marketplace glitch

WittleBrit

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 2336 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

Question

I spent lindens & confirmed they were indeed taken!

as I relogged to confirm my balance!

now I looked & it said the said sender got the money yet I got no goods(my purchase)

I sent the seller an IM but no response & now I see marketplace is on the fritz for good Friday,

this really stinks as these are 1 day sales!

7 answers to this question

In my case I contacted the seller

gave them my purchase order #

but somehow linden labs took the money but that's where the glitch happened

the seller never got the order

& whats more she wanted me to buy it again

well, I am no fool, I said where do you think I got it from?

I did state in 24 hours I will be submitting a ticket

we cannot do anything until then & being this is/was black Friday

market place was a total disaster screwing up our currencies 

& our orders

8 hours ago, LunaSea Zeurra said:

I purchased Lindens from SL  the money was taken from my RL Bank Account but not delivered in SL.

Although there seem to be some problems with the SL servers, this is probably NOT that.  If you used the "Best Rate" (Limit Buy) option, then what you have done is make an OFFER to buy $L at some specified exchange rate.  When you do this, the money is taken by LL (which is why you see the deduction on your payment method) and held in escrow until the exchange rate moves in your favor and the order is filled.  If you selected an exchange rate that's unreasonable, your order might take a very long time to fill, or even never be filled.

If you want, you can cancel your order (LindeX section of your Dashboard>Manage>My Orders).  The money will go into your $USD account, and you can then use it to purchase $L at a more realistic rate, or instantly with a Market Buy.

For more information, see: http://acrossthegridwithlindal.blogspot.com/2017/09/trade-l-like-pro.html

I had the same issue, I tried to purchase an item a couple times, I got charged 3 times for it, but there's no transaction record on the marketplace, only my account home. Wasn't a huge amount of L$ so It's not a huge issue, just frustrating, seller said he didn't get the L$ or see anything pop up in their merchant home

• Administrators

Hey folks!

It looks like someone spilled some leftover Thanksgiving gravy, and there was a Billing Outage/Hiccup on 11/24/2017. This outage has resulted in some issues involving Marketplace Transactions not processing correctly.

We are aware of the issue and are currently investigating further so that it may be resolved as soon as possible. 

Sorry for the inconvenience!

• Like 1
  • Thanks 2
  • Haha 1

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 2336 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.