Login location queue

Ivanova Shostakovich

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 2341 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

16 hours ago, Ivanova Shostakovich said:

I want a login location queue. I want to be able to set up a list consisting of primary login location, and alternate locations the viewer will attempt to log me into in the event my primary is offline or full of flying monkeys. Would this be hard to implement?

What problem are you trying to solve? If a login fails because the region is full, you can just select another location and try again...

and Alwin is correct that you can set a preference to show your favorite locations as a menu on the login screen (that's in the LInden viewer too, Alwin)

• Like 1

31 minutes ago, Oz Linden said:

What problem are you trying to solve?

A Tuesday problem... "Sorry, unable to log you into SL because your destination is Rolling but we won't say that, we'll claim your internet is broken instead ;) "

What shes asking for isn't the optional "display your favorites" on the login screen, shes asking if instead of FAILING to log you in and sending you a message that claims your internet is broken, how about it automatically tries a DIFFERENT region on your "fallback login locations list"

• Thanks 1

I should have been more clear in my post. I don't experience login failures on restart days. Instead, I login successfully but I am automatically routed to a random info-hub, in whatever condition I had been when I logged out.

If, when I am logging in and my desired location is unavailable, instead of routing me to a random info-hub, I would like it if my viewer could make automatic, successive attempts to route me to the next available landmark in a specific list I have created of familiar, safe locations. So, if I try to login to my home and see I'm standing in a friend's living room I can say "Oh, it must be Tuesday. I'm wearing a smile. But at least I'm not surrounded by strangers." My list would be tailored to avoid embarrassing moments. And let's be honest, there are places some of us would rather not be, no matter what we're wearing.

• Like 2

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 2341 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.