Firestorm-Releasex64 5.0.7.52912 > movelock?

ChoiceRider

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 1401 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

Somehow in the past, I did manage to turn on the command [movelock]. I remember doing so, but can't seem to be able to find it again to turn it off. Searching the web resulted in this single direction: CTRL+ALT+P(doesn't work in my FS viewer) > Avatar(no such link) > Movement > Movelock

I think I've looked everywhere for Movelock but haven't found it. Preferences > Move & View > Movement tab >  (contains no Movelock).

This is the second post I've created tonight involving my visits to Vista Animations. They have these square pads to stand on that serve to sample there AOs and other animations, but my avatar no longer responds to the animations supplied by these pads. I'm thinking that this is due to having Moveblock turned on keeping my avi from responding.

My viewer is Firestorm-Releasex64 5.0.7.52912

Any help in finding this Moveblock command or any other ideas for why my avi just stands unmoved by these animation pads would be much appreciated.

Thanks, ChoiceRider

P.S.  I tried using not only Firestorm but also SL-viewer, and Alchemy with no change. Also, I detached everything including the AO.

Edited by ChoiceRider
update

the avatar menu button is the top left of your viewer. If you cant see it alongside, comm, world etc then make sure you do not have anything in the menu search field up along side your L$ balance. If that upper menu is just not there at all then you may have the unfortunate luck of the latest issue affecting intel drivers. 

The movelock key combo command is indeed ctrl+alt+P if this is not working for you (and check in nearby chat for the confirmation of it working) if this si not working then you may have a gesture which is overriding the combo, and you will need to find that gesture and deactivate it before being able to use the shortcut 

The quickest and more cenvenient way for you to get immediate direct aassistance with the viewer is to join their support group inworld. Either via the help menu at the top of the viewer, or simply by searching groups for Friestorm supprt

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

51 minutes ago, HunniHope said:

the avatar menu button is the top left of your viewer. If you cant see it alongside, comm, world etc then make sure you do not have anything in the menu search field up along side your L$ balance. If that upper menu is just not there at all then you may have the unfortunate luck of the latest issue affecting intel drivers. 

The movelock key combo command is indeed ctrl+alt+P if this is not working for you (and check in nearby chat for the confirmation of it working) if this si not working then you may have a gesture which is overriding the combo, and you will need to find that gesture and deactivate it before being able to use the shortcut 

The quickest and more cenvenient way for you to get immediate direct aassistance with the viewer is to join their support group inworld. Either via the help menu at the top of the viewer, or simply by searching groups for Friestorm supprt

I do have the Avatar drop-down menu, tho there are no other Avatar links within it, but there is no "Movement" selection in it either. And the path Preferences > Move & View > Movement tab >  (contains no Movelock).

As far as gesture shortcuts are concerned, I've never added/created or edited any of them, much less used them. So I don't think there should be any conflict. I heard of a Gesture Editor, but where is the thing? In web search, there's only reference to creating gestures that I've found. When I right-click on my avi and choose gestures, I see the list showing very few shortcuts, none of which using cntrl+alt+P.

Thanks unniHope

Edited by ChoiceRider
format issues

The portion of the menu that has Movelock is here:

Firestorm-Movelock.jpg.11ad46099e1e0893ae12385ddfbf031a.jpg

If Movelock is greyed out, the LSL bridge is probably not attached or isn't working. Get it back by going here:

5a118e44e8b88_Firestorm-RecreateLSLBridge.jpg.0413373fe9596da59e6406300372882e.jpg

As for the pads at Vista, right-click & select Pose to make them work.

Also: Make sure you have your AO turned off,  assuming you have one already.

Edited by Parhelion Palou
another thought slipped in
  • Like 2
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, Parhelion Palou said:

The portion of the menu that has Movelock is here:

Firestorm-Movelock.jpg.11ad46099e1e0893ae12385ddfbf031a.jpg

If Movelock is greyed out, the LSL bridge is probably not attached or isn't working. Get it back by going here:

5a118e44e8b88_Firestorm-RecreateLSLBridge.jpg.0413373fe9596da59e6406300372882e.jpg

As for the pads at Vista, right-click & select Pose to make them work.

Also: Make sure you have your AO turned off,  assuming you have one already.

WOW Parhelion Palou, excellent knowledge! You showed me exactly where to find Movelock. And it was greyed out, and by your directions, it was made accessible again, tho it hadn't been turned on.

I just joined the Firestorm in-world group and in a chat with them, it was suggested that I right-clicked the pad for options. Doing so, I discovered a "try it" option that solved all my problems.

Thanks, Parhelion Palou for your exacting assistances.

Soooo embarrassed =/, At least now I know the ins-and-outs of using Movelock.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, ChoiceRider said:

I just joined the Firestorm in-world group and in a chat with them, it was suggested that I right-clicked the pad for options. Doing so, I discovered a "try it" option that solved all my problems.

Thanks to all who did there level best to help me.

God Bless You, ChoiceRider

• Like 1

• 2 years later...
You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 1401 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.