Banned for No Payment?

Yoko Hoisan

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 2318 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

Question

Nevermind, I didn't know LL "holds" accounts now that missed payments. Please delete. She checked her email and found the notice for it.

Hello forums! I'm asking for a friend who doesn't really know how to use all this, but suddenly last night she was kicked offline and couldn't log back in. She thinks she "lost" her account due to missing a payment on Premium. But that shouldn't happen right? You should just lose your premium benefits, but still be able to log into the account.

Anyone have an idea what happened?

Edited by Yoko Hoisan
update

3 answers to this question

Actually, it can happen ... although she wouldn't "lose" her account.  She's simply suspended until she pays her outstanding bill. That's an important difference between a free, Basic account and a Premium account.  You can't usually be suspended for non-payment of bills if you have a Basic account, simply because you can't run up much of a negative balance.  Anyway, all your friend has to do is pay her bill to get reinstated.  If she has a question, she can contact Live Chat or call the LL Billing Office.

• Thanks 1

• Lindens

Hi Yoko,

I’m sorry to hear your friend is having difficulty accessing their account.  I wanted to assure you and the rest of the community that missing a Premium payment will not cause you to immediately lose your ability to log in world.  If you miss a payment, an email is sent to let you know that we had a problem with your account.  

Now, I will tell you that after many years in Concierge Support, I have found this email many, many times in residents’ spam folders so I always tell folks to make sure to check that folder and allow any emails from Linden Lab to bypass the spam folder.  Only after your account has been delinquent for a full 30 days is it placed on hold and you are then not able to log in world, but you can still log into the website.  

Another tip:  If you cannot log in world,check the status blog (usually on your viewer screen, or on https://status.secondlifegrid.net) first and your account on the web second.  If you log in to the website within the first 60 days of missing a payment, you can still pay your balance due there.  After 60 days, however, you will need to contact our wonderful support team to assist you in either paying your balance due or downgrading your account to Basic.

When you sign up for a Premium account, it does let you know that your account will be automatically billed each month/quarter/year (for whichever plan you choose) to the payment method you have on file.  We understand that our methods may not be convenient for all Residents, so I will let you in on a little secret:  We are currently reviewing these methods in an attempt to create a better process for everyone concerned.  Please continue to keep an eye on the blogs, as any changes will be announced there as soon as possible.

As always, our Support Teams are more than happy to answer any questions you might have, so please visit our Support Portal and use the contact method of choice available to you.

Keira Linden

Supervisor, Support Operations

Edited by Keira Linden
  • Like 4
  • Thanks 1

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 2318 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.