Suddenly Unassociated products

Deadly Bunny

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 2221 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

23 hours ago, Deadly Olivier said:

I hope they fix it by next week. Wow this is just crazy.

I'm starting to think there's something else going on. So maybe they have been deliberately removing items associated with certain keywords, because... (you fill it in yourself)

I'm probably wrong, but one can only guess. It's not like they give much information to go on. 

If were still in begin 90s, it might have been a harddrive failure, but in 2017 that's out of the question.

So, what's going on? And why does it take so long to get it fixed?
At least tell us something?

3 hours ago, Saii Hallard said:

I'm starting to think there's something else going on. So maybe they have been deliberately removing items associated with certain keywords, because... (you fill it in yourself)

Then the could have delisted the item and send e-mail.now it's very hard to bring it back in the store.

Besides, i have not used much keywords or strange ones. I dont think it's keywords always.

It is hard to believe – or it would be if we were dealing with any other company – that after all this time They have absolutely no clue to report, they have discovered absolutely nothing they can tell us.

Like, what triggered this? Have they any idea the cause?

Edited by Pamela Galli

just to update dec 4th, I've got same list of 27 products sitting in Unassociated so , no recovery as yet of listings of mine that were deleted by LL.

OTOH, in CasperTech chat the other day, Casper indicated he had been able to get LL to recover/restore his deleted listings. This apparently was by dint of,  and I quote, 'nagging and submitting tickets ++'.. soo, in order to see some action I guess we need to nag and submit one ticket after another about our deleted listings until LL sees fit to do something about restoring them.

The one positive note I can see is, they apparently WERE able to recover the listings they had deleted.

• Like 1

36 minutes ago, Dellybean North said:

just to update dec 4th, I've got same list of 27 products sitting in Unassociated so , no recovery as yet of listings of mine that were deleted by LL.

OTOH, in CasperTech chat the other day, Casper indicated he had been able to get LL to recover/restore his deleted listings. This apparently was by dint of,  and I quote, 'nagging and submitting tickets ++'.. soo, in order to see some action I guess we need to nag and submit one ticket after another about our deleted listings until LL sees fit to do something about restoring them.

The one positive note I can see is, they apparently WERE able to recover the listings they had deleted.

Thanks Delly -- would have been nice if LL considered it worth their time to post this important information. >:(

6 hours ago, Pamela Galli said:

It is hard to believe – or it would be if we were dealing with any other company – that after all this time They have absolutely no clue to report, they have discovered absolutely nothing they can tell us.

Like, what triggered this? Have they any idea the cause?

I expect we will see a "very personal" post that mentions "Shrek horns".  This works well to get us to think about the human factor - PEOPLE work at LL, they make mistakes and are held accountable for it. It just takes longer sometimes.

13 minutes ago, Love Zhaoying said:

I expect we will see a "very personal" post that mentions "Shrek horns".  This works well to get us to think about the human factor - PEOPLE work at LL, they make mistakes and are held accountable for it. It just takes longer sometimes.

No one has suggested otherwise. What I have suggested is for them to keep us informed regularly and frequently, even if only to say they are still looking for a cause/solution/whatever.  I have found that my own customers are very forgiving when I am looking for a solution to a problem, as long as I keep them informed. 

• Like 1

I noticed on the grid status site that there was a problem over the last few days with Linden homes being abandoned.  Perhaps that took precedence over the Marketplace issue. It would make sense, since potentially a lot more Linden home "owners" could be affected than Marketplace sellers. 

I got my items restored but it still say (no version folder). Im trying to figure out how to put something in it because it keep saying

1 error prohibited this product from being saved

There were problems with the following fields:
There must be a link to inventory

Not sure why but its kinda confusing.

I just got my items restored too. First I went on viewer, Avatar / Marketplace listings. There were new empty folders with a number like "Kool stuff (1185278)" aside the unlisted folder "Kool stuff" without number but containing the object to sell. I dragged the object from folder without number to folder with number (the folder just restored by LL I suppose). Then clicked Activate on this folder. Only after that I went to the web page to Manage listings, clicked List, and the page was restored with everything, including the reviews and stars !  Later I returned to viewer and deleted the now empty folders without numbers.

• Like 4
  • Thanks 1

2 hours ago, Kool Mekanic said:

I just got my items restored too. First I went on viewer, Avatar / Marketplace listings. There were new empty folders with a number like "Kool stuff (1185278)" aside the unlisted folder "Kool stuff" without number but containing the object to sell. I dragged the object from folder without number to folder with number (the folder just restored by LL I suppose). Then clicked Activate on this folder. Only after that I went to the web page to Manage listings, clicked List, and the page was restored with everything, including the reviews and stars !  Later I returned to viewer and deleted the now empty folders without numbers.

So you had to figure out this workflow for getting things restored? No direction from Linden Lab? 

:o

• Like 2

@Pamela Galli I got a comment on my ticket saying in short: "review all your settings for your product before relisting", but no such detail. Then I saw in viewer that folders were duplicated, however with a slightly different name (not counting the ID number). Now I wonder if the delisting didn't happen to items on which I had modified the name in past, for instance changing initial "Door script" to "Door roleplay script" and at some point the servers have messed old and new names. That's just a supposition. Maybe it was something else and others people may find their original folder directly. Anyhow it is best to check the Marketplace listings in viewer first.

2 hours ago, Kool Mekanic said:

Now I wonder if the delisting didn't happen to items on which I had modified the name in past, for instance changing initial "Door script" to "Door roleplay script" and at some point the servers have messed old and new names. That's just a supposition.

I don't think it's that because I renamed almost all of my listing names (adding FULL PERM) to the name, and only 4 were unlisted, and only for one of them I didn't change the name.

Now I wonder whether I should file a ticket, too... I already relisted the items manually and there were no reviews on them yet. Did you (any of you) have to mention the listing IDs or did LL find out themselves which ones to restore?

I got 4 of my 5 missing listings restored last night.

The difference between the restored 4 items and the 1 they did not restore, is that I did not know the URL for that last listing. I had only 4 urls for them,  because I link to my PG and moderate MP listings from my website http://www.dutchie.design/ but not to adult listings.

So I guess that means they are only restoring listings for merchants that:
1) noticed their listings had disappeared
2) have filed a ticket, posted here or found any other way to to get attention
3) managed to include the urls to their listings in that ticket.

It seems they are solving all these cases individually, not fixing the whole problem for all missing listings, reported or not. 

I'm going to wait 24 hours to see if the listings stick and back to my ticket to ask what they are doing about the 5th listing. Not holding my breath.

My workflow to getting the listings back online (thanks Kool, helped me a lot): 
- while in SL, copy  the object inside the unassociated listing to a folder in your inventory
-copy the object from your inventory to the new folders with numbers in the Unlisted category
-right click the object to activate
-then manage listings on the webpage and set them to listed 

Edited by Froukje Hoorenbeek
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

9 hours ago, Froukje Hoorenbeek said:

So I guess that means they are only restoring listings for merchants that:
1) noticed their listings had disappeared
2) have filed a ticket, posted here or found any other way to to get attention
3) managed to include the urls to their listings in that ticket.

Very possible, it is what I did (ticket with urls)

10 hours ago, Shuichi Shinji said:

Did you (any of you) have to mention the listing IDs

The original urls are in Merchant Home everywhere you can see your product name: Orders / Transaction history / View order, or Reports / Top selling products. Then right click on a product name, "Copy link", that's the urls ending with the ID number

• Like 1

So, just to report in, I got my listings restored yesterday evening. Earlier in the day I had submitted a list of the urls connected with my support ticket. As Richardus points out, Top Selling Products is a good place to track down your missing listing and Copy Link the url from that. It was a bit time consuming but worked well enough. Dakota Linden forwarded my listing info on to the team and within a few hours all my listings were restored as (no version folder) listing folders with ID numbers, in my Unlisted tab.

From there I just Cut the version folder from the numberless Item folders sitting in my Unassociated tab and pasted them into the correct numbered folder in the Unlisted tab. Right click on the version folder and Activate and then was able to preview them from the Manage Listings page on the website. All looked correct and I then Listed them.

I hope they don't do this again.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

• Moderators

Greetings all!

I am sorry that I was not able to update the thread earlier, and I see that some of you are/were rightfully not happy about that. 

Completely my bad! I cannot promise it will not happen again in the future, but I do promise to try my best to make sure that forum threads about Marketplace issues are updated as well.

1.  The issue is not still happening. This is the good news.  

2. It is far, far, easier for the devs to locate and restore the missing product listings if you have the URL for the listing, or at least the Item ID Number (the number at the very end of the url).  Grabbing the link from the Best Selling list in an excellent suggestion. Mine was to look up sales history and pull the url from the summary. I am sorry that I made some users work more for the links.  :(

3. The sole reason for restoring the listings is to preserve sales history and reviews.  If you have a listing that disappeared for an item that never sold and does not have any reviews, you can create a new listing for the item or items at any time.  And no, items relisted for this reason are not subject to being removed for being deleted and relisted content. 

4. Restored listings may not be linked on the Marketplace to the items in your inventory, and unfortunately, some other information may be missing, like category selection.  If you try to list/activate the restored listing from the Marketplace web site, the system may generate the error messages.  As noted in a few of the comments above.  The best way to activate/list the item for the restored listing is through your Marketplace Listings UI Window in the viewer.  This will ensure that the item in the folder is linked back to the restored listing on the site. You can then review the listing to ensure everything is okay, or update any missing information, etc. 

5. If you have not, or you know someone who has not, submitted a Support Case/Ticket for their items, PLEASE do so now.  The sooner that happens, the faster we can get the listings restored for them. 

5a. So what does Support need in the cases/tickets?  Just a URL list for the missing listings.  It is not necessary to provide the names, since the names are in the URL itself.  It is also far easier to copy/paste a list of URL's to the devs instead of having to copy/paste each url one at a time. 

The devs are currently able to restore reported listings by the end of the day on the day it is reported.  This obviously will not hold true on Saturdays and Sundays.  Which is another reason why it is important to get any reports in as soon as possible. Once the weekend arrives, all reports will wait until Monday.  And we are fast approaching the holidays as well, and we would love to have everyone's listings restored long before that!

When you report the missing listings, and the devs have them restored, I, personally, will reply to your Support Case/Ticket to let you know they have been restored.  Please keep in mind though that my work day ends before the dev's.  So if you do not have a reply near the end of the day, please look for the listings on your Manage Listings page on the Marketplace web site to see if they have been restored already.  They may have been restored after I left for the day, but before the dev's left.  

Again, sorry all that I didn't get back into here to provide an update sooner. Hope the above information/update helps!

• Like 4
  • Thanks 2

23 minutes ago, Dakota Linden said:

When you report the missing listings, and the devs have them restored, I, personally, will reply to your Support Case/Ticket to let you know they have been restored.

I submitted my list of missing items 7 days ago, and have been checking my Markteplace store on a daily basis waiting for the items to reappear where I assumed they would, back in my Marketplace Store.
After reading the above, despite not having received a reply to my Ticket letting me know that the items have been restored, I found them in Inventory-Manage Listings all are flagged as " (no version folder)" presumably I will now be able to re-list them  via the Viewer.

So even if you have not heard from Dakota, check your Inventory-Manage Listings they may be there.

• Moderators
15 hours ago, ab Vanmoer said:

I submitted my list of missing items 7 days ago, and have been checking my Markteplace store on a daily basis waiting for the items to reappear where I assumed they would, back in my Marketplace Store.
After reading the above, despite not having received a reply to my Ticket letting me know that the items have been restored, I found them in Inventory-Manage Listings all are flagged as " (no version folder)" presumably I will now be able to re-list them  via the Viewer.

So even if you have not heard from Dakota, check your Inventory-Manage Listings they may be there.

Hello Ab!

I replied to your ticket on Monday letting you know the items were restored.  Did you not get that reply? :(

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 2221 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.