On-screen huds unresponsive in every sim after rolling restart

MarshaFragrant

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 2318 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

Question

All the on-screen huds I was wearing when caught in the rolling restart yesterday are now unresponsive to clicks. The right-click menu has Touch grayed out. Also, the talkers in them no longer work when I log on, like they don't start up.

It has nothing to do with the sim I am in.  I am not wearing something covering my screen.

Most of these do not have permissions set for me to 'Refresh Scripts'.

I can detach and re-attach them, but they appear to be corrupted in some way.  Other huds I was not wearing at the time appear to work correctly when I newly attach them.  Is it possible something got corrupted on the server side?

if theyre corrupted, its like $2000L worth of huds

3 answers to this question

It does sound as if those HUDs are not scripted to reset as you attach them.  If they are stuck in a non-responsive state and cannot be reset, the quickest way to repair them may be to contact the creator and ask for advice.  If you ask politely, I would expect most creators to offer you a replacement, especially if you have a record of your purchase.  Give it your best shot.

Incidentally, this is one of the best reasons for keeping a backup copy of scripted objects, if you can.

2 hours ago, Rolig Loon said:

Incidentally, this is one of the best reasons for keeping a backup copy of scripted objects, if you can.

Understatement.

Especially HUDs. Things that are rezzed are no big deal because they are usually Copy, but HUDs you wear and when worn it is the same as rezzing. If it comes in a box I always create a folder called "Backup" into the folder where it unpacks to and puy that box there. If it doesn't come in a box (a loose folder is given from a vendor or Market Place) the first thing I do is created a folder called Backup and COPY everything into that folder *before* a wear a HUD for the first time.

I do not want to sound condescending, I explain this simply because a lot f people just never thought to do it.

I suspect the scripts in the worn attachments got set to not running when you were disconnected.
Probably a varient of this bug: BUG-41379 - Script (running) state is lost when logged out during forced teleport

As Qa said above, it's a good idea to keep a backup of attachments if they are copyable with no mod scripts.

If the scripts in the broken attachments are mod, you will be able to open the script & tick the "Running" box.
If the scripts are no mod & the attachment is copy/no trans, hopefully you can get a redelivery from the creator.
If the scripts are no mod & the attachment is no copy/trans, you may be able to get the original creator to replace it if you pass them the broken item.

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 2318 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.