How to Get into, and through Training at the Coercion Combine and similar SLMC military groups.

Parx Oran

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 1922 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

f1a2D4W.png

Alright, so let's get this out of the way.

For those wondering about the SLMC communities, here is more info on the finest example of one

Basically, the SLMC groups are combat groups that people can join, but not all groups will take just anybody. Our training is known to be one of the more difficult ones to pass and people have asked me to make a guide to getting through training in one piece.

For this example, I'll, of course, be using the Coercion Combine. To get in, just go to our sim Here and in the spawn area, you'll see some hovering drones. One of the drones will be offering something called an Outer Party Form. That is our fancy word for "Training application." Just fill it out. It doesn't have to be too serious, we understand this is a video game and some fun with your first impression is important. After that, follow the directions at the bottom and hand the application to one of the people at the bottom, then you'll be all set.

e90nrLi.png

Alright so, first off lemme start by introducing myself. I am Brother Kobi and I am a Paladin in the Combine. (officer rank 1) I have been in the Combine for 4 and a half years and am proud to say that I've done a very large portion of the group's training since late 2013. I've seen a lot pass, and I've seen a lot fail. Nowadays I make most of the training resources from our primjump courses to our arenas. I'll educate you on primjumping here in a bit, but for now, I'm just gonna tell you what you're going to need.

- Patience [We test the patience of the people who join to weed out those who aren't looking at the group as what the rest of this game gives you, and that is instant gratification]

- Composure [If you lack patience, typically people's first step is to get angry and use the weapons we supply you to try and kill the trainers. The trainers have proven their skill in combat and would love to destroy you. That is not a fight you will win, and it's a fight that sucks to lose]

- Determination [As much as these all seem like buzz words that you'd write in the footnotes of your bible study book, you need to have your mind absolutely set that this is where you want to be. We spend a lot of time making the weapons and armor that we pretty much just give out for free, so we only want to give them to people who will set an example with them]

- Understanding [Many people look at some of the tests as useless or unnecessary, but you need to understand that we're not just making stuff up when we want you to do something. Our training habits have been cultivated since roughly 2006 when our group's relative, Black Talon was top dog]

5a10b38c00348_aspirgearpost.thumb.png.0c39c62e31df8e24d7fdb306efeb1e2d.png

Alrighty, your favorite part. Here is what we give you to start out and get through training. Some of these items are for us, but some are our gifts to you for entering training in the first place.

- Aspir Gear [Don't worry, its made to look bad. We have this horrifying compilation of random fabrics as something you will be required to wear during training. This is to filter out people who are way too attached to their avatar's appearance and get them used to the idea of a uniform. Upon passing training, you'll have much much more freedom with your appearance, as you'll get your first armor set.]

- Kestrel [This is your first Coercion Weapon. It is a standard pistol with 12 rounds. Fires at 200 m/s. Just because this gun is free, does not mean it is bad. Many skilled members and even some Vaukreyn {annual tournament winners} prefer this weapon because of its responsiveness in lag, and how fast it's able to fire off rounds]

- Necklace [It's not required, but it lets high command officers blow you up if you're being dumb]

- The Creed [These are your rules to live by for the next many years you'll be in the Combine, but more importantly it has all the answers to the boring written tests. The rules change as does the political climate of the community]

I'd wear all of them at all times, and keep the Kestrel on as well so trainers and vets can tell when you're in mouselook and give you suggestions to help you along.

L9NS8UJ.png

This is the sim and venue where our training is held, there are two very memorable places that you'll go to in Pandoras box [PanBox]. The primjump course, and the arena. I'll go over tips and heads ups on what you will, and might run into when in PanBox in the form of the order in which you'll do your training. We've got several requirements that usually don't ever take more than 2-3 days to complete [and those are always fairly inactive people, so no worries if you're a busy person]

1. Knowledge Assessment [Litterally impossible to fail, just answer your best and if you're wrong, the appointed trainer will correct you]

2. Primjump Evaluation [This one is my favorite because it's usually somebody's first experience with treating SL less like a social chat platform, and more like a real video game. Much like every video game, each has their own quirks and exploits. Primjumping is the art and study of using those exploits to gain a tactical advantage. Most people start out by calling it Second Life Parkour, and for all intensive purposes that are entirely correct. If you're worried about how much time you take on it, don't. people have taken up to 6 hours to complete it and still get accepted. This is where those first four traits I talked about come into play]

3. Combat Evaluation [This is where you get to use the kestrel to finally kill something, however, this usually doesn't mean you're going to be paired up with a fair fight. The odds in this fight are made to be stacked against you greatly. Many times during fights the Combine is faced with holding composure in raids that don't necessarily go our way. We will face you with the equivalent of your worst case scenarios. Most of the time, the trainer will start out with a melee only until they escalate to something more your speed. Getting used to fighting melee only infantry [Brawlers] is the best way to learn your aim. Brawlers typically know how to move on the battlefield, and know how to move to trick you into being exactly where they want you to strike. However, your gun is longer range than all melee weapons. All you need to do is aim, and keep your distance [kiting]]

-------- At this point, you'll take a break for a day. Maybe go on some raids, and you can chill out and do whatever. Keep in mind if you're gonna hang out on base, you'll be required to be in tag, and in your awful looking aspir gear --------

4. Advanced Knowledge Assessment [More difficult than the regular assessment and requires you to consult the creed. You get 30 minutes on it, but it shouldn't take you more than 10. I wouldn't copy paste from it, but just paraphrase the best you can. not everything the test asks is in the creed, some require your own knowledge]

5. Final Exam [Basically the same as the advanced knowledge Assessment, but much easier to fail. This is full of the more important rules that we strictly follow. We need to make sure that you won't make a bad example of the group]

6. Two Raids or Defenses [You can do these at any time during training. people will take note and are watching, but you might notify somebody that looks important whenever you are on a raid. Typically if the grid is quiet that day, an officer or OIC can lead a drill where we fight amongst ourselves, and those do count]

and then you're finished. You will then be given our Discord where we will then direct you to the meat of it all.

C3miJwo.png

You will then be E-1 Dragoon. You at this point are now a full member of Coercion, and are given everything you see here and more completely free. Here is the rundown.

- The Hud [Ever wanted something that had simwide communications, Landmines, grenade interceptors, umbrella shields, sitbarrcades, normal barricades, Bubble shields, a Jetbike, a mortar, 5 grenade types that vary depending on your class, deployables that depend on your class, a backpack for your resources, Alloy (our currency) and a dodgeroll? boy well do I have something for you. This has all of that and is constantly getting more added to it. You might picture the script time being massive, but all scripts are made with lag efficiency in mind]

- The Punkin' Eris Armor [Coercion is defined by our appearance. Armor is earned and we are proud to be able to wear it. This is your first armor set and your first step into our ranks. Be proud, you've earned it]

- Sebastiio War Banner [Named after one of our officers whos raiding habits heavily consist of beating the enemy to a pulp and then gloating about it, the banner can be slammed on the ground in a sort of chant. When an officer slams their banner on the ground, everybody else wearing a banner will slam simultaneously to demoralize the enemy

- BP-100 [Butt Pack 100. It's our lowest tier of jetpack. Jetpacks can't be used all the time just like everything in the armory, but we have a different jetpack for every situation. This one is the best "all around" jetpack]

- Ceres Dagger [Standard 5 meter melee. Melees are used to fill the gap between a gun's rez distance. Guns have rez distances so that we don't dodgeroll into our own bullets and die]

- Contender [People like to call it the combat shovel and is used for competitive dueling. It's a 2-meter melee, but if you swing and miss, it will take 50% of your health. A lot of thinking is involved in contender duels, so have fun]

- Combat Stick [Many armies have fallen by the sheer might of this 3-meter melee. It is used in unison by the army when relations with another military have broken down so much, they've banned everything in our armory. Imagine cultivating your military only for people to defeat it with twigs. This is why we own this]

- Copperhead Stinger [Standard dumbfire Rocket Launcher. Mainhand. Deals 35 AT to armored sitbases]

- PP29, PP57, (PP19) [Standard assault rifles with varying spreads. Used for different situations]

- Faulken Spec-OP [Standard Sniper, and burst rifle. Bullets are quite a bit larger to balance them out with full auto weapons]

- Kestrel Reskin [The kestrel trainee pistol has several skins for different ranks, and is still a favorite amongst the veterans]

- Access to the largest private armory SL has to offer, and the means to get it.

yepyLoX.png

Welcome to the Combine, Brother or Sister

If you have any questions regarding more about what this post is about, please visit THIS PAGE

K nevermind what I said before, but your most useful loadout is your starter one.

A full-auto gun that works no matter how much lag, and a knife with a decent melee.

Utilize the environment and sim rules to your advantage, it's all I've really needed.

Edit: Just realized that dodgeroll, strafe, and prim-jumping have been immensely helpful too.

Edited by Aruminoi
  • Thanks 1

I do have to clarify since one of the Lindens put this thread in the "Roleplay" section that we are not a roleplay group. We use the linden labs combat system to its fullest extent to create weapons, armor and fight other factions that do the same. Ranks and regulations aren't there to be pretty or immerse people into a far-off fantasy land but have been set in place to keep the group's structure sustainable for long periods of time. We do encourage people to of course join, but if you like roleplaying, we encourage our members to do that on the side.

We are NOT a Roleplay Group

if a Linden would please move this thread to the appropriate place (which would be a combat section if it existed) that would be fantastic.

Edited by Parx Oran

8 hours ago, Parx Oran said:

I do have to clarify since one of the Lindens put this thread in the "Roleplay" section that we are not a roleplay group. We use the linden labs combat system to its fullest extent to create weapons, armor and fight other factions that do the same. Ranks and regulations aren't there to be pretty or immerse people into a far-off fantasy land but have been set in place to keep the group's structure sustainable for long periods of time. We do encourage people to of course join, but if you like roleplaying, we encourage our members to do that on the side.

We are NOT a Roleplay Group

if a Linden would please move this thread to the appropriate place (which would be a combat section if it existed) that would be fantastic.

Looks like Roleplay content to me, Roleplay group or not. Also, you can use the 'report post' feature to the upper right hand of the thread to open this option and ask to have a thread moved. Mods are not obligated either way upon request and it is up to them after review.

• Haha 1

yeah, unfortunately, there are some other combat communities having the same issue. Some have roleplay content but would like to be looked at as a Combat community as opposed to an RP. Us though, we don't roleplay and actually ask people to cut that kind of stuff out when they do it in our sims. The SLMC has rather kept to its own forms of communication for the past 10-13 years which is why it might seem a bit outlandish that there is a combat community that strictly just fights each other in the first place. To my knowledge, nobody has tried the forums in the past which is why I've started posting here.

But, thanks for the suggestion, I'll give it a try.

Edited by Parx Oran

• 2 months later...
  • 4 weeks later...

We moved sim to - Dark Dreams

On 1/28/2018 at 3:08 PM, Hunkledink said:

I tried to check out the sim just to learn more but the landmark is for a piece of land for sale. I'm unable to find any sims when searching too. Is this group no longer?

Edited by hightailz
Added link to newest post

• 2 months later...
  • 8 months later...
On 5/6/2018 at 12:38 PM, avguste said:

So I do have to ask. How is the shooting in SL? are they many SLMC groups and is there a listing of them? What do you all do in SL (type of activities). L$ Salary?

Unfortunately everyone in that community sticks to 100 damage bullets. So one shot, one kill. The community is largely dead and is not really active beyond a few times a year. This is due to other games coming out as well as people quitting the community due to people griefing. Coercion is one such group.

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 1922 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.