Mia017xx

Can I change my username?

Question

Hi everybody! Just wondering if I can change my username :$. I'd like to use a different email address and a new username. I'd like to use my real name. The one I'm using is just a random name I picked when I created the account. Thank you :)

5 answers to this question

Pam's right. Your user name and UUID are like your Social Security number and your birthday. You can't change them ever.  AND it's probably not a smart idea to use your real name as your user name either. That's an invitation to RL stalking, spoofing, spamming, and identity theft. Besides, Mia is a pretty name.  9_9

• Like 1
  • Thanks 2

Kind of like how some states don't let you change your birth certificate. c_c Well, I'm sure it's not quite like that because I believe the sterling character of LL wouldn't harbor such regressive sentiment, but it does seem as though it is a bit unfortunate. It's as though it has not occurred to anyone that there may in fact be an identity-based need for account name changes on SecondLife. I think the assumption must be that because I "could" just walk away from a fourteen-year-old account and start over with a new one, this is all just fine, but that seems a bit unrealistic too.

My name is actually Chroma Key, and this preposterous system denies me endlessly. Just look at it.

Edited by Chromal Brodsky
updated