AlexandriteGem

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 2332 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

If you're using Firestorm viewer then use the MOVE LOCK function. If you're using LL viewer then you can get a MOVE LOCK HUD inexpensively.

I'll not go into details about what it is or how it works (4 AM in the morning me, still waking up)  other than to say: It locks you down and no one can push you. Others can tell you how to turn it on in Firestorm if they're inclined. The old-fashioned way is to sit on something, anything. While seated no one can push you, unless it is a vehicle that turns physical when you sit on it.

• Like 4
  • Thanks 1

On 11/24/2017 at 9:00 AM, AlexandriteGem said:

Thank you. Indeed I am in FS

CTRL+ALT+P toggles the Firestorm movelock on or off.

You are correct, merely muting and de-rendering a person does not keep them from physically shoving you.  Use the movelock, sit on something, or (my favorite) go elsewhere.

Edited by Lindal Kidd
  • Thanks 1

On 11/24/2017 at 2:34 PM, AlexandriteGem said:

Avatars that I block and derender can still push me, not stopping the aggravation. What can be done to impair this_ I report them but it takes too long to get them off my case, if at all.
How can I stop a blocked avatar from pushing me?

Derendering an avatar what you don't want to see is just like putting your head inside a bag :ph34r:.
You cannot see them, they still can see you and interact physically with you. They can talk about you in general chat and you don't see what they are saying.

5 minutes ago, Coby Foden said:

Derendering an avatar what you don't want to see is just like putting your head inside a bag :ph34r:.

Not really since putting your head in a bag prevents you from seeing everything.  Plus everyone knows immediately that you have a bag on your head.

Blocking an avatar removes just the avatar from view and no one knows if I have them blocked or not.  I can also still see their name tag and thus can simply move away if they come near.

• Like 1

On ‎11‎/‎24‎/‎2017 at 7:34 AM, AlexandriteGem said:

Avatars that I block and derender can still push me, not stopping the aggravation. What can be done to impair this_ I report them but it takes too long to get them off my case, if at all.
How can I stop a blocked avatar from pushing me?

You can also sit down on something. This essentially "attaches" you to the thing.

The movelock works ok but they can still move you a bit and then you pop back into your spot. Best trick I found is to find a stand animation that overrides the default ground sit animation.  Some will work and some wont, I think its based on the priority level during creation,..anyway,....Do a ground sit then play the stand animation. Looks like your standing but technically your avi is sitting and they cant move you at all. woot! :D

Edited by Zsigmond Alcott
  • Like 1

So, I did use the movelock yesterday and found it works to keep me in place.
I went to help, bumps pushes and hits and located the avatar that was pushing me and reported it. 

However, I could not see her even in the minimap. I could not get the offending avatar in the snapshot for the report. Why is that? The sim administrator could see her and banned her, but I could not see her as she was pushing me. What happened, and how can I prevent that from happening again?

6 minutes ago, AlexandriteGem said:

So, I did use the movelock yesterday and found it works to keep me in place.
I went to help, bumps pushes and hits and located the avatar that was pushing me and reported it. 

However, I could not see her even in the minimap. I could not get the offending avatar in the snapshot for the report. Why is that? The sim administrator could see her and banned her, but I could not see her as she was pushing me. What happened, and how can I prevent that from happening again?

You said you de-render them right? I never used that function but my guess is that would be the reason you did not see her?

• Like 1

26 minutes ago, Zeta Vandyke said:

You said you de-render them right? I never used that function but my guess is that would be the reason you did not see her?

At the beginning of the thread Alexandrite made it clear the offending avatar had been derendered. 

That is the exact reason the avatar does not show up on the minimap or in snapshots of any kind. You cannot track or take a picture of someone you have derendered. 

No. These came out of the blue. I did not block or derender them. I could not even see them in the minimap to select them. I only accessed their profiles when they laughed at me in chat.
Something made them completely invisible while they attacked me, except their actions were logged in the pushes report.

And I can still see derendered avatars in the minimap, as gray dots. These were not visible at all to me, but fortunately the admin could see them and banned them

Edited by AlexandriteGem
correct typos

I am talking about avartars that were NOT derendered. So this is not the exact reason why I can not see them. This is a completely new situation.
And like I previously said, you can still spot derendered avatars in the minimap, as gray dots.

There is another reason why these two griefers were completely invisible and I could only spot their names when they wrote in chat and in the help menu, under pushes, bumps etc.

One can cover their body with an alpha and look invisible, though I think they would still show up as a green dot on the mini-map, and their nametag should still be visible (unless you've turned off displaying nametags in preferences).  If they were alpha'd out, perhaps they can be seen by turning on 'highlight transparent' though I've never tried this so I'm not sure. 

If these are different people than the ones you de-rendered previously, and they are also laughing at you and pushing you,  what is it about this location that draws you there (or keeps you there)?  There are many, many more places to visit in SL which do not have these types of behavior happening. 

The invisible avatar and pushing sounds like something others have complained about at the various Social Islands. If that's where you've been, the best way to handle the Social Islands is to go to the portal section and go somewhere else as soon as you can. The private help groups have better policed areas and offer much more than can be found on the Social Islands.

I was in a public, Spanish speaking sim. 
What keeps me going back? It offers good events and activities, and not everyone is bad. But obviously someone got a hold of some tools to get around SLs mini map detection.

I also thought they wore just the alpha. But the bumping was recorded in the help menu under that category and that was how I was able to report it.

Assuming no blocking and de-rendering/blacklisting is going on, unless something new has come along as best i know it's possible to be visibly completely invisible (nothing not even name tag on show) all you want but you are never invisible to mini-map, radars, chat, bumps, pushes & hits log or anything that logs your presence in a sim. When i was still allowed in Linden Realms it was not uncommon in the lucrative sims to see or rather not see an incognito Av sat in prime position to block the maximum number of crystals from rezzing unlucky for them they were always visible on mini-map and/or my radar would say xyz resident has entered chat range 

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 2332 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.