Can I change my username?

Mia017xx

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 2228 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

Question

5 answers to this question

Pam's right. Your user name and UUID are like your Social Security number and your birthday. You can't change them ever.  AND it's probably not a smart idea to use your real name as your user name either. That's an invitation to RL stalking, spoofing, spamming, and identity theft. Besides, Mia is a pretty name.  9_9

• Like 1
  • Thanks 2

Kind of like how some states don't let you change your birth certificate. c_c Well, I'm sure it's not quite like that because I believe the sterling character of LL wouldn't harbor such regressive sentiment, but it does seem as though it is a bit unfortunate. It's as though it has not occurred to anyone that there may in fact be an identity-based need for account name changes on SecondLife. I think the assumption must be that because I "could" just walk away from a fourteen-year-old account and start over with a new one, this is all just fine, but that seems a bit unrealistic too.

My name is actually Chroma Key, and this preposterous system denies me endlessly. Just look at it.

Edited by Chromal Brodsky
updated

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 2228 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.