Suddenly Unassociated products

Deadly Bunny

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 2221 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

A customer wanted to buy my tv and told me the tv was gone from marketplace. I didnt get a warning or a reason on why it was gone. I was wondering if it was a glitch because my tv been around since 2013. I think it was up today but im not sure what happen. I seen a blank spot when I check but thats it. I still have a few other items up but thats it.

I regularly put products up on Marketplace. All was fine and as usual yesterday.. loaded up and listed a few new products. Today, I open up my Unassociated tab and find 27 current products suddenly not only unlisted and unavailable on my Marketplace store, but unassociated at all! Can someone at Linden Lab explain this please? Do I really have to create these listings all over again and round up my info and pictures and crosslink them with other products again??? I've had no emails from LL about this and btw , we are not talking sex bed products here we are talking Hot Coffee Jug.. Creamy Eggnog Server.. Roast Turkey and Potato Platter... Vintage Ice Cream Cart,  and the like.

• Sad 1

You could be waiting forever if you're waiting for a Linden to give you an official explanation. When you reached the main forum page, on the right hand side is a nice convenient link for support which is where you need to  direct queries like this. 

https://lindenlab.freshdesk.com/support/tickets/new

All the rest of us can do is speculate, only Linden Lab can give you an official explanation of the why's and what for's in your specific case

• Like 1

Since yesterday half of my Marketplace listings are suddenly unassociated and subsequently the items are not available anymore on the Marketplace.

Probably due to some database purging / migrating that went wrong.

Whatever the reason, it would be nice to know what's going on.
Any Linden want to step up here?

I have a huge lack of faith in them dong this properly.  I have new holiday related products i need to finish entering now that were already sitting in my unassociated list before this mess happened.  Will this require a roll back that will negatively impact the seasonal listing I entered today?  They are absolute rubbish at advising us of the fix strategy BEFORE they inflict it upon us. I was one day away from catching up on all my listings.  I am not taking this very well at all. The timing could not be worse.  I know I am merely venting at this point, but dang it LL... why do this crap just before you go on holiday?

I put in a ticket about this yesterday. Alot of my items are gone too. I seen alot of items gone from audio and video. I Hope they can do a rollback because I had alot of reviews and I had them up for years . I hope they can fix this issue for all of us because I seen alot of people talking about it.

LL are aware of the problem & it's affecting a lot of people.

https://status.secondlifegrid.net/incidents/nylvk04mplfd

Note this isn't only affecting no copy items as the grid status post says though.

There are a lot of JIRA issues filed too.  The main issue is BUG-202631 - My item has been unlisted from my shop but I didn't received any money to my account
All other reports and forum posts reporting the problem are linked to that issue.

Note this isn't only affecting no copy items as the grid status post says though.

There are a lot of JIRA issues filed too.  The main issue is BUG-202631 - My item has been unlisted from my shop but I didn't received any money to my account
All other reports and forum posts reporting the problem are linked to that issue.

Thanks alot for the information. I wonder how long this will take because I seen alot of items removed in the audio and video category. I hope they can retore it back because some of the items I have are old. I dont remember what I put in for them and it will be very hard and I had alot of good reviews on some.

I just found 6 (out of 508) items from my MP store had suddenly disappeared. They sit in the Marketplace window now, unassociated and unlisted. The product pages (descriptions, images, other data), all gone. The item contents include 1 microphone, 2 television sets and 3 radios. Very odd, and indeed in the audio-video category, as Deadly Oliver said.

The status page mentions No Copy items, but mine are Copy/No Trans.

Edited by Arduenn Schwartzman

Most of my listings suddenly vanished without a trace. I received no notifications or emails by Linden Lab, nothing. None of the deleted listings included "No copy" items. The entire content has been wiped, not just text and pictures, but everything - as if I never had uploaded anything at all. The product pictures still are in Google cache, you can look them up by picture search.

No explaining or encouraging support responses on my tickets yet.

This is totally outrageous. Aren´t they able to run a commerce website reliably? Are there no logs, no back ups?

Edited by Vivienne Schell

Be glad that your stuff is "unassociated" at least, they wiped mine almost completely - without any notification and advice on how to react now. Regarding their holidays : The latest bug reports from yesterday and today (JIRA), as well as my latest supprt ticket, still wait for review, so I suspect that they actually prefer their turkey for doing their business in a reliable way.

Hell is full of IT dilettants.

I am having the same issue, although it only affects 4 of my listings. All 4 contain the same script (although in different versions) which is requesting music stream info. None of my other items uses this script. Maybe it's just coincidence, though...

Edit: See also https://jira.secondlife.com/browse/BUG-202640 which seems to point in a similar direction.

Another edit: I relisted them because I thought it was due to the issue with items becoming unlisted when the inventory has not fully loaded yet, and they became unlisted again (with a fully loaded inventory)... so better save the effort for now ^^ Another new and unrelated item I listed together with the relisted items is still there.

Edited by Shuichi Shinji
Clarification of relisting.

The same issue. I didn't even notice until customers started complaining that they couldn't view the listings so I don't know when exactly the problem occurred. So far there are 7 of listings missing and all but one have copy permission.

Edited by Ela Talaj

Apparently, any copyable sales "package/box" containing one - or more -"no-copy"- item(s) (script, object, whatsoever) is affected by the massive bug they generated. In such a case it´s very likely that customers did not  get notified at all - and the entire "box/container" got wiped completely - along with the associated listing page...

Edited by Vivienne Schell

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 2221 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.