Suddenly Unassociated products

Deadly Bunny

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 2220 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

1 hour ago, Vivienne Schell said:

Apparently, any copyable sales "package/box" containing one - or more -"no-copy"- item(s) (script, object, whatsoever) is affected by the massive bug they generated. In such a case it´s very likely that customers did not  get notified at all - and the entire "box/container" got wiped completely - along with the associated listing page...

In my case, that's not true - only listings containing one certain script (streaming server related) and exactly those listings, no others, were affected. All others of my items, also newly listed ones, are still there. I mostly sell full perm scripts, so none of these items contains anything "no copy" and they are ok. Also, the other contents of the affected listings were used in other listings as well and without issues, so they are likely not responsible.

Considering that Saii from SHX is massively affected, apparently also Vea products and other media-related things, I don't think this is a coincidence. I have no explanation for that, though, other scripts which use HTTP requests to contact a server are still listed, and I can't really think about a reason why only this one script of mine is affected.

In your case, maybe there are different issues surfacing here, so your items vanish because of something else... who knows.. it's just a guessing game ^^

48 minutes ago, Saii Hallard said:

Seems the've put a script in place that keeps doing it as well, because the items i've re-listed were gone again this morning.

I wonder if they are really gone on holiday, because that would just be wrong. Still got a hard time believing anyone would pull a stunt like that.

Yes, mine as well. I relisted them again, but did not set them active again yet (they appear as unlisted in the web interface, but they are associated), and also didn't open the MP listings in the viewer since relisting them. So far, they are still there...

Well Vivienne - let's hope that they aren't fired - then we *really* will be up a creek without a paddle - I HAVE NOTICED THIS PROBLEM for A long time I think the first blank item in my listings happened like in august of LAST YEAR... I have tried everything to get them removed - If the web team can get all those blank items off my merchant account listing. - OMG I will send them virtual hugs, kisses, and sugar!

1 hour ago, Vivienne Schell said:

Apparently, any copyable sales "package/box" containing one - or more -"no-copy"- item(s) (script, object, whatsoever) is affected by the massive bug they generated. In such a case it´s very likely that customers did not  get notified at all - and the entire "box/container" got wiped completely - along with the associated listing page...

In my case, I have unassociated items affected with full permissions like textures and notecards, but also copy only items. My no copy items are not affected.

6 hours ago, Shuichi Shinji said:

who knows.. it's just a guessing game

Apparently it is. Worst is that Linden Lab - judjing by their own comments on the issue - does not know what exactly happened and why.

And obviously they do not care that much at all and even if they would they do not seem to be able to fix it.

The same people run the Lindex, run a customer database and sit on whatever else sensible and confidental data.

Millions of Dollars pass through their channels month by month.

And they do not know what they are doing nor do they care much and go for a holiday.

/me shudders

Edited by Vivienne Schell

Well, they found a good fix last time with the HTTP request issue with streaming servers, so I still hope for the best ^^ I relisted one item again and activated it after filling out all details (again)... but I still avoided opening the MP listings inside the viewer afterwards.. and so far my listing is still there... However, I don't dare to open it now to see if this really is what causes the listings to be disassociated :-)

Edit: Now it vanished, without me opening the MP listings window.. but only the one that was listed/activated.. the others I relisted/associated are still there... associated, but unlisted/inactive (the naming of these terms is a little inconsistent, I hope you know what I mean).

Edited by Shuichi Shinji

13 minutes ago, Vivienne Schell said:

... nor do they care much and go for a holiday.

Would be just wrong if they did. Certainly seems like it, given the radio silence. But did they indeed?

Their problem will be though, that it will be unexplainable to say next monday that they cannot fix it. You don't need a week to make that assessment; that can be determined in a matter of hours.

I relisted 2 of my 'unassociated' items pulled from store. Nice that both sold and only to find out - no where to be found again.  Very strange no Lindens or moderators saying  anything. 5 more items disappeared today. LL are you LISTENING???  --- Its lost revenue for both LL and us the merchants!

Edited by Lostboyz Levee

I have relisted one of my items once again, but without adding features/description/keywords, but set it active and also opened the MP listings window in the viewer. The item is still there after hours - and so are my items that are inactive, but with features/description/keywords. So my guess is as follows:

- something in features/keywords triggers this
- it can't be the description because I use the exact same description in 2 other listings that are still there
- the listing needs to be active
- opening the MP listings window is not the cause
- it can even happen without being online
- other items listed on the same region at that same time are not affected
- so the region also doesn't matter
- since many media-related listings are affected, it appears logical they also used similar keywords

If I could comment on any of the Jira issues, I would, but I dunno who I have to bribe to be able to do that :-)

I've had hundreds of items un-list themselves.  They are all copy items which refutes the response in the LL post of no-copy items unlisted and sitting in unassociated. Everything I build is copy.  I am not going to relist in the event they roll something back as it may disrupt the program.  I suspect nothing is going to be resolved until Monday since it is a holiday weekend.  How disconcerting it is to imagine the work ahead if this is not fixed internally.  Sighs

1 hour ago, rasterscan said:

Could someone enlighten me what the difference between associated and unassociated items is ?

It's called VMM - Viewer Managed Marketplace - and it replaced the two older delivery systems three or four years ago.

The Marketplace window in your viewer is really only a display of one specific folder in your inventory - one that is usually hidden in the regular inventory window so when you move or copy items to it, all you really do is move/copy them from one folder in your inventory to another.

To list the item for sale, you also have to create a listing and associate the item with it. Then you have to log on to the Marketplace and add all the info you want to show up on the listing page into a rather clumsy online form.

So an unassociated item is one that has been moved to the Marketplace folder but not yet associated with (or linked to if you like) a specific MP listing.

(I know, this is a very impractical and clumsy and time consuming method and yes, it does even look downright idiotic but I do actually have a lot of sympathy for the people who made it. What they were trying to do, was link the old MP system with the old inworld inventory system. Those two systems were never intended to work together at all - they're even written in wildly different programming languages - and they're both way outdated, notoriously unreliable and seriously overloaded and they were rather poorly made right from the start. With odds like that against them, it's a miracle the programmers who made VMM managed to come up with something that worked at all.)

Edited by ChinRey

This makes me very nervous, though so far I have not been affected. It is very disheartening that apparently all employees ran off to eat turkey when there is a major crisis like this. If my customers were having a meltdown over one of my products,  I would login and take care of it before sitting down to eat turkey. 

• Like 1

43 minutes ago, Pamela Galli said:

This makes me very nervous

So was I but it turns out both the automatic deletion of carefully selected MP listings and the "problems" wannabe buyers have had purchasing anything at all are both part of a new feature LL is introducing to help people fight inventory clutter. There was a bit of internal misunderstanding though so it was launched too early. It wasn't due until next week and the announcement wasn't ready yet.

You can read all about it here on Monday.

• Haha 1
  • Sad 1

1 hour ago, ChinRey said:

So was I but it turns out both the automatic deletion of carefully selected MP listings and the "problems" wannabe buyers have had purchasing anything at all are both part of a new feature LL is introducing to help people fight inventory clutter. There was a bit of internal misunderstanding though so it was launched too early. It wasn't due until next week and the announcement wasn't ready yet.

You can read all about it here on Monday.

No doubt it will be “exciting”.:(

ETA Cindy beat me to it! xD

Edited by Pamela Galli
  • Haha 2

6 hours ago, rasterscan said:

Could someone enlighten me what the difference between associated and unassociated items is ?

When an item is associated, a listing has been already created for the item (with a number). You can see this number (ID) after the item name in your Marketplace listings (Viewer side). This number appear too in the item URL (e.g. https://marketplace.secondlife.com/p/KTC-Script-memory-meter/2973346). It is possible to associate an unassociated item manually if you know this number.

On ‎11‎/‎24‎/‎2017 at 6:45 AM, Shuichi Shinji said:

In my case, that's not true - only listings containing one certain script (streaming server related) and exactly those listings, no others, were affected. All others of my items, also newly listed ones, are still there. I mostly sell full perm scripts, so none of these items contains anything "no copy" and they are ok. Also, the other contents of the affected listings were used in other listings as well and without issues, so they are likely not responsible.

Considering that Saii from SHX is massively affected, apparently also Vea products and other media-related things, I don't think this is a coincidence. I have no explanation for that, though, other scripts which use HTTP requests to contact a server are still listed, and I can't really think about a reason why only this one script of mine is affected.

In your case, maybe there are different issues surfacing here, so your items vanish because of something else... who knows.. it's just a guessing game ^^

That's strange; all 27 of my affected products are food/beverage items. Nothing at all to do with http requests, just animation scripts in them. And all are COPY products.

I've talked to live help yesterday, who assured me they were working on it.

Though i have a hard time believing that, since when re-listing an item, it's removed again the next day.
Meaning that they have a script in place which is causing the removal of MP items. Logically it would be the first thing to remove, if they are really working on it.

I don't want to say this lovely lady from live help was lying to me; I really hope not. But if they are, there's seemingly not much going on.

No feedback, no reply to tickets, removal script is still in place, no help on what to do (should you relist or not?) and no indication on any progess on fixing this.

I really wish everyone a good time and happiness, and understand holidays are a much needed break.

However, you just don't break things and then walk away, that's just morally wrong and gives a strong message to your customers, albeit the wrong one.

Edited by Saii Hallard
grammar
  • Like 1

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 2220 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.