change my avatar

Beam86

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 2319 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

Question

3 answers to this question

There is sooo much to say and to write, but i would recommend you to take your "classes" inworld. Learning by doing... :)
You could go to the new resident help area (Firestorm) wich you can find here:
http://world.secondlife.com/place/3c3cbb34-3678-c36f-02a9-f5fa6bd0cb6c

There you find a lot of useful advices for dressing or shaping yourself, and if you get stuck, just ask one of the 24/7 available friendly mentors.

• Like 1

As Resi said, it's an endless subject, but you can start with the basics.

To adjust your shape, right-click your avatar and select Appearance, Edit Shape (or words to that effect) and play with the sliders. To change your skin and hair, open up your Inventory (Control-I) and navigate to the Library folder. There you will find all the default SL avatars with their skins, hair, clothes, etc. - double-clicking on any item will make you wear it. For clothes you might first need to remove existing clothes - you can do this by right-clicking the item on your avatar and selecting Detach, or by looking in the Current Outfit folder in your inventory and double-clicking the item. Then you can go back to the item you want to wear, right-click it and select Add.

Of course this is just the tip of the iceberg, and very few of us limit ourselves to what the Library provides. There is a huge web marketplace where you can buy stuff (or get it free) and hundreds of in-world shops to explore.

• Like 1

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 2319 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.