Sign in to follow this  
TheG0t

Never give up

I started playing second life in 2007, I have a few accounts I use to build and sell products.Over the years I have learned many things in second life.At one point I can say I have cashed out amounts to pay my monthly real-world living cost and felt a real sense of pride in my second life endeavors.One thing did not find until recently was love,  my lack of real-world social skills definitely showed in my second life. I was just as much of a loner here as I am in the real-world and thought my second life glass ceiling was found. July of 2016 I lost both my parents to cancer 7 months apart, I found my self-lost and alone in both worlds. One Friday night  I attend a live music show in Second Life and I am so glad I did after one of the musicians message me to make a simple compliment on my avatar.I sit here one year and 4 months later married in the real world to her, I moved from the US to the UK and now am applying for our marriage visa so I can live here.Second life has given so much to me over the years and I feel very lucky for the platform.When I first started playing I was an under the table paid  maintenance man, 10 years later I can compile c++, script, understand PHP databases, a associates degree in computer science I paid from SL cash outs, own an animation suit, learned how to pay my bills with my mind and not my back, and now I found real love and have someone in my life every day bound by marriage.So never give up on finding your love in Second life .

• Like 15
  • Thanks 5

40 minutes ago, TheG0t said:

Second life has given so much to me over the years and I feel very lucky for the platform.When I first started playing...

How can you still use the term "playing"? ;)

• Like 1

I also discovered SL in 2007.  I was one of those who wasn't "looking" but it happened anyways.  We met in SL in 2010.  We met face to face in 2011.  We were married in 2013.

We met at a dance club.  He was a noob who walked in (a  noob who was capable of stringing full words together into sentences).  I had a soft spot for noobs.  The rest is now history.  We just celebrated our 4th wedding anniversary while moving into the new home we purchased.  Real life is good.  Second Life is where we met.  

Edited by Lilliput Little
clarification
  • Like 3