Making Mesh Clothing question

DaisyKaye

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 2337 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

Yes mesh clothing templates are available in SL,  there are a few good mesh makers who sell their work full perm (not nearly as many as there used to be but still some good ones).  What you need to watch for is 1.  try a demo first before you buy as some of the better templates can be pricey.  2. Make absolutely certain you are buying from the creator, and not some low priced rip off illegal botted of the original.  3.  Look for templates that have specific mesh body fit mesh,  at least the top three or four for both men and women depending on what you are making.  4.  Do not over price or  under price your work when you are ready to sell..  If it is over priced folks will just pass you by, and if it is too cheap you get a rep for putting out cheap stuff, and piss off other creators using the same templates but charging reasonable prices.  

Start by looking on MP..  enter "full perm mesh clothing templates"  in the search and that will bring up pretty much what you are looking for (as well as a lot of stuff you are not looking for too lol).  Once you find a mesh maker you like and can trust, join their group and get info on new stuff as soon as it comes out.  

• Thanks 1

Thanks for the info. I have another question. I'd like to know if it is easy to put texture on these white mesh clothing templates? Is it something that will take awhile to learn? Do you need to know how to use Photoshop? Is there someone or someplace where I could learn from? Thanks

It will take some time to learn yes, and you will need a program like photoshop, gimp is one and it is free.  You will need to be able to apply your textures to the maps that are provided when you buy a mesh template.  You and to load those into your computer in order to access them to apply the textures.  I am self taught (been using photoshop for digital art since it came out so doing textures for mesh was no big deal for me)  so I have no idea if there are any videos to show you or not.. You could try Youtube might be someone has dome some.  So yes there will be a learning curve and the need for a graphics program.

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 2337 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.