How do we report server issues?

littleblackkittycat1979

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 1435 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

Question

9 answers to this question

That's not a normal Firestorm or Linden Lab message for a login failure, so I'm not sure what's causing you trouble.  If there's no mention of a grid-wide server issue in the Grid Status blog (there isn't any at the moment, in fact), then the only possible server issues would be associated with the region that you are trying to log in to.  The way to test that is to try logging in to a different region, like Pooley or Smith.  If login fails there too, then it's very unlikely to be a server issue, especially since there isn't a pile of people all complaining about login problems right now.  It's much more likely that you have a local problem with your own Internet connection.  Try rebooting both your modem and your router.  That often clears up simple login issues.  Also, avoid using a wireless Internet connection and definitely avoid a satellite connection.  Use a direct cable or DSL connection instead.

UPDATE:  Within the past few minutes, several other people have posted with the same issue, so it may well be a grid-wide issue.  Keep watching the Grid Status blog for some notice there.

Edited by Rolig Loon

17 minutes ago, jennie678999 said:

Having issue myself, its telling me to check the grid status, and i was getting a lot lag before as well.

5 minutes ago, Kintupel said:

Also been unable to log in for the past half hour or so, neither on FS nor Lumiya.

OK, so Plan B. Take a break for a while.  Have supper, walk the dog, read the funny paper, call your Mom ...  When the SL repair team fixes whatever is busted, we'll all get back in. ;)

12 minutes ago, Rolig Loon said:

OK, so Plan B. Take a break for a while.  Have supper, walk the dog, read the funny paper, call your Mom ...  When the SL repair team fixes whatever is busted, we'll all get back in. ;)

Well, supper can wait.  Tell the dog to hold it, put down the funny paper, and tell your Mom  you'll call back later.  I just logged in.  Maybe you can too.  :)

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 1435 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.