Suddenly Unassociated products

Deadly Bunny

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 2221 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

As I wrote above, it seems to me that relisting without making it active yet or relisting without adding keywords might work. Whether it's a good idea in case of a potential rollback or recovery of the lost listings by other means is another story...

Did they give you no hint what to do.. except "sit back and wait"?

Edited by Shuichi Shinji
Fixed typo.

Hi,

my MP listings are disappearing.

Earlier this week I had 402 listings in my marketplace store. I checked because I deleted a few and added 2 new listings this week, 2 saunas.

Today I find I have only 397 listings. I found the 5 items back in the unassociated folder. I can relist these etc, but I would lose rank, ratings etc, plus it would look like I made these older designs recently.

I have no idea why it's these 5 listings. All 5 items have copy and mod rights, but no transfer rights for the next owner. One is adult, the rest are PG rated. 2 are scripted, the others have no script. 

4 hours ago, Saii Hallard said:

I really wish everyone a good time and happiness, and understand holidays are a much needed break.

However, you just don't break things and then walk away, that's just morally wrong and gives a strong message to your customers, albeit the wrong one.

I realize this sounds Scrooge like – unless you are facing irretrievable loss of both time and money.  This problem seems to be spreading like a virus. It needs to be stopped without delay, even if some people have to work part of a holiday. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

4 hours ago, Shuichi Shinji said:

As I wrote above, it seems to me that relisting without making it active yet or relisting without adding keywords might work. Whether it's a good idea in case of a potential rollback or recovery of the lost istings by other means is another story...

Did they give you no hint what to do.. except "sit back and wait"?

I received no hint, but i did not ask for that though,.... My question was specifically if they are working on it, which was confirmed. But again, there's no evidence to support that claim, quite the contrary.

Given that there's still no reply to my tickets, there's no reply here on this forum from a Linden, nothing happening on the Marketplace other than just magically removing items every day for 5 days in a row already, I don't think the lights are on at Linden Office.

It's quite concerning.

Edited by Saii Hallard

13 hours ago, Saii Hallard said:

However, you just don't break things and then walk away, that's just morally wrong and gives a strong message to your customers, albeit the wrong one.

Well, they have a record there, lol. Any hope for things turning to the better after 15 years of abusing customers as experimental rats has been shattered - once again. It´s hopeless.

Btw, support (today) asked mor for a "time stamp of the email notification" i got on the delisting. BUT: I never got an email notification. I told them the same on tuesday. Same agent. Same issue. Same bug. Amazing.

Edited by Vivienne Schell

• Moderators

Hi All!

In order to try to group the reports and issues into one thread, I have merged 3 threads that were reporting the same issues with the missing Product Listings into the oldest one. 

There is an update posted to the SL Grid Status Report page, located here:

https://status.secondlifegrid.net/

Unfortunately, at this time, there is no information to report, other than the teams are working to resolve the issue as quickly as possible. 

If you have not yet received a reply to your Support Case/Ticket, we beg your patience while we work through the cases.  If your ticket was inadvertently closed without a reply, please feel free to re-open it at any time.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 2

On 11/26/2017 at 4:29 AM, Saii Hallard said:

I've talked to live help yesterday, who assured me they were working on it.

Though i have a hard time believing that, since when re-listing an item, it's removed again the next day.
Meaning that they have a script in place which is causing the removal of MP items. Logically it would be the first thing to remove, if they are really working on it.

I don't want to say this lovely lady from live help was lying to me; I really hope not. But if they are, there's seemingly not much going on.

No feedback, no reply to tickets, removal script is still in place, no help on what to do (should you relist or not?) and no indication on any progess on fixing this.

I really wish everyone a good time and happiness, and understand holidays are a much needed break.

Like that guy who was selling those DJ boards who vanished from SL for months without leaving instructions on how to reach him and when the boards broke due to a security change nobody knew where he was for weeks and his customers were wondering if their things were broken forever?

1 hour ago, Theresa Tennyson said:

Like that guy who was selling those DJ boards who vanished from SL for months without leaving instructions on how to reach him and when the boards broke due to a security change nobody knew where he was for weeks and his customers were wondering if their things were broken forever?

Ok, I admit, that first made me chuckle... but I think, there is a slight difference between a company that offers a service used by thousands of customers, some of which pay for it, and ensure its smooth operation - and a hobby scripter (however professional his work might be) who is on his own and has got a RL and didn't even break these things himself...

But also LL consists of real people (yes, I heard) and mistakes happen and they are working on it, even if we don't hear much. And yes, this issue is a pain in the ass and I can understand anyone who is upset, especially if selling in SL adds to their necessary RL income or if there's much work involved to relist all these items...

And don't forget that LL contacted Saii and he came back and fixed the boards in a matter of one day or so...

• Moderators
7 hours ago, Anke Hatchuk said:

I've also experienced 3 (copy/mod) items out of approximately 800 returning without notification to the Unassociated tab. Fearing more may also be just gone. Should I file a ticket?

Hi Anke!

At this time, it is not necessary to submit a support case or Bug Report if you have been affected.  The teams are currently using the information that they have already received in their investigation.

If this changes and the teams request more information from users, we will be sure to put out a call to everyone.  

• Like 2

On ‎28‎-‎11‎-‎2017 at 11:47 AM, Theresa Tennyson said:

I would appreciate it, if you just address me directly if it's about me.

I'm not sure if the sarcastic sneer is meant for me, because I could be reached all the time during my absence via a guy (Fabio) who kept doing support, my website has never been down and there's an email contact form on it, plus I have no knowledge about a security change that broke DJ boards; the boards i made have been working fine from 2007 until july 2017. I got many statements of people who used it for 10 years to back that up.

Nevertheless it might be a fair point to point out hypocritical conduct, if you don't know the details behind it.

I had no other choice than to take a break from SL, due to health issues and other RL stuff.
Don't forget we're talking about a time-span of nearly 11 years. 

And the difference is that I did not leave with stuff being broken. Not sure what the security change was you talk about, but for the recent URL access change (in July) that broke the DJ boards,  i've updated them well before that was implemented (grid-wide). After that i've upgraded everything to mesh, for free!, since i thought it was only fair for me being away for some time, although for the most part it was beyond my control. 

Edited by Saii Hallard

Same situation here, half of my items are still unlisted after 12 days. My ticket was closed saying to watch the grid status but this doesn't state much. I tried to re-associate a couple of items with their ID, no luck, it says the IDs are not found anymore. We really need back these items with years of reviews

• Like 1

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 2221 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.