Angelsflyhigh

Unexpected Item in Transactions

Question

Exactly waht it says in the heading... 

I have located something in my transactions and i have no idea what it is?

Someone give me an idea on what on earth it is  . I bought a tip jar but nowhere does it mention group liability and i dont want that to be taken off to anyone else.

2017-11-21 01:27:33 dd5dff3d Destination: ~WW~ Stables & Angel Breeds Mates! 
Group Liability

10 answers to this question

2 minutes ago, Angelsflyhigh said:

Exactly waht it says in the heading... 

I have located something in my transactions and i have no idea what it is?

Someone give me an idea on what on earth it is  . I bought a tip jar but nowhere does it mention group liability and i dont want that to be taken off to anyone else.

2017-11-21 01:27:33 dd5dff3d Destination: ~WW~ Stables & Angel Breeds Mates! 
Group Liability

It means that group you are a member of passes costs of advertising group land in search on to its members.  Group liabilities..  You can question the owner of the group about this, they might not know they have it activated for members

• Thanks 1

1 hour ago, Cindy Evanier said:

It means that group you are a member of passes costs of advertising group land in search on to its members.  Group liabilities..  You can question the owner of the group about this, they might not know they have it activated for members

The benefit of the doubt is always nice. Though this aspect of group management is not the default. The group owner had to actively choose to turn on group liabilities.

@OP: If you know which group it is, I recommend to leave it.

• Like 1

8 hours ago, Qa Boa said:

Group name shown in the OP:  ~WW~ Stables & Angel Breeds Mates! 

On 11/21/2017 at 7:14 AM, Qa Boa said:

The benefit of the doubt is always nice. Though this aspect of group management is not the default. The group owner had to actively choose to turn on group liabilities.

When did they change that?  Group liabilities was on for all roles by default last I checked...but "last I checked" was a long time ago.

2 hours ago, Lindal Kidd said:

When did they change that?  Group liabilities was on for all roles by default last I checked...but "last I checked" was a long time ago.

As far as I know, it's never been changed, Lindal, but documentation is hard to find. Torley was careful to point out in this video that Everyone pays group liabilities by default. It's dated, but so far it's the most recent, clear statement I've found, and it matches my most recent experience -- less than a year ago.

I just checked by creating a new group incase the fix had regressed - the Everyone role does indeed have "Pay group liabilities and receive group dividends" disabled by default.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Thanks, Whirly. That one snuck in totally under the radar. I'm glad you caught it. I haven't created a new group since about this time last year, but I could swear that I had to uncheck that ability at the time. I guess I was wrong.

• Like 1