Sign in to follow this  
Suella Ember

Grid status 'ticker' at the top of the community pages?

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 3387 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

Would it be possible to have some sort of grid status 'ticker' at the top of all forum pages, or at least a more obvious link to the grid status?

This may have been suggested before, but looking at Answers today prompted me to raise it again. There must be 10 questions asked in the last few hours about problems accessing web profiles and the "frame load interrupted by policy change" error. As this is addressed in the grid status, perhaps having the status more prominently displayed near the forums (and particularly Answers) would help to reduce repeat questions like this?

Agreed. Before this wasn't a problem because most people relied on their dashboard to look at latest posts and the grid status is also right there.

if people had more reason to look at their account dashboards they'd get the latest grid status there since people are looking to the forum for answers it would make sense to get some form of grid status here

Agreed, outsourced that host/server?  Seems that having eggs in different baskets might be trouble too:smileywink:

[uPDATED 10:15 am PDT] We have identified the cause of the issue as an external hosting provider problem. Please monitor this post for updates to this situation

Suella Ember wrote:

Would it be possible to have some sort of grid status 'ticker' at the top of all forum pages, or at least a more obvious link to the grid status?

This may have been suggested before, but looking at Answers today prompted me to raise it again. There must be 10 questions asked in the last few hours about problems accessing web profiles and the "frame load interrupted by policy change" error. As this is addressed in the grid status, perhaps having the status more prominently displayed near the forums (and particularly Answers) would help to reduce repeat questions like this?

Great feedback!  Noted!    :) 

Ciaran Laval wrote:

Pffft:

Lexie likes me better than you ... nerrr nerrrr nerrrr nerrrr! :smileytongue:

Hadn't noticed you'd suggested that before. If something like that does get implemented I suppose I'll let you take a little bit of the credit then (or at least bask in my reflected glory!)

DISCLAIMER FOR ANYONE WHO THINKS I'M BEING A **BLEEP** : I'm just having a bit of fun with Ciaran because I know he can take it, and give it back in the same good natured humour too! :smileywink:

Qwalyphi Korpov wrote:

I'd be happy if there was a reliable link to the dashboard from the forums.

I dunno about reliable, but there is a link that will do that *IF* you are also logged into the main site.... the secondlife logo above takes you there.... the problem is that single signon still doesn't work reliably, and so you have to sign in to each section of the secondlife property separately (jira, forums, wiki, marketplace)

Void Singer wrote:

unfortunately, that a problem of cross site openID.... single sign-on... isn't

I defeat the problem by staying signed in (usually to the Transaction History page) in another tab. That way when I click the SL logo up top, I go straight to my dashboard. (Of course, I could do the same from the other tab as well. *grin*)

I just want to drop my wholehearted agreement for this idea... since the forum changed to lithium, that is one downside, it is a lot harder to find the grid status info (which i check fairly regularly). Having it upfront & top as a ticker would be brilliant!

I've been getting to the grid status page by googling "grid status" cause that seems to be the fastest way to navigate to it currently is by leaving the SL site and just running a search for it.

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 3387 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.