Where to find good mesh head?

KillerMunchies

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 2312 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

Bento is a type of rigging that gives extra bones to the hands, face and also adds a tail. So you can find hands and heads that are rigged for bento.

lelutka, you spelled right and it should come up in search in world. I’m not sure about MP. There are also other heads you could demo: genesis lab, logo, akeruka ( sp?), and gaeline.

Catwa has the most support, followed by lelutka and genesis lab is starting to get more support.

keep demoing until you find the right one for you.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, janetosilio said:

Bento is a type of rigging that gives extra bones to the hands, face and also adds a tail. So you can find hands and heads that are rigged for bento.

lelutka, you spelled right and it should come up in search in world. I’m not sure about MP. There are also other heads you could demo: genesis lab, logo, akeruka ( sp?), and gaeline.

Catwa has the most support, followed by lelutka and genesis lab is starting to get more support.

keep demoing until you find the right one for you.

Thank you! I saw a few that I liked at Catwa but I currently don't have enough Lindens for it so I will keep looking

2 hours ago, Zeta Vandyke said:

If you don't mind not having a Bento animated head (they are 5k ish) you can get the old style mesh heads for 600 at Catwa, dont know other brand prices. They are still beautiful and full support, just not customizable like Bento.

One of those pre bento Catwa heads is my favorite head.

20 hours ago, angeoco said:

The OP mentioned Normie from Utilizator, so I looked it up and got a demo, and it really is a nice Bento head with built-in Omega for 500 lindens. Its features are a bit sparse but what is there seems well chosen. Definitely worth a look.

In fact I like Normie so much I bought it! Compatibility seems to be one of its main aims, as it uses the system UV and aligns with system eyes, responds well to shape sliders, and has Omega built-in. And it has modify permissions, to make techie tinkerers happy. The HUD is quite basic; the only cosmetic features are shape/size of eyebrows and lashes, and just 7 animations. So you might want to invest in makeup appliers and an expressions HUD.

I have also noticed a few heads based on Meli Imako's full-perm Rooth, such as one called Melissa and the Ocacin heads, which are also low-priced and reminiscent of Normie's looks.

12 hours ago, Avalyn Valeska said:

Glad I saw this post! I had tried a few mesh heads and really had not found one that I liked. Then I saw the suggestion of Genesis Lab and can I just say WOW??!!! Love love love the Bento head that I got there, just beautiful!

I have looked at Genesis Lena before, and must agree it is beautiful, but I didn't go with it at the time.

Edited by angeoco

On 11/23/2017 at 11:02 AM, Zeta Vandyke said:

If you don't mind not having a Bento animated head (they are 5k ish) you can get the old style mesh heads for 600 at Catwa, dont know other brand prices. They are still beautiful and full support, just not customizable like Bento.

Where can I get the old styled catwa head? I went in store and I didn't see any that price range or in the market place.

On 11/23/2017 at 2:58 PM, angeoco said:

The OP mentioned Normie from Utilizator, so I looked it up and got a demo, and it really is a nice Bento head with built-in Omega for 500 lindens. Its features are a bit sparse but what is there seems well chosen. Definitely worth a look.

I have the demo but I don't know how exactly it works. I guessed it was best for people who like to mod?

1 hour ago, norajulian said:

This is a great resource to utilize when searching for your "perfect head" : http://meshbodyaddicts.com/
It includes a comparison chart to see what you might want out of your head, and skins that are applicable for the head (although generally folks use the omega system for applications - so skins are VERY easy to find!)

Thank you so much for this!

7 hours ago, KillerMunchies said:

Where can I get the old styled catwa head? I went in store and I didn't see any that price range or in the market place.

In the main store, there's a wall with new Bento heads, the wall on the other side of the room has old mesh heads

• Like 1

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 2312 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.