Lux Voxel

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 2124 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

I understand people are bragging about how many cars you own and how many houses you have, then yes I live in La Jolla, California. I work in downtown, my taxes take 1/4 of my paycheck. But none of this has anything to do with Second Life land.

Please focus on the issue at hand here in understanding why Linden Labs isn't investing on their growth.

What does the new mainland decrease in price even mean for people?

2 minutes ago, Haggerty said:

What does the new mainland decrease in price even mean for people?

To me it means tempting people to fill all those plots of land laying empty and a knock on could be boost to sales of homes, landscaping and furniture items to fill the new land. 

• Like 2

7 minutes ago, Haggerty said:

Can someone tell me Lindens reasoning behind really wanting to give away mainland?

they don't give away mainland

8 minutes ago, Haggerty said:

I assume its on a set of massive servers that doesn't cost much to run. They want bang for their buck on this.

of course... and their employees, offices, development, taxes ... and lot of other things are totally free ? ... think again... it's no OS where every dwarf can set up a sim at his home pc.

9 minutes ago, Haggerty said:

Why don't they focus on private regions and the development of new private "friends only" sims.

every sim can be opened or blocked by his owner for any other account.. so it's there already... not sure what else you mean.

10 minutes ago, Haggerty said:

Some sort of growth factor I am missing here or not able to see?

yes... LL and SL aren't a charity, it's a business...

if you don't like how they run it, give them another model to get profit, they might be interested.

3 minutes ago, Alwin Alcott said:

they don't give away mainland

of course... and their employees, offices, development, taxes ... and lot of other things are totally free ? ... think again... it's no OS where every dwarf can set up a sim at his home pc.

every sim can be opened or blocked by his owner for any other account.. so it's there already... not sure what else you mean.

yes... LL and SL aren't a charity, it's a business...

if you don't like how they run it, give them another model to get profit, they might be interested.

Very useful information, thanks for spending time on replying like that.

Their new 10% is in effort to sell more mainland, I'm not going to ABC this for some people. Please contribute to an online forum with greater than yourself perspectives in mind. This generic don't give two shts answers wont cut it and we don't need to read something that is just going to make people dumber in the long run. 

Edited by Haggerty
Spelling
  • Haha 1

13 minutes ago, Haggerty said:

Their new 10% is in effort to sell more mainland, I'm not going to ABC this for some people. Please contribute to an online forum with greater than yourself perspectives in mind. This generic don't give two shts answers wont cut it and we don't need to read something that is just going to make people dumber in the long run. 

I can't tell if your post is a  swipe at my or Alwin's reply or a general demand for people to reply to a public forum in a way you personally want

• Like 1

IMO, the change was done to get people to buy up some of the vacant mainland, which I personally think is good for SL overall.  Additionally, it might encourage more Premium accounts.  Before, two Premium accounts only gave you 1024 sqm tier free and many people thought that wasn't really big enough to do much with and thus not really worth paying for two Premiums.  Now two Premium accounts can give you 2048 sqm tier free and if you truly save the stipends from the second account and sell them, then it is only costing you roughly $12/yr for the extra account.  This could encourage people to create more Premium accounts and buy larger plots of land.  Thus, more land gets owned and LL gets more Premium accounts from it.  Not to mention the boom to the economy on all the spending to landscape and furnish those larger plots.

Personally, I bought a much larger plot - might add a few more alts to help offset the tier cost some more - and now will be spending tons of L$  to landscape and funish my new location.

Edited by LittleMe Jewell
  • Like 4

• 3 months later...
On 3/17/2018 at 1:47 PM, LittleMe Jewell said:

xDxDxDxD

SL absolutely NEVER had that many people online at one time.  I'm not sure it ever broke 100,000 concurrent users and if it did, it wasn't by much.

The recent changes on Premium tier allotment and tier fee reductions, combined with the increase in prims per 512 a while back, are all actually very good changes that many of us like and will take advantage of.

So..... why are you still here?  

Can I have your stuff?

who says Im not already over there?  I can be here and there.  And you can have my stuff for a ridiculously huge price.

• Haha 1

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 2124 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.