Reporting griefers

AlexandriteGem

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 2314 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

5 minutes ago, AlexandriteGem said:

What happens after a report is filed? How long does it take to remove the griefer from the land or sim? Why is it that the avatar continues to harass even after reports have been filed? Does nothing happen to them at all?

1. Provided the report was properly filed, it gets examined
  2. Arbitrary but almost never immediate
  3. There's this thing called 'time' that has to transpire before any given report is read and acted upon - action is almost never taken immediately
  4. If improperly filed then yes, nothing at all will happen.

Oh and to add to this, Linden Lab will never tell you what actions - if any - they have taken in response to your report. The reported account may only get a slap on the wrist or a slight inconvenience (banned only for a few days) and you'd never actually know.

So yeah, all you can do is properly fill out a report and move on. Oh and do try not to file reports for events that do not directly affect you, those are far more likely to be sent to File 13.

• Like 4

2 minutes ago, NevaehHeartstrings said:

Does the Griefer end the conversation with.. " Your abusive message is permission to publish your chat!" ?

No, not at all.

merely I find myself having to report the same avatar for the same reasons for two days in a row now. Pushing me in G rated, no pushing sim

• Like 1

1 minute ago, AlexandriteGem said:

No, not at all.

merely I find myself having to report the same avatar for the same reasons for two days in a row now. Pushing me in G rated, no pushing sim

"No Push" is a simulator/parcel wide setting that restricts scripted movement based actions, it does not mean that an avatar is not allowed to walk up to you and move you around by bumping into you.

The latter action is only reportable if you have asked that they cease to do so.

2 minutes ago, AlexandriteGem said:

So you are telling me that if I do not include the copy and paste from a statement while being pushed to stop pushing me, then reporting it is pointless?

i would hardly call that griefing... just bloody annoying.

Not so sure LL wil really take action on that.

• Like 3

Just now, AlexandriteGem said:

Anyhow, how many times does an avatar need to be reported before action is taken on its account, beyond a slap in the wrist? How many reports get an account closed or placed on hold?

there is no amount of posts before LL jumps in, only serious break of TOS will bring action.

And they will never discuss about closing or hold accounts.

You will hear nothing about the outcome. Nothing...

• Like 1

As annoying as that can be(and I understand that it truly can be), it's not really a big deal to LL, nor should it be, they have much bigger fish to fry than someone that just bumps people. Plus, letting that person know they are annoying you, is only going to taunt them, giving them exactly what they want. If they know it gets your knickers in a twist, they aren't going to stop. No you don't have to "just stand there and take it", you have tools at your disposal to stop it, and I would highly recommend using them. Movelock works wonderfully, as does sitting down on something. Then mute, block, and completely ignore them. You won't have to deal with them again, and you don't even need LL to fix it for you :) 

• Like 4

35 minutes ago, AlexandriteGem said:

WOW, I should just stand there and take it or be driven out of the area over the annoyance of being pushed around, Alwin Alcott! 

As Tari said, and you were told in another thread, try Movelock. In Firestorm (which you use), the shortcut is Ctrl+Alt+P or Avatar->Movement->Movelock via the menu. Remember to use the same shortcut or menu item to turn Movelock off when you do want to move.

• Like 3

1 hour ago, AlexandriteGem said:

WOW, I should just stand there and take it or be driven out of the area over the annoyance of being pushed around, Alwin Alcott! 

Yes. Take your pick. LL is not going to intervene in schoolyard squabbles that you can easily deal with yourself. 

2 hours ago, AlexandriteGem said:

No, not at all.

You ARed someone for pushing you?

*rolls eyes*

Edited by BilliJo Aldrin
changed punctuation
  • Like 1
  • Haha 1

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 2314 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.