group - asking for help with deleting abilities and eject/opening of notices once sent

M1ssConduct

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 2341 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

Question

I have a group i created: Devoted Ex Vita Un Nex Pack

Members are not able to open the notices when it reaches the top right had side of their SL viewer to view message or retrieve attachment.  Is there a way to fix this.  It is happenig to me too and i find other groups when i see a message flash in top right i can click on it and open it.  I'd like to make it as easy as possible to open notices and announcements.
There are three people in my group that i'd like to remove all abilities to them and eject them.  It is not letting me.  Please help.  I'd like to eject these three individuals from my group:  mrmurder, blairtrisha1211, and bauhunter.biscuit.
M1ssConduct

5 answers to this question

Regarding your inability to eject persons from your group:

Have they been given the Owner role?  Once granted this role, an Owner can never be removed from the group (unless they leave voluntarily).  Your only option in this case is to leave the group yourself, and invite other members to join your new group.

• Thanks 1

7 hours ago, M1ssConduct said:

I believe the owner issue is now resolved.  Thank you. This piece re the notices opening is the next hurdle.

Members are not able to open the notices when it reaches the top right had side of their SL viewer to view message or retrieve attachment.  Is there a way to fix this.  It is happenig to me too and i find other groups when i see a message flash in top right i can click on it and open it.  I'd like to make it as easy as possible to open notices and announcements.

Opening notices is an old bug. The notices are good for a couple of hours. So, if you see one pop and click it, it will almost always open as expected. Also, a landmark (BUG-10498) in a notice will work while it is fresh.

Say a notice gets sent at 10 AM and I login at 6 PM, 8 hours later, chances are good the notice attachments will not open (BUG-6542) and a Landmark will not work. It is a server thing allowing the information to time out.

• Thanks 2

I believe the owner issue is now resolved.  Thank you. This piece re the notices opening is the next hurdle.

Edited by M1ssConduct

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 2341 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.