you are exploring.

I do very much what Saulgoodie is suggesting to you. I joined groups that are centered on my interests such as merfolk groups. That's how I know and can join events, gatherings for merfolks. I like bellydancing too so I joined a bellydance group and I'm geting notices when there's a party I can join.

While visiting clubs spinning my favorite music style, I've discovered that I totally love her playlist and since that I'm following her and joining her shows everytime I can. Etc etc...

6 hours ago, Talligurl said:

I highly recommend sending random IMs to people you encounter in the same sim you are in, they won't bike, even if they want to they can't.

Oh bleh but I love biking with my custom monster chopper.

• Like 1

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 2320 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.