Weird server behaviour

Rachel1206

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 1351 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

Anyone else who experience the following:

• AO - default and attached does not start after login and after TP to other SIM - have to stop and revoke permissions, turn off/on AO
  • Scripts/NC not saved, timeout error
  • Linking objects and positioning them, then the last linked objects moves in another position
  • Zero set prim of linked objects only moves some linked object correct to <0.0, 0.0, 0.0>

And thanksgiving extended weekend... :( - but anyway happy thanksgiving to you all .

19 minutes ago, Rachel1206 said:

AO - default and attached does not start after login and after TP to other SIM - have to stop and revoke permissions, turn off/on AO

Confirmed. This problem haunts me since almost 11 years. But like you said, its easy to fix with 2 clicks.

4 hours ago, Rachel1206 said:

AO - default and attached does not start after login and after TP to other SIM - have to stop and revoke permissions, turn off/on AO

Are you using the Firestorm client AO?
There is known bug with the Firestorm AO - it won't animate your avatar after login until you walk your avatar - one step is enough to kick it into action.

I've never seen this happen with a HUD based AO.

On 11/23/2017 at 7:50 PM, Whirly Fizzle said:

I've never seen this happen with a HUD based AO.

No client AO, but all my 3 different AO from respected makers same symptoms.  Just as I write, no log-in into SL possible (my location Northern Europe) , what I experienced earlier was clearly the prelude to the problems now manifesting it self on the servers.

Update: 20171123, 2:00 PM SLT

Now all modify rights on own objects and own created objects gone - cannot even make or edit a notecard! I better sit down and do NOTHING :ph34r:

Update: 20171124

Normal things again, can edit, move, AO works etc.  What caused what I experienced as described above, I wonder about. But right now I'm happy, nothing lost and no longer nervous glares at the inventory :)

Edited by Rachel1206
Update

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 1351 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.